ArtXtreme's Renders

ArtXtreme101ArtXtreme101 Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Here are some renders I've done in DAZ Studio and LuxRender/Reality 2.5. Comment would be appreciated!

Comments

• ArtXtreme101ArtXtreme101 Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Here are a few more..

Portfolio_(1_of_1)-6.jpg
    1545 x 2000 - 2M
    Portfolio_(1_of_1)-5.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    Portfolio_(1_of_1)-4.jpg
    800 x 800 - 625K
  • Jake_35533Jake_35533 Posts: 242
    edited December 2012

ArtXtreme said:
    Here are some renders I've done in DAZ Studio and LuxRender/Reality 2.5. Comment would be appreciated!

Super cool! Finally, someone who is a Reality/Luxrender fan. Its hard to believe these are from Daz Studio. It looks like you used a high end program like Maya to render these. Its really good stuff here. My favorite is the girl with the blue face paint. That's the one that really jumps out at you! I struggle to render photo real stuff though. How did you get the lighting and skin perfect like that where it seems "organic' rather than just a high res rendering of a digital character?

Here is my rendering below. This took two weeks of post work to force it to look like this, I couldn't get it to render as good as yours. Did you use special shaders?

Blurry_Gaze.jpg
    1090 x 1400 - 180K
    Post edited by Jake_35533 on
    edited December 1969

ArtXtreme said:

Super cool! Finally, someone who is a Reality/Luxrender fan. Its hard to believe these are from Daz Studio. It looks like you used a high end program like Maya to render these. Its really good stuff here. My favorite is the girl with the blue face paint. That's the one that really jumps out at you! I struggle to render photo real stuff though. How did you get the lighting and skin perfect like that where it seems "organic' rather than just a high res rendering of a digital character?

Here is my rendering below. This took two weeks of post work to force it to look like this, I couldn't get it to render as good as yours. Did you use special shaders?

Thanks! Love the render by the way! For me I think a lot of the realism is from the character texture. For just about every single one (except for the little blue face painted girl) all the textures are by Danae from Renderosity. The blue face painted one is Yaana from Moonbunny. A lot of the time in these renders I keep the skin materials at the preset "Glossy". For the Rio texture (used in 1, 5, 6, & 7) I installed the ASCEL preset for it. I also like using a lot of depth of field. For the blue face painted girl I kinda got carried away, but I've noticed that's definitely helped to add some realism. For most of the images I only used 1 to 2 mesh lights, so it was fairly simple lighting. Though for images 3 and 6 I used around 5 to 6 mesh lights. I'm still fairly new to this software, but I hope that answered a few of your questions!

• Jake_35533Jake_35533 Posts: 242
    edited December 1969

ArtXtreme said:
    ArtXtreme said:

Thanks! Love the render by the way! For me I think a lot of the realism is from the character texture. For just about every single one (except for the little blue face painted girl) all the textures are by Danae from Renderosity. The blue face painted one is Yaana from Moonbunny. A lot of the time in these renders I keep the skin materials at the preset "Glossy". For the Rio texture (used in 1, 5, 6, & 7) I installed the ASCEL preset for it. I also like using a lot of depth of field. For the blue face painted girl I kinda got carried away, but I've noticed that's definitely helped to add some realism. For most of the images I only used 1 to 2 mesh lights, so it was fairly simple lighting. Though for images 3 and 6 I used around 5 to 6 mesh lights. I'm still fairly new to this software, but I hope that answered a few of your questions!

I have been using Reality since 1.0, and I am just getting to the point where I am comfortable with it. You are doing a good job being new to it. I tried using the ASCEL presets but they didn't do anything. Also, do you get that harsh outline around the light when using Daz lighting (not the mesh lighting)?

edited December 1969

ArtXtreme said:
    ArtXtreme said:

I have been using Reality since 1.0, and I am just getting to the point where I am comfortable with it. You are doing a good job being new to it. I tried using the ASCEL presets but they didn't do anything. Also, do you get that harsh outline around the light when using Daz lighting (not the mesh lighting)?

I have never tried using DAZ lighting in Reality, but now I definitely have to try it out!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Beautiful! Well done Extreme :) Love the detail! Great stuff

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Beautiful! Well done Extreme :) Love the detail! Great stuff

Thank you!!

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 2012

That are some very good renders!
    What is your computer setup, if I may ask :)

I have been hovering around Reality 2 and almost bought it on Rendo with the discount, but I read some nasty reviews that set me off.
    Looks like your renders say otherwise and I should reconsider...

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    That are some very good renders!
    What is your computer setup, if I may ask :)

I have been hovering around Reality 2 and almost bought it on Rendo with the discount, but I read some nasty reviews that set me off.
    Looks like your renders say otherwise and I should reconsider...

Thanks! I have a fairly simple HP Laptop (HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC 64bit) which has AMD Radeon graphics for GPU rendering. I personally love Reality 2. Once you get the hang of it, it get's fairly easy to use. I know that Octane Render for DAZ is coming out fairly soon (It's fairly similar to Reality 2: http://render.otoy.com/) and I'm not sure how that would compare (better or worse) to Reality 2. I believe Octane will be more expensive then Reality 2 from what I have read...but I'm not sure. But yeah, I love Reality 2. I had it for about 6 months before I actually started using it, but after watching a few tutorials it wasn't as hard as I thought. I think it's a great product and definitely one of my better purchases. :)

edited December 1969

And...a few more...

Helpme_(1_of_1)-32.jpg
    546 x 706 - 168K
    Helpme_(1_of_1)-33.jpg
    646 x 950 - 304K