Back to Basics Tutorials Installing DS4 and more ?

MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Complete beginner to 3D so apologies in advance, but I'm trying to follow the "Back to Basics Tutorials Installing DS4 and more" (see link) but I'm unable to tell which file is which in an already downloaded Daz Studio 4 ? Any help much appreciated. Also how does one subscribe to the newsletter ? Thanks.

http://daz.tall-tales-racing.com/resources/tut/basics/B2B_Wn7_DS4_install.htm

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Hi:

I'm not exactly sure what your question is about the DAZ Studio files. If you've already downloaded the software, I'm assuming you downloaded a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version, so am I correct in assuming you want to know which of the two you should install?

If that's the case, it would depend on what your computer's operating system is. I'm not familiar with the different Mac OSes and which are 32-bit and which are 64-bit, but if you are on a PC and running Windows 7 on a fairly new computer, you are most likely on a 64-bit operating system. If you are on an older computer running Windows XP, then you could be running a 32-bit operating system, but you would have to check because I believe XP did come in 64-bit as well.

Once you determine which operating system you are using, then you should run the appropriate DAZ Studio installer.

OK, as far as the Newsletter subscription, you should log into your account dashboard, and about half-way down the list of links on the left you should see one that says Newsletter Subscription. If you click on that link the next page you see will have a checkbox next to General Subscription. Check that box and click the Save button and you will be automatically registered to receive the DAZ newsletters.

Hope that helps. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. :-)

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi and thank you for your reply,

Sorry about that ! I've downloaded three 32 bit .exe versions ok but haven't a clue looking at the list (see link) what does what and which one refers to the original link for the tutorial. Is there also an icon for Studio 4 that goes onto the desktop as well ?

Thanks.

List_of_files.JPG
    602 x 217 - 41K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio 4.0.3.47 is the main installer for DAZ Studio and most plugins
    GoZ is a bridge between DS4 and Zbrush. If you don't have Zbrush you don't need to install it.
    3DBridge is a bridge between DS4 and Photoshop.
    Darkside is an extra interface option for DS4, which is more like DS3 and more compact.

edited December 1969

Thanks !

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

You can find some documentation, tutorials etc here - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php :)

edited December 1969

Is there an icon for Studio 4 that goes onto the desktop as well ?

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Should be a desktop icon, yes.