Any Ideas Of How To Create Realistic Blood & Explosions?

aminrougeaminrouge Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi everyone.........
so,can you suggest any pdf/vid tuts which i can learn from it how to create realistic big booms like what they are using in this generation games,and how to create blood splash as someone been shot in the head with a shotgun or mk46?or do i have to create them frame by frame?
the only thing i know about is creating blood & booms in photoshop but they are like textures/wallpapers not 3d.
Thanks in advance,but if you didn't help me.....i take back the advance thank.
Thanks in advance......again,but if you didn't help me.....i take back the advance thank.....again.
Thanks in advance......another again,but if you didn't help me.....i take back the advance thank.....another again.
Thanks in advance......etc.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I hate to tell you this but as far as I know there are no props that you can animate to create the effects that you wish to do. If you find them please let me know because I also would love to have the option to just animate that.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I'm assuming you want this for DS?

Well, the lack of a physics engine is the real killer here...those glorious explosions and sprays of liquids...physics engine.

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

I don't know very much about this, but couldn't that be accomplished with a particle effects generator? You could just texture the particles accordingly. I believe casual was doing something with partical effects and such. You would have to look in the freepository, or maybe ask him. Good luck with the animation.
    Gus

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 2012

Blender does fluid sims you could render out with transparency and add as a layer in a video editor.
    not the easiest program to use though.
    I have yet to figure out how but big booms are also possible in Blender.
    keyframing Casuals metaballs might work, not sure if DS4 compatible though.
    no not, just looked but one of his other scripts or props may help https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts2/home

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Gusf1 said:
    I don't know very much about this, but couldn't that be accomplished with a particle effects generator? You could just texture the particles accordingly. I believe casual was doing something with partical effects and such. You would have to look in the freepository, or maybe ask him. Good luck with the animation.
    Gus

I was looking through his stuff and couldn't figure out if the particle one was updated for DS4.x...

• aminrougeaminrouge Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well,that was helpful......a little,i have been searching and googling for 8 hours now but nothing showed up.
    just some small booms and photoshop gore effects,i think this is gonna take me a long time to find some helpful tuts but thanks guys,i'll give some links if i found some...........and you better do the same,or else..................................................

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Most special effects like that will have to be added in post, but there are a few tricks t make it sit better with the scene. One of the simplest tricks is adding a bright light source for explosions and then dimming it over its duration. You can then add a simple animated explosion over your scene. Of course, if your explosion is obscured you might want to mask out areas of it to let it fit better into the scene.

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 442
    edited December 2012

Well there used to be a Particle Engine in the store here at DAZ that sold for $99.00...

My ParticleFX DS4.5 is still in Production(With the new Save .duf format broke the Plugin so you cant save right now,Being recoded)
    I havent done a Preset for the Explosions But I will...When the save option is fixed I will add you to the beta team send me an email to foleypro at comcast.net and in the subject line put ParticleFX Tester/Explosions that way I know who you are...You can Play now if you want but Like I said the save options are Broken(We even have our own Export Option coded in)...

Post edited by foleypro on