Genesis Mime Make-up

RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
edited December 2012 in The Commons

I actually briefly mentioned this recently in another topic in Product Suggestions for a Genesis Full Face Mask, but I figured I might as well ask about it specifically in it's own discussion here where more people will see it and hopefully direct me to one that may already exist for Gen 4 or something.

Anyway, I'm really looking for a mime make-up face texture that I can use on Genesis. I am aware that the character Mark for K4 has a mime face material, but I can only get away with it on Genesis if I limit my character requiring it's application to a matching skin color outside of the painted frame of the face itself.

For example, below is a Dancing Mime Girl I did a while back and just revamped. The UV's are are convincingly one character, but in reality, the face is set to K4 for the Mark and the rest of her is actually Isa for A4.

Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited December 1969

So you really can use multiple UV maps across one figure? I'll have to try that some time.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

So you really can use multiple UV maps across one figure? I'll have to try that some time.

Absolutely. Every Surface Zone on Genesis can utilize different UVs.
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I assume that since you are asking for Genesis that you are using DS4,x...

So why do you need a set?

I came up with this in about 5 minutes, in GIMP. Give me 20 minutes and some good reference material and I can get several overlays...

Opened the face texture, added a transparent layer, painted on the layer and then exported it as a PNG...then in DS, used that png in conjunction with the Layered Image Editor. I set the opacity for the layer to about 85%.

mime.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 195K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

Absolutely. Every Surface Zone on Genesis can utilize different UVs.

The thing you can't do is use two different mappings on a single zone - to apply an overlay made for V4 on top of an M4 texture, for example.

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

What about Sad Clown Theo for M4? It has a face that seems mimish to me.

I actually briefly mentioned this recently in another topic in Product Suggestions for a Genesis Full Face Mask, but I figured I might as well ask about it specifically in it's own discussion here where more people will see it and hopefully direct me to one that may already exist for Gen 4 or something.

Anyway, I'm really looking for a mime make-up face texture that I can use on Genesis. I am aware that the character Mark for K4 has a mime face material, but I can only get away with it on Genesis if I limit my character requiring it's application to a matching skin color outside of the painted frame of the face itself.

For example, below is a Dancing Mime Girl I did a while back and just revamped. The UV's are are convincingly one character, but in reality, the face is set to K4 for the Mark and the rest of her is actually Isa for A4.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    I assume that since you are asking for Genesis that you are using DS4,x...

So why do you need a set?

I came up with this in about 5 minutes, in GIMP. Give me 20 minutes and some good reference material and I can get several overlays...

Opened the face texture, added a transparent layer, painted on the layer and then exported it as a PNG...then in DS, used that png in conjunction with the Layered Image Editor. I set the opacity for the layer to about 85%.

I was strongly considering something along the lines of that, but wasn't sure if it was properly doable without making it look weird. Usually when I make texture adjustments I use Paint.Net. I do recall trying GIMP before back when I was still in high school but it just confused me at the time. Though, I should probably give it another try seeing as how it seems to be the 3D artists common alternative to Photoshop. Seeing as how even Dreamlight has a few videos on it, I'll most likely have a better shot at it. :)

What about Sad Clown Theo for M4? It has a face that seems mimish to me.

Nah. What I'm looking for is more or less heavily inspired by the aesthetic style of Pierrot the French Clown, whom my little dancer is directly influenced from.
    210[1].jpg
    369 x 500 - 26K
    211_1[1].jpg
    426 x 500 - 29K
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Here's one I spent a little more time on...

And as a bonus...here's the png (it's only 1024x1024...it uses the 'sample Jeremy' preset as the basis...), it's an M4 UV...it will scale up to 2048, but probably not 4096. Used brushes by Obsidian Dawn, Steamed Pepsi Stock and onthinair...

mime2.png
    1024 x 1024 - 73K
    mime3.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 121K
    edited December 1969

A quick render using one Raw's V4 clown textures on a more Pierrot type character.

pierrot1.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 110K
    edited December 1969

Nice! :-D I actually want to say that costume IS Pierrot's. Where did you find that one?

edited December 2012

Okay, I figured I'd see what I could have done in Paint.NET and so going by a few suggestions some people have given me, I tried my hand at a self-customized template that I made for A3 & H3 skins.

There's nothing fancy on them yet, but I like the way I got the base down. Maybe after a little more experimenting around I'll see if I can make and distribute some unique designs for all three Generations. :)

A3_H3_Mime.jpg
    638 x 696 - 88K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

Thanks.
    The collar of the costume is from a set by witch didi called Fools Darling, its just parented to the neck; the tunic is from the K4 jester set availble at RDNA and the button is just a sphere with Furify applied.