Genesis Figures (Victoria 5) and Poser

paulzolopaulzolo Posts: 0
edited December 2012 in New Users

Hi,
I’ve bought the Victoria 5 starter kit and the Poser/Genesis converter software. So far, I’m a bit confused THere are about 10 pages of files to download, and even if I just download the Mac ones, there seems to be a bewildering number of .zip files - some with duplicate file names. Anyway, I downloaded the lot an installed them to my Poser downloads folder. I wish documentation was more comprehensive, and also I wish that they could filter files depending on the target platform (e.g. Mac/Poser, Windows/Daz Studio, and the other combinations).

All seems to be working so far, but I am noticing large white seams where limbs join the torso on the Genesis figure. How do I get rid of those?

I’ll probably have other questions, but right now I’d like to get the basic figure working.

Thanks.

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 2012

First of all, you might want to review Daz's ToS with regards to skin-coloured figures on the forums (short answer, they're strictly against nudity even if its barbie doll nudity).

Secondly, to answer your question, it looks as though it's a texture mapping issue. Genesis has changeable UV's which you can select from. If you're using a V4 texture, you want to choose V4 UV's from the drop down menu in the surfaces tab. If you're using V5. it should apply this automatically, but if not simply check to ensure Victoria 5 is selected in the UV dropdown.

Edit: Never mind, misread and didn't realise you were using Poser. the DSON importer should have UV selection options in it. Ensure you're using the right set of UV's for the texture through that.

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

Using the importer to apply the V5 maps, if that's what you used, should apply the correct UVS. However, if you apply a different texture set (such as one for V4) using the Poser materials only, with no companion .py and .duf files, then the uv set won't be changed. Mec4D does hae a set of free utility poses that will chaneg the UV set for you.

• paulzolopaulzolo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

HI,
    well, first off - I’ve been following the instructions here for getting Genesis to work in Poser:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/dson_importer_usage/tutorials/using_dson_importer/start

The figures load, but I’m not getting what their screen shots show.

There are no options for UV mapping in the importer preferences in Poser. I certainly don’t see the Victoria option under Real World as the screen shot in the tutorial show. The textures I am having problems with are Genesis Textures - V5 Bree, which I am guessing is a default Genesis texture.

As I said - there are 10 pages of files to download (that’s 100 downloads to sift through). To add to my confusion, there are more than one entry like this in my files download list:
    Victoria 5 Starter Bundle - Victoria 5 - Poser Companion - Mac

Both download what appears to be the same file (the file names are the same, they flag warnings about installing content over existing content - I assume they are the same files duplicated). As far as I can tell, there are no version numbers either. Certainly not on the downloads pages.

I think I’ll install the whole lot into a dummy folder and compare what’s there with what’s in my Poser runtime folder.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,696
    edited December 1969

V5 textures use the V5 UVs, which are not the default. However, the importer should read the ,duf file for the V5 maps and switch to the correct UV set, so given that it doesn't and that you don't have the morphs it sounds as if you have not installed the V5 DSON Core files (which contain the morphs and UV set).

• paulzolopaulzolo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

V5 textures use the V5 UVs, which are not the default. However, the importer should read the ,duf file for the V5 maps and switch to the correct UV set, so given that it doesn't and that you don't have the morphs it sounds as if you have not installed the V5 DSON Core files (which contain the morphs and UV set).

I believe I have installed all the relevant files. However, I have confusion over what file I need to install and what files I don’t. I have the following files:

DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.27_Mac64
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.1_dpc
    Victoria5PoserCF_1.1_dpc
    GabiV5PoserCF_1.4_dpc
    PureHairBubblegumPoserCF_1.2_dpc
    HandyforGenesisPoserCF_1.1_dpc
    GabiV5PoserCF_1.4_dpc
    V5StandardPosesPoserCF_1.1_dpc
    SciFiBunnyGenesisPoserCF_1.6_dpc

However, I also have these files:
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx
    Victoria5_1.1_trx
    SexySilkyforGenesis_1.3_trx
    SciFiBunnyGenesis_1.6_trx
    GabiV5_1.4_trx
    PureHairBubblegum_1.2_trx

The problem I get is that if I install the files ending with _dpc and then install those ending with _trx, I am prompted to uninstall the content first. I don’t know what the differences between trx and doc are - there is no indication in the download list. Infect they are labelled identically there. So right now, even though I have installed everything I’ve downloaded, I don’t know what I should install and what I should not be installing. I am guessing the _dpc files are for Poser and _trx ones are for Daz Studio - but that‘s guess. There is nothing in the installer or the readme (which you only get after the install is completed).

Clear instructions are needed here as right now, I’m getting nothing Victoria wise, and certainly nothing that I can class as being useable. Starting to feel like I have wasted money on this.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

You need to install the .trx files also -- the PoserCF files are just the Poser files and scripts that load them, but the .trx files have the actual models. Just say no to the uninstall request, or else reinstall the PoserCF's afterwards.