Daz 4.5, Photoshop CS5 and 3D bridge not working!

Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use 3D bridge between my scene in DAZ and Photoshop. I initialize it in DAZ, open the menu in PS and press preview image and I just get a pure white file. Nothing I do changes anything! Help!

Edit: I followed a tutorial on youtube as well, and none of the other buttons do anything!

Post edited by Testing6790 on

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

The bridge might not have been updated to work with 4.5 yet.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

I had the same issue on DS4.0

edited December 1969

Were you running both DS4 and PS in 32 or 64bit? They need to be the same bit type for it to work.

edited December 1969

They are both 64 bit. I just reinstalled both to no avail, also

edited June 2012

Ok, preview file does the same for me (found this out testing something for someone else). The only thing I find that this is good for atm, is after hitting Preview File, you can then hit Render to New Layer and it will come in transparent and not on a white background as usual. The alternative, if you have Photoshop Extended, is to Export as U3D which will give you the scene, lights, materials, cameras, etc.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Hmmm when I try what you said nothing happens. It does say rendering, but in the end nothing changes.

edited December 1969

Are you switching to DS after choosing an option? A popup dialog comes up in DS with settings.

edited December 1969

Yes, and there is no dialog box.I don't know why, but they must not be connected correctly. I can't close daz with the close daz button, either.

edited December 1969

Does 3D bridge work with trials? I'll download the CS6 trial if that's the case.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,899
    edited December 1969

I've just tested it with CS6, and it works for me (64 bit).

edited December 1969

Does it matter which Program Files it's installed in? Program Files vs Program Files(x86)?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,899
    edited December 1969

Does it matter which Program Files it's installed in? Program Files vs Program Files(x86)?

The 3D Bridge plug-in must be installed into the Plug-ins folder of Adobe PS.

For 64 bit:
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Plug-ins

For 32 bit:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Plug-ins

edited December 1969

Paradigm- try allowing the PS bridge to launch DS and see if that helps you. When you first go to File > Automate and launch the bridge, if DS isn't already running it will have an option to open DS. It will open it blank with the 3D Bridge Camera already active in the scene.

edited December 1969

That did it!

edited June 2012

:lol:

Glad you got it working. I'm not sure why it wasn't working for you if you launch them separately, but at least you have a workaround!

On second thought, next time you launch them separately, see if it's got something to do with the 3D Camera. That needs to be the active camera in DS afaik (which is automatically set when you launch DS via Photoshop).

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969

Glad to see you finally got it working, but yeah, I had this problem too when I first nabbed the free Studio Pro. I had to call the support line and spend nearly a half hour with Jared to get the things to work perfectly.

edited December 1969

I'm starting to think that I'm one of the only people who had the bridge working since the first time I installed it (which was March when I bought Photoshop lol).