Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to morph/stretch arms/legs/limbs aka Mr. Fantastic in action?

Thanks.

Some of the figures have built-in "Stretch Arms" and "Stretch Legs" morphs; they're meant for just normal human height variations but you can blow out the values and get them really long. It's not quite as fluid as Mr. Fantastic's stretching usually is, and it'll only have the normal human joints, but if it's going behind an object it's an easy way to fake it.

Other than that, I haven't tried it, but it's something I've thought about a bit. This might work, depending on your skill with Photoshop (or equivalent graphics software). Position your Mr. Fantastic character, and hide the lower part of his arm. Load another copy of him, position it where you want his lower arm and hand, hiding all but those parts. Render, and fill out the gap in Photoshop.

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 2012

Geminii23 said:
    Does anyone know if it is possible to morph/stretch arms/legs/limbs aka Mr. Fantastic in action?

Thanks.

Some of the figures have built-in "Stretch Arms" and "Stretch Legs" morphs; they're meant for just normal human height variations but you can blow out the values and get them really long. It's not quite as fluid as Mr. Fantastic's stretching usually is, and it'll only have the normal human joints, but if it's going behind an object it's an easy way to fake it.

Other than that, I haven't tried it, but it's something I've thought about a bit. This might work, depending on your skill with Photoshop (or equivalent graphics software). Position your Mr. Fantastic character, and hide the lower part of his arm. Load another copy of him, position it where you want his lower arm and hand, hiding all but those parts. Render, and fill out the gap in Photoshop.

Do you have any more info on Stretch Arms and how I can get extreme values for them?

I am currently working on a new 3D version of an older airbrush painting I did that requires four snake-like arms. Here is my original airbrush painting so you can see what I am trying to achieve in DAZ.

Down_the_Toilet.jpg
    1257 x 1741 - 2M
    Post edited by Geminii23 on
  • MorganRLewisMorganRLewis Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:
    Geminii23 said:

Thanks.

Do you have any more info on Stretch Arms and how I can get extreme values for them?

They're usually found on the figure when it loads; Michael 3 and David 3, for example, load with them. You can enter any value you like (although it may cause strange effects on conforming clothing as it gets larger).

Michael 4 has similar attributes under MorphForms with different names -- LegSize, PalmSize, etc. They have a limit of 1, but you can edit the property settings (at least in DazStudio) to turn off limits. You can also select the limb in question, choose "Show Hidden Properties" (again in DazStudio) and alter the size there -- such as lengthening M4's forearm by increasing the X-scale. I just did a little testing, and this seems to work reasonably well with conforming clothing.

With Genesis, it's pretty much the same deal as Michael 4. Look for the morphs under different bodyparts -- Neck Length, Arms Length, etc. -- and edit the property settings to turn off limits. Show Hidden Properties and select a part to alter its scale individually.

You'll probably have to do some tweaking here and there and some postwork to clean up any poke-through that results or other oddities, but it's a starting point.

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    Green Lantern - based on the tyler figure...all the clothes are handpainted - the ring too

SUPERB!

Isikol, You are still the standard as far as I'm concerned.

I hope you stopped the pirates from stealing your work!

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

nekollx said:
    I'm partial to the version in the new show where it has a blade built in, it just adds somethingto mikey having a useful weapon

That's actually a traditional Japanese weapon known as a [ur;=http://images.wikia.com/tmnt/images/2/25/2190900-kusarigama.jpg]Kusari-Gama, although the skill mastery is fundamentally the same as for nunchaku and other eastern chain weapons (like the Manriki-Gusari).

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,731
    edited December 1969

Message from Batman

batsanta.jpg
    879 x 878 - 298K
  • Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Hey JoeQuick... Your store is not up on Renderosity. I put something in cart Wednesday and was going to buy it today. It was gone and so was your store.

Yeah, I might try to get some of those products over here to Daz, but for the most part they were at Renderosity because they were Renderosity caliber products.

That in mind, I'd be happy to sell you any of my former Renderosity products for half of what they listed for there. The only exception being the items that had previously been listed for $5. Those are still $5 (as a matter of personal dignity, I just can't bring myself to make their official list price $2.50).

Just send me an email or a pm here at daz, I'll send you a bill through paypal, and upon completion of payment, I'll make your files available for you via dropbox.

Any of my products that contained textures or materials did not include the equivalent presets for daz studio and would require you to take the texture maps and adjust the material settings on your own. So, before making any purchases, I would encourage you to do a google search for joequick and the title of the product. This should bring you to the discontinued product page for that item. I would look over it one last time.

What happened? Where'd your items go? There were still a few I would have been interested in getting...

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    edited December 1969

RawArt said:
    Message from Batman

LOL, too funny!

One I was playing around with earlier. Both genesis.

powergirl.jpg
    1171 x 903 - 1M
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 2012

SmallFry said:
    Joequick said:
    Hey JoeQuick... Your store is not up on Renderosity. I put something in cart Wednesday and was going to buy it today. It was gone and so was your store.

Yeah, I might try to get some of those products over here to Daz, but for the most part they were at Renderosity because they were Renderosity caliber products.

That in mind, I'd be happy to sell you any of my former Renderosity products for half of what they listed for there. The only exception being the items that had previously been listed for $5. Those are still $5 (as a matter of personal dignity, I just can't bring myself to make their official list price $2.50).

Just send me an email or a pm here at daz, I'll send you a bill through paypal, and upon completion of payment, I'll make your files available for you via dropbox.

Any of my products that contained textures or materials did not include the equivalent presets for daz studio and would require you to take the texture maps and adjust the material settings on your own. So, before making any purchases, I would encourage you to do a google search for joequick and the title of the product. This should bring you to the discontinued product page for that item. I would look over it one last time.

What happened? Where'd your items go? There were still a few I would have been interested in getting...

Any inquiries about renderosity's rationale should be directed towards StaceyG. Otherwise, I'm telling you how you can purchase my items.

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I actually had some words with said person,

Joe what are the chances of you finishing the Fly Boy Set now?

Still have the Jacket and its still awesome!

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    SmallFry said:
    Joequick said:

Any inquiries about renderosity's rationale should be directed towards StaceyG. Otherwise, I'm telling you how you can purchase my items.

Fair enough!

So... is there any way to see what possible items we could purchase from you now? I hadn't had a chance to visit your store in a while, so I'm a bit fuzzy as to what the most recent release was. I recall the M3 facial morph pack (which ought to work well with Genesis and GenX now, shouldn't it?) and a female morph pack or two. And some fantasy creature morphs too...

edited December 2012

SmallFry said:

So... is there any way to see what possible items we could purchase from you now? I hadn't had a chance to visit your store in a while, so I'm a bit fuzzy as to what the most recent release was. I recall the M3 facial morph pack (which ought to work well with Genesis and GenX now, shouldn't it?) and a female morph pack or two. And some fantasy creature morphs too...

M4, V4 and K4 Duckies (M4 other beaks, K4 other beaks)

There were the m4/v4 headmorphs, Extraordinary Men and Extraordinary Girls

Faces of Fantasy

Brutes, Bruisers, Thugs and Tough Guys

The K4 Alien Force, Overbrain, Alienforce M4, and AlienForce Epic Heroes and Villains

Golden Age

M4 and V4 Trench Coats

Cyber Arms and Full Metal Bodysuit

M4V4 Starter Meshes and Genesis Starter Meshes

There was also an older pack of v4 headmorphs that I'll throw in with any purchases of ExtraordinaryGirls and K4 basesuits that I'll throw in with 4evrGen4

Post edited by JoeQuick on
  • crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Seasonally correct X-Men rendering:

BobbyDrakeF.jpg
    800 x 600 - 167K
  • Wiccancowboy2000Wiccancowboy2000 Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Darn, I was very interested in getting the M4 Trenchcoat, Joequick. Any chance you'll be bringing that over to Daz? I'd buy it from you through PayPal, but I don't use PayPal at all, I've been hacked one too many times.

• ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

quietrob said:
    Isikol said:
    Green Lantern - based on the tyler figure...all the clothes are handpainted - the ring too

SUPERB!

Isikol, You are still the standard as far as I'm concerned.

I hope you stopped the pirates from stealing your work!

thank you...well, yes for now but im not very optimistic, that it wont happen again :)

some new

daz3.jpg
    900 x 593 - 382K
    daz2.jpg
    900 x 617 - 305K
    daz1.jpg
    900 x 539 - 261K
  • tonymousetonymouse Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

do you think you are still going to release the Golden age part two you were workng on??

Joequick said:
    SmallFry said:

M4, V4 and K4 Duckies (M4 other beaks, K4 other beaks)

There were the m4/v4 headmorphs, Extraordinary Men and Extraordinary Girls

Faces of Fantasy

Brutes, Bruisers, Thugs and Tough Guys

The K4 Alien Force, Overbrain, Alienforce M4, and AlienForce Epic Heroes and Villains

Golden Age

M4 and V4 Trench Coats

Cyber Arms and Full Metal Bodysuit

M4V4 Starter Meshes and Genesis Starter Meshes

There was also an older pack of v4 headmorphs that I'll throw in with any purchases of ExtraordinaryGirls and K4 basesuits that I'll throw in with 4evrGen4

edited December 1969

tonymouse said:
    do you think you are still going to release the Golden age part two you were workng on?

Darn, I was very interested in getting the M4 Trenchcoat, Joequick. Any chance you'll be bringing that over to Daz? I'd buy it from you through PayPal, but I don't use PayPal at all, I've been hacked one too many times.

No, Sorry. From this point forward I'm just focused on new product.

• ArchWorksArchWorks Posts: 43
    edited December 2012

It's been weeks since I haven't rendered and now I just finally finished one :D

superman_done.jpg
    1700 x 1707 - 1M
    Post edited by ArchWorks on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 1969

my own version of Wonder Girl (Cassie)

WonderGirl.jpg
    772 x 1000 - 357K
  • lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    tonymouse said:
    do you think you are still going to release the Golden age part two you were workng on?

Speaking of your products, whatever became of those amazing ninja turtles you were working on?

They're up on his ShareCG page.

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    tonymouse said:

Speaking of your products, whatever became of those amazing ninja turtles you were working on?

Oh, and what exactly is your new project? I haven't seen you post any of those nifty previews :)

(Btw, great work guys on all the latest renders. Love coming back to such amazing artwork after being away ^_^)

There's a link to my tumblr page in my sig. Lots of images there.

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Arch_Clan said:

It's been weeks since I haven't rendered and now I just finally finished one :D

I absolutely ADORE Superman. That's an awesome picture of the legend in his DC reboot outfit!

I wish there was an easy way to get a good Superman out of Genesis. I've been playing around with the Genesis Supersuit, but just can't seem to bend it to my will yet. Certainly not well enough to reconstruct the man (or woman) of steel. If you've nailed it, answers on a postcard folks! I'm all ears.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

ok well maybe not a hero

superspy.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 424K
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Joequick said:
    tonymouse said:

Oh, and what exactly is your new project? I haven't seen you post any of those nifty previews :)

(Btw, great work guys on all the latest renders. Love coming back to such amazing artwork after being away ^_^)

There's a link to my tumblr page in my sig. Lots of images there.

Joe how about the fly boy set, I think that would have been an amazing product when completed

could even be great for genesis

Thank you for that by the way

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

Northstar concept...

NorthstarM4_01B.jpg
    1358 x 1900 - 1015K
    edited December 1969

Anyone know of a really good cape for m4.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

Anyone know of a really good cape for m4.

Batcape is available at http://www.realmofsavage.com/ProjectBatman.htm for M4

edited December 1969

I have that one but had actually forgotten about it., Thanks.

I was looking for one a little more dramatic

• QuietrobQuietrob Posts: 361
    edited January 2013

My thanks to Isikol.

We learn by watching.

We learn by doing.

Post edited by Quietrob on
    edited December 1969

Has anyone seen or heard any word on the Darkseid character, I can't remember who was doing it.

This discussion has been closed.