PLASTIC???!!!! noooooo ..... [just being silly here, don't get upset]

patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Oh Blondie9999 ... type of rubber or something, the originals were of an organic material [made in Canada]. And as the promos went, if one were like, lost in the wilderness and really starving to death, you could boil them and EAT them. [thankfully I haven't encountered anybody that actually did that, but one could --- we cannot eat plastic, those are 'knock-offs' originally made elsewhere and eventually took over the world because the originals were rather expensive, but then you could eat them.] [imagine the story lines for this!]

Aside from the note about plastic, promo looks lovely :-)

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sports-clogs-for-genesis

Also opens the door for more 'expressions' required for Genesis ... an amazing number of people will produce an amazing number of different expressions when/as they realize the footwear one has on. From the "oh look, another one just like ...." to a hidden smirk of laughter as they try their best not to because in their ignorance they think you came outside in your slippers.

The originals were even permitted in hospitals [for nurses] as they provided traction even on wet floors and were very comfortable. However, as knockoffs became more common and too many people were wounded through the holes up top, they were later banned from hospitals. The originals also had way better foot support and oh I do I miss them. Can't wear the plastic ones.

Comments

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 2012

Over here in the UK we call them 'Crocs', maybe they were orginally made out of crocodile meat? :D

Post edited by Dogz on
  • adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

Dogz said:
    Over here in the UK we call them 'Crocs', maybe they were orginally made out of crocodile meat? :D
    Because the originals were made by "Crocs, Inc."
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,496
    edited December 1969

Foppatofflor (Foppa slippers in English). Named after the person who introduced them in Sweden, "Foppa" Forsberg, then legendary Hockey player who played 15 years in NHL.

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Dogz said:

I know :P - but thats not as fun.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Dogz said:
    adamr001 said:
    Dogz said:

I know :P - but thats not as fun.

We don't have crocodiles in Canada though [well, except for some in a zoo but I think their absence would be noticed].

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Croc's Inc? I don't care, I'm not strapping a couple of those things to my feet. :)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Croc's Inc? I don't care, I'm not strapping a couple of those things to my feet. :)

But think of all the attention you'll get! They also come in winterized versions ... with some nice fuzzy fake furry stuff lining them :-)

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

But think of all the attention you'll get! They also come in winterized versions ... with some nice fuzzy fake furry stuff lining them :-)

LOL! All you have to do is go to any caravan camping site in Sweden during the summer. Standard camping uniform is:
    - Foppatofflor (crocs)
    - baby green or marine blue training pants
    - a worn too small tshirt
    - A beer in one hand
    - A black burnt hotdog in the other

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

And when those Swedish tourists comes to Norway, they end up working as maids and bartenders. Not saying it's bad! Many of them are good looking.

On topic. When I saw Crocs the first time, I thought somebody was pulling my leg.

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 2012

And when those Swedish tourists comes to Norway, they end up working as maids and bartenders. Not saying it's bad! Many of them are good looking.

Lol, nope, not the caravan campers, you must be talking about others. Ever seen the reality show about "life on a caravan camping"? I've only seen the trailers and that's enough for a lifetime.

Post edited by Totte on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Really? Where? I got some of those (boot-cut) for Christmas a few years ago, they're wearing out, and I'd love a new pair -- but I can't find any! :shut:

Re the product: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Thanks Blondie9999!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

Really? Where? I got some of those (boot-cut) for Christmas a few years ago, they're wearing out, and I'd love a new pair -- but I can't find any! :shut:

Re the product: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Thanks Blondie9999!

Well I saw some last winter in a few kiosks and stores in the general malls ... this winter, well it's been more like summer. We've seen a very little bit of the white stuff which disappears as the wet stuff comes down and freezes into hard stuff [notice that there are certain words that are not to be mentioned] so the stores which would normally be flogging them haven't been. I'd suggest trying the 'teenager' stores which tend to have lots of colourful things in them. [blinding at times but anyway]