Phones and Tickets

hello_281345hello_281345 Posts: 0
edited September 2013 in The Commons

Attention All,

We have been super busy with these sales, wonderful wonderful. Thank you all for your business. Due to the high demand at this time, calls have been coming in one on top of the other, on top of the other. We appreciate your patience. We have more bodies on our emails at this time. For a very quick response, please submit a help request on our contact us page. Keep in mind, we are not here on the weekends and do require 1-2 business days to respond. It will be closer to the 1 day response period. Thank you so much for your patience. And Thank you again for your business. We sure hope you are enjoying our sales.

Post edited by DZ_jared on

Comments

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Thanks for letting us know what the problem is Britney. Several members have posted they haven't been able to get anyone on the phone, even though trying several times over a period of days or weeks.

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,653
    edited December 1969

DAZ, you almost got me to buy the Horse 2 Pro Bundle with 40% off and $10 off a $100 gift certificate. But since the Gift Certificate discount didn't work, it looks like this sale will be postponed, since my ticket won't be answered for a while and the 40% off ends tonight. I don't really need it and can wait 'til March Madness or whenever.

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 679
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up Britney. I like your avatar

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I put in a support ticket on Friday and got my response on Monday and even during the store change when memberships weren't working, the longest I've ever waited was 2 days. I hate sitting on hold so instead that gets me an email response to confirm receipt and I get a nice email in a day or two fixing my issue. And there is a return policy, so if it's near a sale deadline and I want something, buy it and return or request an adjustment later if necessary. And it certainly beats trying every day for a week or more to phone. I've certainly worked in jobs where you just get swamped at times, and I appreciate and understand the staff's situation during busy sales times. As well, when requests and responses are in writing, there is no misunderstanding or confusion and you have a record. I see the same questions get asked and answered over and over on the forums, so assume that happens by phone as well. If by email, the support staff can just give you a link or a prepared explanation and move on to the next person. It's very efficient and they have always been ever so pleasant to deal with.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 2012

Penname said:
    I put in a support ticket on Friday and got my response on Monday and even during the store change when memberships weren't working, the longest I've ever waited was 2 days. I hate sitting on hold so instead that gets me an email response to confirm receipt and I get a nice email in a day or two fixing my issue. And there is a return policy, so if it's near a sale deadline and I want something, buy it and return or request an adjustment later if necessary. And it certainly beats trying every day for a week or more to phone. I've certainly worked in jobs where you just get swamped at times, and I appreciate and understand the staff's situation during busy sales times. As well, when requests and responses are in writing, there is no misunderstanding or confusion and you have a record. I see the same questions get asked and answered over and over on the forums, so assume that happens by phone as well. If by email, the support staff can just give you a link or a prepared explanation and move on to the next person. It's very efficient and they have always been ever so pleasant to deal with.

I agree, also as many of us are not in the US phoning is not an option, so while the few staff are answering the phone are requests are left undealt with.
    Like Penname I have always had a charming response solving the problem within 2 working days if not sooner.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,653
    edited December 2012

I completely agree that DAZ' support and return policy are the best, which is part of why I spend so much money here. I was a bit cranky yesterday when I posted that bit of grumbling about the gift certificate discount not working. DAZ always gets things right for me sooner of later, usually sooner. :cheese:

Thanks, Britney. You are awesome.

Post edited by luci45 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2012

Luci45 said:
    I completely agree that DAZ' support and return policy are the best,

They may be the best in this industry, but far from good outside this restriction. I've had more problems and delays with Daz than any other company I have purchased from in my life. While others are extra happy about their 2 day responses, my last few encounters haven't been so buttery.

And they should answer the phone.

And I know I'm not alone, just look at threads in the forum.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,118
    edited December 1969

I request that DAZ return phone calls, like their voice mail greeting says they will do, or change that voice mail greeting so it doesn't set false expectations. I have never received a return call to messages left on voice mail.

Submitting a ticket eventually gets a response, although usually longer than 2 days for me. Support is always friendly and efficient once you make contact.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

When I call they typically answer and I am given excellent service, but the few times they have not answered and I left the return call info, I have never gotten a call back. So I agree with either removing the voice mail system or return the calls as stated.

I am sure the reason they do not return calls is because they are just too busy to take what calls they can and never have the time to call anyone back that has left a message.

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

DAZ_CREEK said:
    We have more bodies on our emails at this time.

You're doing what? o_O
    I wish I had bought Severed just to render the mental image that conjured up.
  • Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

On third day of waiting for a reply to my written contact to DAZ - that after a week and a half of being unable to reach anyone at DAZ by phone. Not making any purchases till current problem is resolved, and will be far less inclined to buy from DAZ if they eliminate the phone support that used to make dealing with problems a relatively minor issue.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Like I said in the other topics, the best time to call DAZ in my experience is around before noonish, MST for those of you who struggle with getting in contact with them via phone.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 2012

I've never had a problem calling them in the past, though I usually waited until shortly after lunch their time. This time, however, I wasn't able to get through no matter what time of day I called, so I took out a support ticket on Tuesday, added an additional comment to it on Wednesday, and received the resolution I was looking for yesterday, 3 days in total. Not too shabby at all.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • squirtsquirt Posts: 150
    edited December 1969

It's the beginning of the end for good Daz tech support.
    What would have fixed problems in minutes by calling the tech support number will now sometimes take several days if not weeks to resolve.

As if making Genesis figures that did not suppoer Poser initially wasn't bad enough.... Now this. :(

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

squirt said:
    It's the beginning of the end for good Daz tech support.
    What would have fixed problems in minutes by calling the tech support number will now sometimes take several days if not weeks to resolve.

As if making Genesis figures that did not suppoer Poser initially wasn't bad enough.... Now this. :(

It just says they have a lot of issues to take care of at the moment, not that this is the beginning of the end.

If anything, at this point, I'm not surprised to see another support back up. DAZ is really trying out something new for the sight every month and so of course the changes will not go smothly for many people at first, especially where so many use different browsers.

• omradiocomomradiocom Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

I'm one of the folks who has been trying to contact Daz3d. I have had emails rejected from [email protected] (which is the suggested contact via Paypal) and nobody answers phones.

But today, you've gone further and stripped the numbers from the site.

While this serves internally, I can say from biz experience, it kills sales.

I can't buy if I can't know ahead of time I will or won't be stuck with issues and complications.
    Things stack up way too quickly to make sure we're not wasting money and resources.

We're huge fans of Daz here and keep our platinum club active out of appreciation even on months where nothing is appealing to our uses.

Of course, I want your crew to be treated reasonably in the process. It would be good to have announcements of this nature on the contact section instead of buried in forums. Only seasoned Daz users will think to go to forums.

When these matters linger, specials and sales are lost. Since, Daz loves to have the 1 day specials, sort of sucks to have a week go by with over $40 in items to refund.

• omradiocomomradiocom Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

low and below got a call in and....
    very appreciative all the same.

Turns out I wouldn't have known of one error until I got a reply and was able to fix that myself.

The rewards of Success!

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 2012

I think to remove a phone call option is a terrible decision. It might save time on a short run but I'd never recommend to a friend a company that switches from live humans to email responses. Customer Support via email responses don't take time to actually understand a problem or to find the best solution - what is important to them is to close a ticket with a little checkmark on a tally. I had enough of that model in MMORPG customer supports. Thumbs down, DAZ3D.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Still not nearly as bad as the endless loop of an automated phone system with no option to talk to a human and your problem doesn't fit any of their "push" categories. I'll take the DAZ ticket system any day.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The phone was only ever available to a percentage of DAZ 3D Customers, whereas the support ticket is open to all, and dealt with in rotation, regardless of which part of the world you happen to live in.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 2012

Luci45 said:
    DAZ, you almost got me to buy the Horse 2 Pro Bundle with 40% off and $10 off a $100 gift certificate. But since the Gift Certificate discount didn't work, it looks like this sale will be postponed, since my ticket won't be answered for a while and the 40% off ends tonight. I don't really need it and can wait 'til March Madness or whenever.
    Odd...it worked twice for me at different times. $200 for $170 is a really good deal so I went back a second time lol...yes I know I'm addicted.

It doesn't show up in the body of the order but down the bottom near the total.

Sorry to hear you had problems.

edited to add: looks like you got it sorted...isn't Brittney wonderful! : )

Post edited by Pendraia on
  • LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

All depends on the person assigned to answer.

My, I do this type of support for my company and I make sure I understand what is needed and work with my customers accordingly. They get the same level of Service as if they were speaking to me personally.

Some company's do need to learn this lesson though. I've been reading and learning what not to do.

Kattey said:
    I think to remove a phone call option is a terrible decision. It might save time on a short run but I'd never recommend to a friend a company that switches from live humans to email responses. Customer Support via email responses don't take time to actually understand a problem or to find the best solution - what is important to them is to close a ticket with a little checkmark on a tally. I had enough of that model in MMORPG customer supports. Thumbs down, DAZ3D.
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845
    edited December 2012

Are tickets still taking weeks to be answered? I have one opened since last weekend.

12/20/2012: * My issue was resolved several hours ago, thank you. *

Post edited by nDelphi on
  • LostInSpaceManLostInSpaceMan Posts: 16
    edited January 2013

I haven't been to this site in months and all of a sudden this morning I got an email saying I had been charged the monthly PC club fee to my credit card and I'm NOT A PC Club member! I have removed my credit card information from my profile now and will be disputing your charge to my credit card and reporting DAZ to the Better Business Bureau!

Post edited by mods for TOS-compliance

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited January 2013

If you wish to cancel your membership you need to cancel it, and the payments - removing the card details doesn't do anything as the payment is set up to repeat from the outset, there's no reference to the card details after the first authorisation. Open a support ticket with Sales please.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7225_4/

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LostInSpaceManLostInSpaceMan Posts: 16
    edited January 2013

Richard. I do NOT HAVE A MEMBERSHIP so there's nothing to cancel! I haven't had one in over a year! I already opened a support ticket and am disputing the charge with my credit card company as well.

Post edited by LostInSpaceMan on
  • GnotMeGnotMe Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

Lilliana said:
    All depends on the person assigned to answer.

My, I do this type of support for my company and I make sure I understand what is needed and work with my customers accordingly. They get the same level of Service as if they were speaking to me personally.

Some company's do need to learn this lesson though. I've been reading and learning what not to do.

Kattey said:

I''ve had PC Club membership since 2007 according to my account.

I keep getting a message that my PC Club Subscription is Expiring Today which is completely wrong. It says it was good until 11/13/2013, at the time. At the same time I was offered a 29.95 annual PC subscription plus $30 to to spend on original DAZ products.

I took the deal but failed to read that I had to purchase the $30 items at the same time I renewed my PC club at the 29.95 deal.
    So, I used the Contact message to ask them to help me fix this.
    I thought perhaps it could be cancelled and I would re-do it correctly this time, or perhaps they could issue a coupon (for orig DAZ items only) for $30 perhaps.

Four days later I got a message saying apparently other people made the same mistake and they were going to find a fix for this and that the ticket was closed.

Ticket should not have been closed because the problem was not resolved.

I sent another message yesterday, but failed to get a reply, so I phoned.

I talked to someone in Sales Support who could not look up my account, nor any tickets, nor do anything useful to solve the problem.
    She ended by saying someone would get back to me in 3 to 4 business days.

I got mail which summarized what I had said over the phone.

I was unsastified, so I called again and got the same person who was now impatient with me and explained that she was with a phone overflow service and could do nothing. She could not anyone else on the phone, nor give me any other phone numbers for the company.

In the past I have always received courteous, quick, responsive service via phone contact. Problems were solved immediately.

In the meantime even though now my PC Club membership is good until 2/1/2014 I my PC deals will be cut off at the end of today. Is that correct? or is the message not reflect my account standing?

Who knows?

There is no one listening no real sales support person is reachable by telephone and 3 to 4 business days to hear back anything at all is UNSATISFACTORY.

Anyone else ?

Thanks,

Dan

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

No one I've ever dealt with is as good as Amazon. Though it is almost as difficult to find their support phone number as it was to find the DAZ support number. Of course, Amazon obviously has the staff to handle the volume of support calls they get. But you sure can't beat getting an entire order replaced at no cost because part of the order was missing or damaged.

USPS really should never be trusted with delivering anything.

Luci45 said:
    I completely agree that DAZ' support and return policy are the best,

They may be the best in this industry, but far from good outside this restriction. I've had more problems and delays with Daz than any other company I have purchased from in my life. While others are extra happy about their 2 day responses, my last few encounters haven't been so buttery.

And they should answer the phone.

And I know I'm not alone, just look at threads in the forum.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

I've had a ticket open since Jan 16th (# 125026). My wishlist is STILL corrupted. Customer support turned it over to the web team. (heavy sigh)

• edited December 1969

Day 5 on a help ticket with no response or reply - this is a miss billing issue and I am getting highly impatient that I haven't even received a cursory reply - like, we are working on it