Whatever happened to the warhammer space marine for poser?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Been seeing alot of add-ons for it over renderosity and recent images using it..but i can't actually find it myself?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

I think it was a freebie - if you look in the general Freepozitory on the old site ( forumarchive.daz3d.com ) there was a long thread on Warhammer stuff.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I'm pretty sure that they call it something else (with hint-hint nudge nudge name), because Games Workshop is REALLY good at sending Cease and Desist.

• jch_212b05a497jch_212b05a497 Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

We still have tons of Warhammer freebies at Vanishing Point, though I don't know if these are the models that work with the add-ons at Renderosity.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 1969

This is Obiwan's model that some of the freebies use.

http://phantom9856.tripod.com/wh/warhammer.html

• ChromaDrakeChromaDrake Posts: 288
    edited September 2012

I was just looking for some space marine props! Thanks for asking and many thanks to everyone who responded! I forgot about Vanishing Point and Obiwan's stuff :)

There is also 3D Heretics which has Warhammer props and models.

http://3dheretics.infinitedreamers.co.uk/forum/index.php
    http://3dheretics.infinitedreamers.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=31

Post edited by ChromaDrake on
  • RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Sorry to Necro but I thought I'd post here. It appears 3d Heretics is gone. I don't know if it is because of GW or what but they no longer exist. Quite a depressing development.

• edited December 1969

I have a lot of the stuff from the 3d Heretics site posted on my Renderosity freebies. [Sorry to DAZ Admin for suggesting another site...] If you go onto Renderosity and check out 'Flash178' freebies, I posted them there after the storage site went down. We did/do have postings here on Daz Forums and this was where 3D Heretics started. I will try and find the original threads and post a link here. Any other help I can be, just drop me a line and I will try my best.

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,538
    edited December 1969

flash178 said:
    [Sorry to DAZ Admin for suggesting another site...]

If its something that doesn't compete directly, they usually don't care. If it violates the TOS they WILL delete a link.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

flash178 said:
    I have a lot of the stuff from the 3d Heretics site posted on my Renderosity freebies. [Sorry to DAZ Admin for suggesting another site...] If you go onto Renderosity and check out 'Flash178' freebies, I posted them there after the storage site went down. We did/do have postings here on Daz Forums and this was where 3D Heretics started. I will try and find the original threads and post a link here. Any other help I can be, just drop me a line and I will try my best.

If you post a link to your Renderosity Freebie page it will be easier for people to find them, as Rend don't make it too easy for people to find a freebie artist by name.

We have no problems with people posting links to freebies, the freepository is full of them. :-)
  • edited December 1969

Cheers Chohole, link below.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/member.php

Couple of sites I post on are fussy about direct links due to spamming.
    I try and keep them to a point in the right direction where possable to keep the load off the admin staff... Yeah, I was a spam buster on 3d Heretics...... probably why they went down......or so the front page states ;) The place will be missed.

• IDontWantAGalleryIDontWantAGallery Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

I really hate to necro this, but rather a thread that is about it then trying to highjack one that is not: I'm trying to find someplace that I can download Obiwan's newer version of the Space Marine and Sister of Battle for M4 and V4 respectively. Anyone know anyplace you can still get those?

• scathascatha Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

V4 sororitas wasn't by Obiwan, to my knowledge.

The ORC should be able to tell you more, right flash? ;)

• edited December 1969

Hi Scatha, How you keeping mate? I am still in a bit of a hole at the moment. No real computer access as mine are all down... Including my sluggish laptop. Really should take a computer course...... Work tactics of kicking them hard when they crash do not work well. The Renderosity link should have a fair bit still there but I have no way of uploading anything else yet as previously stated, no computer. I will see if there is anything I can rectify and post back soon Green Baron.:-)

• edited January 2015

Right, the link takes you to my free stuff. It seems that it is my account logon so I will list you through it.
    1/ Go to Renderosity and log on.
    2/ Search "freestuff most wanted " for Flash178.
    3/ Click on Flash178 free stuff link and it will take you to my page.

There is a lot of re-posted stuff there from our 3D Heretic days with kind permission from the original artists. I think I put the kit you are looking for amongst the 1st, 2nd or 3rd Space Marine packs. It's been a while and my mind is getting a bit rusty..."Edd butted one to meni beeky space marines in da Waaagh!"

Post edited by p_pratt1_3d383f6128 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2015

like this Flash178

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Been going up and down, mate. Govt finally declared me disabled after a long struggle and still smoothing out the odd bob left and right to get what I am entitled to.

Have had computer issues myself, my new one finally got delivered two days ago, but have to reinstall a lot of stuff, etc. That may have to hold for a bit, as I am trying to help a dear friend with the death of her mother. (her last remaining parent)

So it's a bit hectic.

• IDontWantAGalleryIDontWantAGallery Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Ok, still not seeing the SoBs anywhere in these.

edited January 2015

The Sororitas (sob's) were a collaboration from the original by Torsis, refitted by Obiwan for V4.

To my knowledge, Torsis was in the process of making an Eldar outfit complete with attachments for the various battle troops as well, such as the harlequins, banshees, etc.

These cannot even be found on the waybackmachine any more and only the original artists can help us here.
    I'm not sure if I still have their contact details, but Flash may have saved more then I could. I had to replace my entire comp when the cooler broke off from the mainboard during a nightly render... fried processor, broken mainboard, etc...

Post edited by scatha on
  • Hey guys, anyone ever find that Sister of Battle armor? I know this thread is ancient, but I really, REALLY could use the content from Torsis and Obiwan. There aren't any good Sororitas armor models available anywhere that I could adapt to Daz, and I've spent hours and hours scouring the internet for an alternative.

• KrzysztofaKrzysztofa Posts: 226
    edited June 2021

I haven't found anything like the SOB armor, but one could possibly kitbash it together? The Crusher Armor for G8M gives me Warhammer space marine vibes (especially if you put it on someone like Underbelly). Then maybe use the chest piece from Orlean Armor. I know its not ideal, but perhaps a starting point if you can't find the Torsis/obiwan stuff.

Post edited by Krzysztofa on
  • The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited June 2021

I've fit Crusher to G8F (here with Kayo 8).

I'm not sure about the backpacks (nuklular power plant or whatever it is on teh spesss mehreens), but I'm sure there are freebie 40K backpack thingies.

I think the stars on Crusher are displacement/bump mapped.
    To make Sororitas spessss mehreens, you'd have to fiddle with a fleur de lis symbol, of course.
    And also work in black and/or really really dark gray.

EDIT: The boob fleurs for the Adepta Sororitas? Those could also be done with displacement, but probably would be a pain in the butt (and/or boobs) to get them to look good on a wide range of boob sizes.

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • KrzysztofaKrzysztofa Posts: 226

I actually really like how the fit turned out on that. I bet with some gritty shaders it could get close to that grimness that warhammer is known for. I think im inspired to make knock-off 40k stuff now.

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

"On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you."

https://www.vanishingpoint.biz/freeitemdetail.asp?FreeItemID=1087

• Succulent FruitSucculent Fruit Posts: 102
    edited June 2021
    I wasn't really ok with using Orleans armor to recreate the Sorority's armor, it just didn't look right. I'm a huge 40k fan, and I wouldn't settle for less than an accurate armor set. I do have a solution tho, my friends. I'm working on a freebie I'll be releasing soon, it's a full suit of Sororitas armor that I'll be porting to Daz for you guys. It won't be a G8F wearable, but it will be rigged, so you can kitbash your G8F head into the armor, and have a fully functional sister of battle for your renders! It will be a fully detailed set of armor, with accessories such as loincloth and everything, and it will have fully built Iray shaders.
    Post edited by Succulent Fruit on