Animation Bundles

Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I'm considering getting Key Mate. I've dabbled a bit in animation but haven't used the animation stuff I bought for a while and I'm not sure if the reduced price bundle they are offering is stuff I already have (and I know the store has never warned you if you bought a bundle containing stuff you bought seperatly).

I have got aniMate starter bundle, aniMate Plus Bundle Upgrade, aniMate Monster Pack Sampler and aniMate Transitions Sits 1 Pack. Does anyone know if the aniMate2 Content Bundle is a new name for this stuff or is it something different?

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/keymate

Woah! This kinda looks like Poser's keyframing tools! (which I miss terribly)

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

I'm considering getting Key Mate. I've dabbled a bit in animation but haven't used the animation stuff I bought for a while and I'm not sure if the reduced price bundle they are offering is stuff I already have (and I know the store has never warned you if you bought a bundle containing stuff you bought seperatly).

I have got aniMate starter bundle, aniMate Plus Bundle Upgrade, aniMate Monster Pack Sampler and aniMate Transitions Sits 1 Pack. Does anyone know if the aniMate2 Content Bundle is a new name for this stuff or is it something different?

aniMate2 is(been out for a while) the replacement to aniMate Plus. I am pretty sure that aniMate2 Content Bundle is equivalent to your aniMate Plus Bundle Upgrade. Even though I would love your money, don't double buy.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,602
    edited December 1969

aniMate2 is(been out for a while) the replacement to aniMate Plus. I am pretty sure that aniMate2 Content Bundle is equivalent to your aniMate Plus Bundle Upgrade. Even though I would love your money, don’t double buy.

Thanks for the warning.

Am I right in thinking that Key Mate can read aniblocks from the aniMate and aniMate 2 products and gives you more editing control?

I've looked in my content library and I've got a walk construction kit but it's in the aniMate directory, not aniMatePlus. Will this work with Key Mate?

edited December 2012

aniMate2 is(been out for a while) the replacement to aniMate Plus. I am pretty sure that aniMate2 Content Bundle is equivalent to your aniMate Plus Bundle Upgrade. Even though I would love your money, don’t double buy.

Thanks for the warning.

Am I right in thinking that Key Mate can read aniblocks from the aniMate and aniMate 2 products and gives you more editing control?

I've looked in my content library and I've got a walk construction kit but it's in the aniMate directory, not aniMatePlus. Will this work with Key Mate?

Not directly.

If you want to use aniBlocks, aniMate2 is what you want. All versions of Studio for years have shipped with a Lite version than enables everyone to use aniBlocks. You have to pay for aniMate2 to edit the keys inside the aniBlocks, although you can transfer(bake) the aniMate2 keys from aniMate to DAZ Studio keys and then edit them there.
    keyMate works on DAZ Studio keys. Although you can create aniBlocks from scratch inside aniMate2, creating animation from scratch tends to be easier for many people using the traditional keyframing solution.

That being said, some are finding they like to bake an aniBlock to the Studio Keys and then add some custom animation to sections of the animation using keyMate.

Post edited by ammon_fde0d92863 on
    edited December 2012

Thanks for the info. I have bought aniMate2 but I don't know if it is installed on my current PC, or if it is on DS3 or DS4.

I think my best plan is to try and reset all of the aniMate downloads so I can see exactly what I have got and make sure it's installed in DS4.

I preferred the way they used to give you a coupon so you could decide which extras to buy later. This "everything has to be in the cart at the same time" system means I have to sort all this out before I buy anything.

Later Update - I just reset my aniMate 2 downloads but the only files I get start with DS3. Is the DS4 version of aniMate2 a non-free update?

Post edited by Peter Wade on
    edited December 2012

aniMate2 installs with all version of DAZ Studio 4. All you should need to do is enter your aniMate2 serial number found in your account into
    Menu -> Help -> about plugins -> find aniMate2

Post edited by ammon_fde0d92863 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all the help, Go_Figure. I have now worked out what I actually have got and how it fits together.

I decided to get keyMate with the Hero Actions and Cheerleader Actions. I've got a more powerful PC than when I bought aniMate2 so I should be able to get more animation done this time.