Account for my son?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

My 11 year old son has expressed an interest in 3D modeling & rendering. DS4Pro & Hex are still free so I want to take advantage of that.
Do I need to create an account just for him? Right now his laptop is being repaired so I'd have to sign up from my PC until he gets his back. I won't get in trouble for having two accounts from 1 IP will I? I don't want any problems.
Thanks,
Lynn

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,655
    edited December 1969

DAZ does allow family members under the same roof to share content, but no it's OK to have more than one account in a household if desired. However, I'm not sure the system will accept an account for an eleven year old - I know the old forums were set not to allow people under 13 to post.

• edited December 1969

DAZ does allow family members under the same roof to share content, but no it's OK to have more than one account in a household if desired. However, I'm not sure the system will accept an account for an eleven year old - I know the old forums were set not to allow people under 13 to post.

They do? I didn't know that we could share content. I thought that was a complete no-no. I've years of content on my HD but I'd like him to have his own serial numbers for programs so I will set him up his own account for purchases.
    If he has any issues (until he's 13) I can post forum messages for him if I can't help.
    Thanks SO much, Richard.
    Lynn
  • SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

I can understand the age restriction on the forums. We get a bit cheeky at times :)

• edited December 1969

Syndaryl said:
    I can understand the age restriction on the forums. We get a bit cheeky at times :)

LoL
    At least I'm not one of those prude parents who are terrified when their kid sees naked people.

• ba_aca2a9241dba_aca2a9241d Posts: 55
    edited December 1969

My 11 year old son just started learning Hexagon. I was going to set up an account for him, but then I noticed that the free DAZ software downloads changed from .exe files to .zip files. contrary to the .exe files which you need to register through an account, inside the zip file is a serial number (at least for Bryce and Hexagon for sure). This allowed me to install Hexagon and Bryce for him on a seperate computer without getting an account. I'm not sure if DAZ is still offering the zip files or if they have gone back to execute files again.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

Everything is going to .zip files now. They are going to be releasing an install manager to help with installation

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    edited June 2012

Your child is young... as one parent to another... avoid causing permanent harm to your child's developing brain by waiting until all the bugs have been worked out of this new system. Many people here have been driven to stark raving madness in only a few short days of exposure... I for one chicken washboard hamspring knuckle trout have been having all sorts of metal breakdowns recently... you wouldn't want that for your child, now would hippo lantern snicker wacker bat waffle?

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Post edited by McGyver on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited June 2012

Your child is young... as one parent to another... avoid causing permanent harm to your child's developing brain by waiting until all the bugs have been worked out of this new system. Many people here have been driven to stark raving madness in only a few short days of exposure... I for one chicken washboard hamspring knuckle trout have been having all sorts of metal breakdowns recently... you wouldn't want that for your child, now would hippo lantern snicker wacker bat waffle?

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Chicken washboard hamspring knuckle trout. Did you mean hamstring?

Oh no there was some chicken in my chicken pot pie!

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • edited December 1969

3D Toons said:
    My 11 year old son just started learning Hexagon. I was going to set up an account for him, but then I noticed that the free DAZ software downloads changed from .exe files to .zip files. contrary to the .exe files which you need to register through an account, inside the zip file is a serial number (at least for Bryce and Hexagon for sure). This allowed me to install Hexagon and Bryce for him on a seperate computer without getting an account. I'm not sure if DAZ is still offering the zip files or if they have gone back to execute files again.
    Honestly, I prefer zip files. Installers were a royal pain in the patootie: click this, tick that box, then click 10 more times.... UGH!
    My son is very excited about it. His computer should be here on Friday. Less than 3 months after getting it, the monitor &/or video card dropped dead & I had to send it back to Gateway. (I knew I should have gotten a different brand, but live & learn.)

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

ROFLMAO!

• IanTPIanTP Posts: 1,326
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Everything is going to .zip files now. They are going to be releasing an install manager to help with installation

Just a quickie, Frank, did I read somewhere that the new installer will check for updates of installed content?

edited December 1969

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!

Chicken washboard hamspring knuckle trout. Did you mean hamstring?

Oh no there was some chicken in my chicken pot pie!

Chicken in a chicken pot pie, who'd of thought it ;-)

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    edited June 2012

There is real Possum in the Portly-Man Dinners... and I'm pretty sure they use real pigeon in the Pigeon Pot Pies.

Possum-3b.JPG
    800 x 443 - 171K
    Post edited by McGyver on
    edited December 1969

There is real Possum in the Portly-Man Dinners... and I'm pretty sure they use real pigeon in the Pigeon Pot Pies.

LOL! :coolcheese:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

Just a quickie, Frank, did I read somewhere that the new installer will check for updates of installed content?

That's what I'd heard.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

That's what I'd heard.

Thanks, Mike. :)