Exporting M5 with Genitalia cause problems

AAKLebAAKLeb Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have M5 with Genitalia, and I want to export it as FBX to maya. The problem is if M5 is posed with any pose exept the default standing pose, when exported, it seem that the genitalia appear twice: once as a part of the Main Body mesh, and once as separated mesh with joints... what is happening ? It seem that if I does not cause the genitalia to fit M5, it will exported once, as a mesh with joints, but it will not appear correclty when rendered in maya...

Comments

• AAKLebAAKLeb Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am using the 4.0.3.47 version of daz studio...

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Apparently this is a problem with exporting objects with geografted mesh like M5's bits. There was a mention of this in the old forums just before the shutdown for the big changeover, but I can't remember whether or not this was supposed to be fixed in the D|S4.5 RC. Anyone else remember?

edited December 1969

what you mean by "geografted mesh" ? This is the first time that I hear this word !

edited December 1969

It's a new feature in Genesis and all the related characters. Instead of having add-ons like the V5 and M5 anatomy and bits and pieces for various fantasy critters as a conforming figure, these new parts now replace and merge into the Genesis mesh. Except it doesn't seem to work quite right if you want to export the figure, as you've discovered you end up with duplicates of the add-on bits. Hopefully it will be fixed properly for D|S 4.5 when it comes out in the final release.

edited December 1969

thanks for your reply, it was very helpful...

edited December 1969

I have downloaded DazStudio 4.5 RC and guess what : it is worst , the first genitalia is considered as part of the genesis mesh (as in the preview version), and the second genitalia mesh is not exported at all. only the bones are exported. I guess ishould reskin the genesis again in maya ?

edited December 1969

Can't help you there, I'm afraid, I don't do exporting out of D|S. And I didn't buy the V5 or M5 pro bundles, so I don't have their anatomy bits anyway.

Hmm... maybe there's still time to report this in the bug tracker to see if it could get fixed for the final release of D|S4.5 ...?

edited December 1969

yes why not, but where it is the bug tracker link ? It seem this days that the daz website is full of bugs, I can't reach anything, even my account, I can't open it normaly...

edited December 1969

however, I have found that if I make the genitalia "Fit To" genesis, it will not be exported and it is considered as part of the genesis mesh. but even If you set it back to "not Fit", it will not be exported :( however, I can export M5 without genitalia, and export the genitalia itself, but this time, I have problem to fit genitalia with M5 in maya, not 100% perfect...

edited December 1969

AAKLeb said:
    but where it is the bug tracker link ?

Took a bit of finding, but here it is — https://bugs.daz3d.com/ — remember, it's a separate login to the store and forums, so if you haven't used it before you will have to register.
    edited December 1969

I have found that exporting to Collada (dae) work as a charm ! everything is Ok, the genitalia will be a part of the mesh but skinned correctly to it's bones...

edited December 1969

SpottedKitty, thanks a lot, you are very handy...

• flame3Dflame3D Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

AAKLeb said:
    I have M5 with Genitalia, and I want to export it as FBX to maya. The problem is if M5 is posed with any pose exept the default standing pose, when exported, it seem that the genitalia appear twice: once as a part of the Main Body mesh, and once as separated mesh with joints... what is happening ? It seem that if I does not cause the genitalia to fit M5, it will exported once, as a mesh with joints, but it will not appear correclty when rendered in maya...

If I could butt in, just to ask...where did you aquire M5 Genitalia??

edited December 1969

From Daz Site...

edited June 2012

AAKLeb said:
    From Daz Site...

Err...........Thanks!?

I purchased M5 starter bundle; but it isn't with that.......could you be more specific please? I put it into 'DAZ search', and can get a lot of options...and all nothing to do with genitalia??

Thanks.

Post edited by flame3D on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It's in the M5 Pro Bundle.

edited December 1969

It's in the M5 Pro Bundle.

O.K...that explains why I can't find it!

Thanks