Problem with Shopping Cart

timnaastimnaas Posts: 118
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello!
I was hoping someone could help me out! I tried to add the Robot arm By Stonemason to my shopping cart! A box popped up with a warning"The maximum quantity allowed for purchase is 1." This is the first time I tried to get it! There is nothing in my shopping cart! Nothing listed on my account! How can I have more than one of said item when it doesn't appear in my cart in the first place!!!!!! I'm signed in, Ive signed out, then back in and get the same! Nothing but the warning!!!!!!

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

It's a known bug. Check your cart a few times and occasionally it will "refresh" with the correct quantities already in the cart. Daz's store has been having a few issues like this over the course of my abundant spending lately but they don't tend to persist too long.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Empty Cart, sign out, clear internet cache, reboot computer sign in again and load cart

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

(1) Login
    (2) Add random item to cart
    (3) Remove random item from cart
    (4) Cart is now "updated"

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

And the prize goes to Totte for the best answer. :coolsmirk:

Seriously, this problem arises because you put an item into your cart without being properly logged in to the store, which is a separate log in to the forum one. Although you log in to both when you first log in for a session, the store log in will time out.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • timnaastimnaas Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

Thanks to Totte and chohole. it worked!

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Totte's answer is what I've been doing each time it happens.

BTW we haven't really needed to constantly restart our pc's for years. If I restart mine it's only because I have windows updates to install (or virus checker version)---about once a month is fine. Really. (except for summer and only 'cause I turn it off during t-storms)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I was just repeating what advice has been given in the past by others here...now I stand corrected.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    And the prize goes to Totte for the best answer. :coolsmirk:

Where is my cookie?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Cookie monster eated it.

Cookie_Monster.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 462K
    edited December 1969

OK, I rendered my own in FilterForge then....

cookie.jpg
    600 x 600 - 72K
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I was just repeating what advice has been given in the past by others here...now I stand corrected.

Sorry, I came off a bit strong. It's just everyday conventional wisdom we swim in that's a bit off.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Totte's answer is what I've been doing each time it happens.

BTW we haven't really needed to constantly restart our pc's for years. If I restart mine it's only because I have windows updates to install (or virus checker version)---about once a month is fine. Really. (except for summer and only 'cause I turn it off during t-storms)

I hate restarting mine because one of my 2 tb drives has some bad spots on it and it wants to do a check disc which takes over 12 hours (it may have been 16 or more, I don't remember), so I have to hit escape as soon as check disc starts and it only gives you a few seconds. I ran it one time and it still didn't fix everything. I sure as hell don't want to do it again if the results are the same. I guess I need to get everything I can off of it and get another drive. There are only a couple of folders with just a few items in each that I can't access. The time it takes to transfer almost a tb of info. Not something I am looking forward to.