Star Trek Builders Unite 2 "Renderings on the Edge of Forever"

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Okay ... I knew it. As soon as ... okay ... here you go.

Here's the re-up for Horta, AND Sulu's Viewer, and the other one is still there.

I had hoped to remake Sulu's Viewer to go with a new Bridge BUT after about 50 crashes one day [like I count them] of Hexagon, I don't think the bridge is going to be re-made by me before Christmas this year.

http://www.mediafire.com/?92hcb8ccnqlu50q Horta re-up

http://www.mediafire.com/?0t6aeggyjclcjw5 Sulu's Viewer 2nd re-up

http://www.mediafire.com/?guiumzxij3d2ltr TNG Brig Door

• ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

These are the versions you previously uploaded?

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    These are the versions you previously uploaded?

Yes.

edited December 1969

Thank you. I won't waste anyone's bandwidth by downloading them a second time, then. [grin]

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Now available over at Trekmeshes - DOOMSDAY...

edited December 1969

Just in time for the world to end. Sheesh! Couldn't you have picked better timing, Matty? [grin]

• PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Updated to freebies.

• wolfgang_1wolfgang_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:

Thank You very much , Mattymanx .

edited December 1969

All,

After looking over the list and how it’s grown to three entry sections. I was wondering if people would be adverse to my restructuring of the list to as follows.

Forum History File (where we came from)
    Sets (Bridge, rooms, environments)
    Props (hand held devices, character based props like a visor, jewellery, beds, and chairs…basically the room and character fillers.)
    Hair
    Clothing and clothing textures (I’d divide this with actual clothing at the beginning and textures as the second half.)
    Poses:
    Morphs
    Ships
    (as Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Borg and Others)
    Mirror Universe (items exclusive to and would be duplicated here) or would a tag after the name saying MU or Mirror Universe be better? this could also lead to a potental TOS, TNG (includes TNG, DS9, VOY), ENG and RI - ReImagined aka JJ-Trek for many items.)
    Sites with models that can be converted to Poser/Daz Studio format
    Miscellaneous: (to include brushers, fonts, conversion links,
    And lastly…
    Star Trek based Graphic Novels or Strips.

Send PM's if you have suggestions for changes.

edited December 2012

duplicate posting....

Post edited by PDSmith on
  • MotoTsumeMotoTsume Posts: 520
    edited December 1969

DDDDoomsday

dddddoomsday-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 165K
  • blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    All,

After looking over the list and how it’s grown to three entry sections. I was wondering if people would be adverse to my restructuring of the list to as follows.

Forum History File (where we came from)
    Sets (Bridge, rooms, environments)
    Props (hand held devices, character based props like a visor, jewellery, beds, and chairs…basically the room and character fillers.)
    Hair
    Clothing and clothing textures (I’d divide this with actual clothing at the beginning and textures as the second half.)
    Poses:
    Morphs
    Ships
    (as Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Borg and Others)
    Mirror Universe (items exclusive to and would be duplicated here) or would a tag after the name saying MU or Mirror Universe be better? this could also lead to a potental TOS, TNG (includes TNG, DS9, VOY), ENG and RI - ReImagined aka JJ-Trek for many items.)
    Sites with models that can be converted to Poser/Daz Studio format
    Miscellaneous: (to include brushers, fonts, conversion links,
    And lastly…
    Star Trek based Graphic Novels or Strips.

Send PM's if you have suggestions for changes.

feel free , anything that makes the mega list more manageable is a way good thing

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited December 1969

bluto said:
    PDSmith said:
    All,

After looking over the list and how it’s grown to three entry sections. I was wondering if people would be adverse to my restructuring of the list to as follows...

feel free , anything that makes the mega list more manageable is a way good thing

Same here. If it makes the list easier to use, go ahead.

On another note- and this one's aimed at Daz- I'm really getting tired of not only having to log in almost every time I come to the forum, But after doing so, of having to leave the internet and come back in order to see any artwork that's posted. Come on Daz! You've had almost six months to get the bugs worked out.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,580
    edited December 1969

Had a chance to examine Raul's DDM.

It's cool; it's well crafted; and it appears (at least to me) to be based upon the the CBS "Remastered" digital effect.

The cardboard covered by tin foil covered with cellophane miniature from 1967 is proving a rather tough nut to crack. I've seen one really successful model of it, but sadly (yet understandably), the creator wants to keep a tight rein upon his work.

I made an attempt at it and was partially successful, but I can't remember the steps I made and now I can't get TrueSpace to work upon my current machine.

Aw, poo!

Sincerely,

Bill

• bwaomegabwaomega Posts: 220
    edited December 1969

Thalek said:
    Thank you. I won't waste anyone's bandwidth by downloading them a second time, then. [grin]

Yes, it was a request from someone (looks innocent) who fell behind on the thread, and found the old link too late.

Thanks again for putting it back up for a while.

edited December 1969

PD, you're the current maintainer of the list. If it makes it easier for you, that's what you should do. If it incidentally makes it easier for us, that's a nice bonus. It certainly sounds like it would be more readable that way, FWIW.

• mylochkamylochka Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Yes, PD, go with what makes sense to you. The list has grown so much since I started it... It's outgrown the simple categories I started out with....

edited December 1969

Refit

akira-refit-sml.jpg
    1500 x 864 - 222K
    edited December 1969

now that Doomsday device is available, thinking we now LOL need a damaged Constellation Class :P

edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:
    now that Doomsday device is available, thinking we now LOL need a damaged Constellation Class :P

That would be cool. The one that comes with it is not exactly good for closeups

I like the lighting on the refit. Looks good.

edited December 1969

didnt see that one lol
    I ued a tos enterprise and changed the registry
    but had no damage
    in show the con has one of the nacelles damaged though

edited December 1969

When's the refit Enterprise with the removeable decals going to be available? Been watching, but haven't seen any announcement yet.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    When's the refit Enterprise with the removeable decals going to be available? Been watching, but haven't seen any announcement yet.

Not sure. I emailed it to Erik but I have not received an email back stating that its available.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    mdbruffy said:

Not sure. I emailed it to Erik but I have not received an email back stating that its available.

Ok.

• NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Hey, gang,

Here's a sample pic with Mylochka's Cheron body texture, in this case for M4. Please let me know what you think

Besides her Cheron body texture, I also used a background from her, too.
    The hair is My Rock Star Hair from DAZ's store, and the shorts are from the M4 Basic Wear set, also from DAZ's store.

I also used three lights, and I think it came out really well. I used one Distant light overhead, and I used two Spotlights at about half intensity on either side of him at angles, but with no shadows.

Lights seem to be the one problem I'm having with DAZ Studio, although I am self taught in Art in general, and also in Photography.

Any constructive critisism would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking a look.

Your friend
    Oracle

Oracles_Cheron_Sample_for_DAZ_forum.jpg
    500 x 400 - 127K
    edited December 2012

here is an easy 3 light portrait setup

you would play with the shadow setting on the 3th light

and you can add more light of different types as needed or wanted

light3-settings.jpg
    371 x 327 - 30K
    light2-settings.jpg
    376 x 347 - 32K
    light1-settings.jpg
    371 x 329 - 33K
    3_light-portrat-easy-setup.jpg
    1364 x 763 - 187K
    Post edited by MotoTsume on
    edited December 1969

quick sample render
    using raytraced shadows wiht angle of 3th light coming slightly from the right and pointing down slightly

smpl.jpg
    1500 x 1941 - 220K
  • jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited December 1969

MotoTsume said:

There is one about somewhere. I have this in my runtime but its been around so long and I have rebuilt my runtime so many times I have no idea where I got it perhaps some one out there will be able to enlighten us

Con_2.jpg
    1178 x 581 - 107K
  • NV OracleNV Oracle Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, Moto Tsume. I'll try that out the next time. As I told Mylochka over on DeviantArt, I am going to try to make a more Star Trek-ish render, meaning with uniform, set, etc, in the next couple of days, but I've got somethings going on tomorrow and Friday, so it's going to be worked on around that.

One quick question, do you think that light set up will work on an indoor set, like on a bridge, or in a room?

Your friend
    Oracle

This discussion has been closed.