Black Is Beautiful II

Comments

• maatausetmaatauset Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

SSAfam1 said:
    Auset said:
    I'm loving all the renders. I want to play, too.

Here's my contribution: Lady of the Two Lands.

Absolutely STUNNING!

Thank you so much.

• LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
    edited December 2012

I found some great hair called Frizzed head by AprilYSH. The colors don't look that great and I couldn't tell if the "purple" color is actually "black" but I think this product would work for this thread as well.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/frizzed-head

Here's one more. Not sure if these are already in the thread.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/modacuts-atoe

Post edited by LJWM on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,810
    edited December 1969

LJWM said:
    Here's one more. Not sure if these are already in the thread.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/modacuts-atoe

Be aware that Moda Cuts are dynamic hair for Carrara only -- though maybe Poser users can work with it. Not Studio, alas.

edited December 1969

Opps, that's right. I meant to indicate that, Thanks

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 2012
    Post edited by anikad on
  • ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Sorry for the delay but updated the first page with hair, characters, and props/scenery. fabiana's Swilly be added whenever she goes from preview to regular sale. Let me know if you see anything missing.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I"m lusting after Swilly.... the textures look like they're multi-racial... I don't have the girl, so... hmmm... should I?

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/194667/
    http://shop.aprilsvanity.com/-free-items/ciri-hair/prod_133.html

New hair in Daz's holiday giveaways. Not putting it on the front page since I'm not sure how long it'll be available.

Ciri_Hair.jpg
    800 x 800 - 140K
    edited December 1969

New character Maxi over at Rendorosity currently having a 50% off debut price.

edited December 1969

Here's a render I did for fun. I wish there was more light on her face but I do like it. I hope you all do too.

For_Fun_Render_Final_Daz.jpg
    1279 x 923 - 918K
    edited December 1969

Having her face shadowed probably helps the mood. At the same time, you could potentially add a point light near her face.

edited December 2012

Hey my friend Zam,
    I hope you know I added this render just to get a chance to speak with you again. LOL. There are linear point lights at her breasts, and both her hands but I thought I could have raised the LPL closer to her face just to highlight the eyes. But I love the mood because she's getting ready to light someone's fire, pardon the pun.

I just saw a commerical with sparks and flash and I'm going to do a new render to see if I can make that part of the render better.
    It is great to hear from you.

Post edited by LJWM on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,810
    edited December 2012

Savannah for V4.2 on sale for half price today only, with the rest of Mariny's store

EDIT: If you were thinking about trying it, her head and face don't come across with GenX.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

Anyone here use the Warm'NSoul lights yet? I'm assuming they would need to be in the Resources and Other section along with some other things.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Used the Candace texture again. I was going to use Paul Hair on her, but something went wonky and since I did this for a contest I didn't have time to trouble-shoot -- having a hair-version of the texture included in the product was a really helpful fallback. DS4.5Pro render, prework & postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Warning in the Mirror

BlackAlice-WarningInTheMirror-x2000.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1003K
  • SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,505
    edited December 1969

Posted this on my dA page yesterday, my character Smacky and her family. Elite Marie, Beautiful Black Hairstyles, lots and lots of DAZ stuff as usual. :)

slayers_are_goJPG.jpg
    1500 x 555 - 371K
    edited December 1969

I need a little more practice with point lights. This picture is decent but not quite what I want since the lighting is off.

Explore.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 498K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited January 2013

I was experimenting with mixing Young Teen Julie with Candace for S5, and she turned out so well that I decided to make a couple of friends for her, too. All three use Julie at half-strength.

Left: Julie and Candace for S5, Candace skin, Paul Hair, Kenzi Outfit
    Center: Julie, V5, Keira, Benjamin, and Ethnicity; Chablis skin, Wild Dreads hair, Mall Girl
    Right: Julie V5, Addison, and Ethnicity; Elite Marie skin; Pure Hair Bubblegum; Summer Dress

The Wild Dreads hair is one of those products whose Poser mats don't load perfectly in DS. I had to apply the bump and displacement maps manually, and set appropriate levels for them. I think it turned out rather well. Paul Hair took forever to render, but I think the results are stunning. This render uses a lighting preset from Zahir's Palace (that's the set, also), and it's basic, non-Uber lights only I rendered it using UE2 also, but I think I prefer this one. No postwork.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention: SnowSultan, I think that's my favorite Smacky image yet! Great job! :)

haircomp2h.jpg
    800 x 1035 - 664K
    Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Just got RawArt's Adham in the 40%-off sale. DS4.5Pro render, prework & postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Straight Shooters

BizonStraightShooters-x2000.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 2M
    edited August 2013

Bit of a resource post: thanks to the previous render somebody asked me what I thought of the detail of Adham's palms and feet, so I wound up test-rendering my five darkest Genesis skin-textures from DAZ: Raw VooDoo, Adham, TyreseM5, Candace, and Benjamin. These were done in DS4.5Pro using an array of distance lights, one on deep shadow map. I always used the default eyes and the plain texture (not the Human Skin Surface or the Sub-surface Scattering ones, although I did do the hair options on most) and this was just the textures, not the morphs. No postwork other than typing the names on.

RawVoodooTest01.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 336K
    AdhamTest01.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 335K
    TyreseTest01.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 400K
    CandaceTest01.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 408K
    BenjaminTest01.jpg
    1250 x 1000 - 392K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, that's actually quite useful. Wish more promos would show the palms and soles of characters.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I am working on a new character render and I would like to know how old would you say this character is.

Cyrus.jpg
    1280 x 1810 - 232K
  • MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited December 1969

He looks young adult-ish. I would give him between 18 - 21.

-MJ

edited December 1969

Awesome so I am on the right track

He is pretty much good to go so now I have to make another one a few years younger

Does anyone have any tips?

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,744
    edited January 2013

Awesome so I am on the right track

He is pretty much good to go so now I have to make another one a few years younger

Does anyone have any tips?

less muscle.
    Keep him "toned" but more lean and lanky. and soften up the chiseled facial features.
    Rawn

Post edited by RawArt on
    edited December 1969

Awesome Rawart, thanks

edited December 1969

Anyone know of anything recently released in the past month or so that the list is missing? I keep thinking I'm forgetting something.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

This is Freak 5 and the Derek character, done using the new light set By Candlelight

Derek-1.jpg
    1060 x 1500 - 420K
    edited December 1969

Actually, I had the feeling I was missing something that's been out for a while but I could just be feeling off. Went ahead and added it along with a freebie I discovered. Nice image, BTW.