Updated Files Notification!!!

nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Is there any way to get some kind of notification when a product has been updated? I just wasted almost 70 download resets to check for file updates, and that's just for my Genesis products! I definately don't want to have to go through all of that for the rest of my purchases. That's hundreds of products!

A simple "last updated" column in the Itemized Order History would be the most ideal option, but even a simple, automated e-mail notification would work too.

Please DAZ, help your customers keep up-to-date with product updates by LETTING US KNOW!!!

Comments

• edited December 1969

Yeah, this really annoys me too. The only reason I knew Hitomi had been updated, for instance, was because I was following that particular forum post carefully. Otherwise nothing... for instance, I lodged a support ticket to state that the Braxton for M5 product didn't display correctly for me (the various morphs do not have icons, just the DAZ grey logo) and while I did have a response stating that it was a glitch they were aware of, I have no idea whether it has been updated or not!

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

+1

An additional column would be fine.
    An email notification would be perfect.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

yes I would like to see a last updated column as well, email would be awesome.

• lithomantislithomantis Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Add me to the list. Email would be the best way to do it, with a last updated column as a back-up.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

I actually think the last updated column is more valuable than the email because its too easy to miss an email. I want the data in one location, the email alert is a nice to have but I think the updated column is mandatory. Hopefully they still have all the data from the last site...

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

I actually think the last updated column is more valuable than the email because its too easy to miss an email. I want the data in one location, the email alert is a nice to have but I think the updated column is mandatory. Hopefully they still have all the data from the last site...

Ditto'ng this -- I'd like an email notification too, but a column in the Itemized Order History with the last-updated date would be more useful to me in the long run. And once DAZ restores the ability to sort by Order Date, including a sort by last-updated date would be great!
  • edited December 1969

Yes please restore our account functionality.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

Hey DAZ, you reading this? People want to know products are being updated!!

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

IIRC when Daz moves to zips and the new installer, that will keep track of ur content and inform you of any updates :)

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

IIRC when Daz moves to zips and the new installer, that will keep track of ur content and inform you of any updates :)

Yes, but there still needs to be a method for those who don't use the Install Manager to know about updates.

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

There should already have been a method for update notificatiuon, that's the whole point. I don't want to spend hours resetting purchases to see what's been updated, I want to work on bringing the ideas banging around in my head to life!