High Fantasy?

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm curious because there's no thread devoted to this ongoing promotion, and there SHOULD be a devoted thread to it.

Same with snowball... should really be a devoted thread for it.

Anyway, about high fantasy... Every day for high fantasy, there's been a "buy this item, and get this other item for free" thing going on. Every day except today... wondering if there's either something that they didn't release, or if there's a glitch with today's high fantasy release.

Not looking to buy till I know what's what... anyone know?

Comments

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

Hiya belovedalia :) It is a little different today. Instead of doing buy this and get this free we opted to put all three of the packs in one big bundle (less adding to cart and confusion that way) :) So basically it's buy the bundle and get The Dungeon, The Dungeon Props, and the Gallows (the Gallows would have been the "get free" item had we not just combined it in instead)

I hope that answers your question :) Initially, on the store page for the Bundle, the Gallows was missing from the list of what was included but showing in the promos which probably didn't help much confusion wise but that's been fixed and everything is all listed now :)

If you have any other questions at all, please just let me know :)

• Xandyr78Xandyr78 Posts: 100
    edited December 2012

So...are the "buy this, get this" promos listed in the newsletter I got on 12/11/12 no longer valid, then? It'd have been nice if instead of "for a limited time" there'd been a more specific "purchase within 24 hours" notification. I went to buy the Interment Tomb and had hoped to get "Them Bones" for free, but the discount NEVER applied, even all the way up to the "Confirm Order" screen. Sad. I wish DAZ would communicate these things a bit more...directly.

Edited to add: Since this was NOT communicated, this did result in my choosing not to purchase either product. Had I been informed either via forum or the newsletter that this was a daily special ONLY, I might have chosen differently. As it stands, I'm not sure I'm all that keen to spend my money here, if DAZ can't be bothered to communicate such basic information to their customers. I've been part of the PC for six years...and recently it's become more apparent that communication's not at the top of the list of To-Do's anymore. This disappoints me, as I've always loved shopping with DAZ, and things like this tarnish that experience for me pretty severely.

Post edited by Xandyr78 on
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply, Daz Ann....

While I appreciate the convenience, it bumps the price up considerably that way... so I will pass this one up.

And Xandy, agree..... TOTALLY.

Since the new store is lacking a VERY ESSENTIAL feature of listing SALE DATES, Daz ought to include dates in the email AND in a forum thread, and there's a definite and misleading lack of both.

Stores MUST advertise sale dates. I have gone to a store before, with a coupon that had no date, or a sale flyer that had no date, and even if the date past, have successfully argued that the price still applies because they advertised it as still going by NOT listing dates.

Daz really needs to get these issues in place. :S
    Blatant misleading of customers by a continued refusal to advertise sale and coupon start and end dates is terribly unprofessional and highly suspicious when it's continued and perpetuated.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 2012

While I appreciate the convenience, it bumps the price up considerably that way

Separately, with 50% discount included, each item adds up to about 17.5+17.5+7.5 = $42.5, with gallows free it would be $35
    Bundle costs total about $25 with current discount, the difference about $17 with total and $10 with total without gallows. It either almost one full product free or gallows + bit of something else.

The only cheapest option is one full product + (non-existent) free gallows, but in that case the difference between one full product ($17.5) and full bundle ($25) is only $7.5
    What I'm trying to say, it doesn't look that much of the difference. Basically the bundle price is one full product + gallows and second full product is free. It is cheaper than "buy two full products, get gallows free" which as I understand was the original idea.

Post edited by Kattey on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

I'm curious, what does high fantasy have to do with seasonal stuff?

edited December 1969

Kattey said:

While I appreciate the convenience, it bumps the price up considerably that way

Separately, with 50% discount included, each item adds up to about 17.5+17.5+7.5 = $42.5, with gallows free it would be $35
    Bundle costs total about $25 with current discount, the difference about $17 with total and $10 with total without gallows. It either almost one full product free or gallows + bit of something else.

The only cheapest option is one full product + (non-existent) free gallows, but in that case the difference between one full product ($17.5) and full bundle ($25) is only $7.5
    What I'm trying to say, it doesn't look that much of the difference. Basically the bundle price is one full product + gallows and second full product is free. It is cheaper than "buy two full products, get gallows free" which as I understand was the original idea.

Of course that's a good deal and I said as much.. pric
    but of course 17.50 is more affordable than 25, and while "only $7.50" doesn't seem like much to some, it's maybe 2-3 other products right now. Even a tiny bit makes a difference. ;)

I am in no way at all complaining about the sale or the price though. I just happened to buy too many Daz O's and wince at that extra 7 bucks is all :P

edited December 2012

belovedalia, what I'm trying to say is that, from my understanding, it woudn't been $17.5 + free gallows deal anyway. AFAIU if it wasn't any bundle, you'd have to buy both dungeon and dungeon props to get gallows free, which would be more expensive than current bundle anyway.
    I'm not saying you complaining, no, I'm just trying to clarify that in my opinion the deal wouldn't been better otherwise.

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 2012

Kattey, the POINT is that it's not following the beginning pattern which was buy one thing and get one thing free....That's all that I was confused on. A single item is generally cheaper than a bundle, which was my only point and yes the other points you made (two items, get one free, etc) were noted and understood.

Daz Ann already clarified, and if folks haven't tapped out on Daz Originals already (darn you snowball sale) this would be a fantastic bundle to spring for.

In fact I wish there was a "High Fantasy" renders thread as well as a "Snowball" render thread so I could go look and drool and put up a few pics myself :)

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
    edited December 1969

Oh, yeah, I totally agree that current sales and promotions are confusing. For me about 2/3 of 'High Fantasy' products aren't even on sale :/

Hm, what about making such a thread?

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    I'm curious, what does high fantasy have to do with seasonal stuff?

The Hobbit - it is just an answer...big budget seasonal movie release, is also high fantasy :)

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Yes, and a reply tomorrow will be useless. Is the Dungeon Bundle a today-only offer? Will it cease to exist tomorrow?

I agree with the comments upthread about the lack of sale ending dates — I wanted to buy the Internment Tomb and Them Bones 3 yesterday as well. Still going to get the tomb, but Them Bones just went back into my wishlist for later.

edited December 1969

Well the "buy this" get the Gallows free offer was only going to apply to the bundle so in this case even had we gone the other route the price would have been the same. :( Originally it was buy the Bundle at $25.00 and then get the Gallows for free but instead of making so you had to go through the extra step of adding the Gallows, we opted for just including it "in" the Bundle. I hope that makes better sense and explains better. Whether we did the buy this get that free thing or whether we did it as we have, the price was still the 25.00.

I am very sorry if we disappointed anyone though. We had thought we were saving people a step, not causing issues :(

edited December 2012

Yes, and a reply tomorrow will be useless. Is the Dungeon Bundle a today-only offer? Will it cease to exist tomorrow?

I agree with the comments upthread about the lack of sale ending dates — I wanted to buy the Internment Tomb and Them Bones 3 yesterday as well. Still going to get the tomb, but Them Bones just went back into my wishlist for later.

The Them Bones thing was gone so fast as it wasn't supposed to be free at all. There was some confusion at DAZ3D and it was put as a "get this free" when it wasn't supposed to be part of that promotion which is why it was removed so quickly :( We do apologize for any inconvenience there as well :( With the few different sales and deals going at once, I think it has been a little confusing. I think this is the most variation of promotion DAZ3D has done to date and with that has come some mishaps :( All I can say is that we are very very sorry and as we get more and more used to sales and promotions like these ones all going at once, you should see an end come to these sorts of mistakes (or at least as much as humanly possible given no one is perfect) :)

Anyway, for those upset that we decided to package it all together instead of separate, I am terribly terribly sorry. Knowing the store sometimes gives people grief, I was attempting to make things as easy as possible for everyone, or at least I thought I was. I will leave them separated next time so I don't cause people to be confused on what they are getting and as part of what. I'll also pass on that the sames etc have been a bit confusing and that you all would like to see some sort of updates etc as the sales go on.

I should also add that on the Dungeon hindsight as they say is 20/20. I hadn't thought many would really want one or the other (though maybe a person here or there might) but I assumed (see what I get) that most would do the bundle considering just how much was in it for the price. I realize times are tight though and had I been thinking I might have considered more may be interested in focusing on one pack or the other. I will definitely take that into better consideration in the future :)

As for how long the sale is on these sets, I believe it is at the very least through the weekend :) I will double check though cuz even I can't keep up and it's my set ROFL :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Pardon the silly question, but why aren't we all getting these newsletter offers. I haven't received one for months.

edited December 1969

Pardon the silly question, but why aren't we all getting these newsletter offers. I haven't received one for months.

Everyone who subscribes to it should be getting it. If you have signed up for it and aren't, I would check you spam filter on your e-mail as even if some newsletters go through sometimes it will catch other ones from the same company. If they aren't there then I would maybe contact Customer Service so they can look into it. The offers are to everyone though and are posted on the site as well so you are still getting the same offers on the same product whether you get the newsletter or not :) I believe you can also see the newsletter online but I can't recall where you go to do that off hand.

edited December 2012

While I appreciate the convenience, it bumps the price up considerably that way... so I will pass this one up.

And Xandy, agree..... TOTALLY.

Since the new store is lacking a VERY ESSENTIAL feature of listing SALE DATES, Daz ought to include dates in the email AND in a forum thread, and there's a definite and misleading lack of both.

Stores MUST advertise sale dates. I have gone to a store before, with a coupon that had no date, or a sale flyer that had no date, and even if the date past, have successfully argued that the price still applies because they advertised it as still going by NOT listing dates.

Daz really needs to get these issues in place. :S
    Blatant misleading of customers by a continued refusal to advertise sale and coupon start and end dates is terribly unprofessional and highly suspicious when it's continued and perpetuated.

Actually there are a lot of business that don't list "sale end dates" the biggest company that comes to mind being Amazon.com. As someone who shops there way more then I should, I would tend to agree it can be annoying to not know when a sale will be over but that said the current software here doesn't have the ability to put it in as far as I know so it;s not about choosing not to but rather not having the ability to unless they hand code it on every page and then the next day hand remove it for every product going on and off sale (which anyone who shops here knows is a lot of products daily) At some point they may possibly get the ability put in but I assume that wouldn't be till sometime in the future. I will pass on the request and your thoughts on the topic though :)

On the same topic, while it would be really hard for them to do it on every item on sale, they have been putting it in the descriptions on the Buy this Get That Free items. I thought I would point it out incase you have missed it :) (Ignore the color scheme of the store in my screenshot..I used that color this plugin thing cuz the stark white makes me mental LOL)

Date.jpg
    414 x 431 - 27K
    edited December 1969

Everyone who subscribes to it should be getting it. If you have signed up for it and aren't, I would check you spam filter on your e-mail as even if some newsletters go through sometimes it will catch other ones from the same company. If they aren't there then I would maybe contact Customer Service so they can look into it. The offers are to everyone though and are posted on the site as well so you are still getting the same offers on the same product whether you get the newsletter or not :) I believe you can also see the newsletter online but I can't recall where you go to do that off hand.

Well I've been subscribed for months ... even resubscribed a few times to be sure ... I habitually keep an eye on the spam filter, do recall one issue landing there and I pulled it out and reassigned it to the inbox ... as the spam folder is normally 'empty' [which I find rather strange] it could be that because of other issues neither one of us are aware of that Daz3d newsletters simply aren't being mailed out to people ??? who knows these days ... as far as I know your beliefs are mistaken. While the sales pitch may resemble the front page from time to time, no, the newsletters are not online, would that they were. I have looked for them. Others probably have too. Some other stores do post their newsletters online ... and even have a link for those who can't view their newsletters properly in the email.

Customer Service???

I have read enough in the forum to have the picture that they are rather overworked right now.
    I can appreciate that the store doesn't think keeping customers signed in and having their newsletters delivered 'somehow' in a timely fashion to be a high priority. However the time to scour the forums "looking for missed coupons, etc" is drawing to a close.

edited December 2012

Actually they are online...here is a link to the last one :)
    Newsletter

There used to be a thread where people would post up the links for every but that seems to have disappeared. Ill have to see, maybe one of the CVs would be willing to do and keep a thread for it.

On the spam blocker...there is one usually built into the actual e-mail app you are using (I use Windows Live Mail) and then there is also one usually built in server side through your internet provider or e-mail client like Roadrunner, AT&T, Google Mail, Yahoo etc. Be sure you check both places (and in some cases some services have more then one level of it to boot) I've had before where my app hadn't put anything in spam but then I went to sign into my e-mail physically through my internet providers webmail online access only to find that TONS of e-mail were blocked there and I didn't even know it. Then looked further and saw due to their default settings there and the fact I never looked there or set it up there, there were also a bunch it was just plain deleting as completely unwanted e-mails without me even knowing it :( Once I changed my settings all was well and I started getting some of the stuff I hadn't been. May or may not be the case here but worth checking into as I know it happened to me and I hadn't realized as there didn't seem to be anything on my end I was blocking and at first glance there didn't seem to be anything on the mail server till I ended up digging a bit more. :(

edited December 1969

Actually they are online...here is a link to the last one :)
    Newsletter

There used to be a thread where people would post up the links for every but that seems to have disappeared. Ill have to see, maybe one of the CVs would be willing to do and keep a thread for it.

On the spam blocker...there is one usually built into the actual e-mail app you are using (I use Windows Live Mail) and then there is also one usually built in server side through your internet provider or e-mail client like Roadrunner, AT&T, Google Mail, Yahoo etc. Be sure you check both places (and in some cases some services have more then one level of it to boot) I've had before where my app hadn't put anything in spam but then I went to sign into my e-mail physically through my internet providers webmail online access only to find that TONS of e-mail were blocked there and I didn't even know it. Then looked further and saw due to their default settings there and the fact I never looked there or set it up there, there were also a bunch it was just plain deleting as completely unwanted e-mails without me even knowing it :( Once I changed my settings all was well and I started getting some of the stuff I hadn't been. May or may not be the case here but worth checking into as I know it happened to me and I hadn't realized as there didn't seem to be anything on my end I was blocking and at first glance there didn't seem to be anything on the mail server till I ended up digging a bit more. :(

thank you :-)

Yes if links to the newsletters could be posted in the Commons, that would be nice.

I have triple checked my spam filter settings and everything should be landing in there and staying a month unless I zap 'em.
    When signing up at new websites their confirmation emails often land there and I do have time to move them out so technically it's working. I'm just not getting the emails from here. The post notifications "usually' come through ... sometimes days later ... bulk mailings don't exactly get top priority ... and so even if'/when newsletters might come through, sale could be over. Which is why I ever got into the habit of combing the forums. At any rate, "happy holidays".

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

OK created a thread you can check that is stickied in the commercial forums:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/13382/

Hope that helps :)

edited December 1969

Thank you very much. Now to find where the dog hid the cc and we're all set ;-)

edited December 1969

Thanks so much for the constant help Ann!

As a suggestion... if we can't get a sale date put on the items, what about naming the sale categories after the dates? Or having a thread in the commons with first post listing current sale information? That would be feasible, I think?

edited December 1969

Thanks so much for the constant help Ann!

As a suggestion... if we can't get a sale date put on the items, what about naming the sale categories after the dates? Or having a thread in the commons with first post listing current sale information? That would be feasible, I think?

I will run it past marketing :) I am not positive what all they have planned or what their time permits, but I will definitely make them aware of the suggestion :)

edited December 1969

Ann that's all I could ask for. Thank you as always for hearing us out and making awesome stuff that caters to our 3D whims. Heh.

edited December 1969

Ann that's all I could ask for. Thank you as always for hearing us out and making awesome stuff that caters to our 3D whims. Heh.

Done..just forwarded on the idea :)