Problems with ART Dungeon

TomViolaTomViola Posts: 103

I purchased the Dungeon Bundle. The two other items loaded fine, but the Dungeon itself refuses to unpack. I have deleted and re-loaded twice. It is a large file, so it takes a long time to download. But it finally does download. The problem is when I go to install it. It seems to stop most often at the "Moonlight" which I would estimate to be about 12 percent along the progress line.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The Vendor has a thread here, and pulls in to it regularly when on line, so you may be better saking there http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13312/

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Hi sorry to hear you are having problems installing I have just done a test on the copy of the instiller I have and it runs correctly

it does slow down on a few files but not any of the one ones with the name you mention.

the size of my installer is 284MB

and I am sorry to say all I can suggest if it still does not work it to download it again I know it's a big file but that's the best suggestion I have at the moment

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,678
    edited December 1969

Make sure you clear your browser's cache before trying a fresh download.

• TomViolaTomViola Posts: 103
    edited December 1969

I cleared the cache... and I still get the same problems. At several points along the installation I get a pop-up directing me to Abort, Retry or Ignore. RETRY does nothing. So I am left with IGNORE. When finished another pop-up says that installation was not completed properly.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

Absolutely no help to you I know, but I only had issues getting the download to complete (I think I had 7 tries in all) but once I got the file it installed without problem. Faulty/corrupt downloads tend to evidence themselves (to me at least) by not not getting beyond the point of WIndows 7 asking me if I want to run the program. Once I get that I am usually pretty certain the file is all present and correct.

edited December 1969

Having struggled to download on my less than optimal broadband (only 3 hours to download) I installed it with no problems.

I chose custom installation and chose my own path, because I use Poser and keep my content on an external drive.

Which program are you trying to install to, DS or Poser.

edited December 1969

I am using DS 3.1.2.32 on a Windows 7 laptop

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,329
    edited December 1969

Where are you downloading the content to? What's the file path?

edited December 1969

Where exactly are you pointing the installer? Have you tried creating a new, empty, folder and installing to that - just to see if the installer completes.

edited December 1969

I have been posting to an external hard drive. But, after a few tries, I switched to the main Harddrive (C:)... same results.

edited December 2012

Are you install to My Documents or some other location outside the Programs folder? Do you happen to have antivirus scanning the installer? It could be stopping it. There are one files in two of the packs with the same map it may be stopping you from overwriting it. What is the file size of the install so we can see if its a complete installer

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Hard to answer how big the file is... it generally get up to 284, but I have to hit IGNORE several time befoire then... and it never installs correctly. I

edited December 1969

I am installing to the G: drive... an external harddrive.

edited December 1969

If you have tried downloading it several times, have you made sure that you completely cleared your browser cache before you attempted a new download. Any corrupted files will stay in the cache and will affect any futrue downloads, as the browser will take the cached files as being the true ones.

So close your browser, delete any download attempts that have not worked, then clear your cache.

Mybe even reboot you computer after that, to make sure that everything has been removed before you attempt another download.

edited December 1969

Did that. Cleared my cache after a few attempts.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

TomViola said:
    Hard to answer how big the file is... it generally get up to 284, but I have to hit IGNORE several time befoire then... and it never installs correctly. I

Now I am getting confused ... that sounds like you are having to select Ignore (presumably from a Retry, Abort, Ignore prompt?) during the actual download?
    Here are the file sizes quoted by my Win 7 system

Dungeon_filesize.jpg
    377 x 515 - 37K
    edited December 1969

What anti virus are you using

edited December 1969

I have Comcast as my provider. With them I get Norton anti-virus.

edited December 1969

Try shutting of Norton and try reinstall the Dungeon. Norton doesn't like some DAZ installer

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

I also offered some other solutions in our thread (I see hubby was in trying to help while I was afk) worse comes to worse, I can send you a zip of the pack if that may be easier to deal with. Not sure why the installer is hanging on you...but one way or another we will get you up and going. So sorry for any inconvenience while we try to help sort this out :(

edited December 2012

I would like to try the Zip and hope I have better luck with it.

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 2012

Don't put your e-mail address on a public forum unless you want to get spammed

Best to send Ann a PM with your address

Though you havn't answered many of the questions asked of you? Did you try all the suggested things to try?

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

Have you actually downloaded the installer, or are you running it from the website? As SimonJM notes, getting the size of a downloaded file is simple and having t locally allows you to retry without burning up your bandwidth.

edited December 1969

TomViola said:
    I would like to try the Zip

Sent...let me know if you got it ok :)

edited December 1969

PS I removed your email addy from your post now :)