Heads-up: URL to see new releases properly in the Daz store

Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Using the link to the New Releases category from the store Shop dropdown doesn't show the most recent items. Clicking to go to page 2 of the results shows a different number of items for that category, and clicking to go to page 1 of those results shows more of the most recent items but still not all. By random luck I happened on this URL after switching of sorting order and it seems to display things correctly (although the order of the items released yesterday tends to change randomly).

So until those issues are fixed, bookmark this: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases?dir=desc&order=activated&p=1

Comments

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 571
    edited December 1969

maybe you should apply to daz for a job and show them how to get things working. because its not getting any better, if anything its going the other way.

• namretteknamrettek Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Worked for me. Thanks!

got a secret link so that I can do searches?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

The trick is to find a page that isn't cached - there are various ways to do that, but anything that a lot of people try is likely to fail after a while as it gets cached.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

The trick is to find a page that isn't cached - there are various ways to do that, but anything that a lot of people try is likely to fail after a while as it gets cached.

That may or may not be the problem Richard, as I dump my browser cache every night when I log off, and I still see the problem with the New Releases Page 2 link the next day.

• RonSRonS Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

In Firefox, refreshing the page and clearing cache did not correct the problem - In Chrome the new items seem to show properly without any refresh. I only discovered this today, and this has been driving me crazy all week.

As a web developer for 15 years myself, I can only say that this is the WORST "professional" coding job that I have ever seen. I would flunk a High School student for delivering code this bad. And please spare me the "you don't know how difficult this is" lecture. I know exactly how difficult some things are and how easy most of it is.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Not your cache, the cache at the DAZ end. That's why multiple people asking for the same "this works" page may stop the page from working, as I understand the issue.

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited April 2014

Post edited by bad4u on
  • Fille123Fille123 Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

You're welcome... I don't have a fix for headaches but bad4u might! :D

Thanks bad4u! :-)