Something completely different... WIP [Commercial]

HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
edited December 1969 in The Commons

So I've done a lot of scenes in Carrara that are quite heavy on using replicators for plants, plants, plants and more plants. Sure, they look nice but some workstations can struggle with them.

Here's an early WIP of something new I'm working on - for me it is quite a departure from my usual artwork. I will be keeping the poly count as low as I can and use the replicators as little as possible and avoid using the Carrara plant generator. What this means is (no guarantees but quite likely) that I can produce a DazStudio version of this scene. Bonus also that it renders quite fast.

There'll be a lot more to go into this scene but the foundations are in place. :)

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Oh I like that :-)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

gorgeous!!! and hurray for Daz version!!! :D

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Looks rather World of Warcraft. I like it!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

So I've done a lot of scenes in Carrara that are quite heavy on using replicators for plants, plants, plants and more plants. Sure, they look nice but some workstations can struggle with them.

Here's an early WIP of something new I'm working on - for me it is quite a departure from my usual artwork. I will be keeping the poly count as low as I can and use the replicators as little as possible and avoid using the Carrara plant generator. What this means is (no guarantees but quite likely) that I can produce a DazStudio version of this scene. Bonus also that it renders quite fast.

There'll be a lot more to go into this scene but the foundations are in place. :)

Wow! I would love this...I've been wanting something along these lines for a while. : )
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Oh my!! Speechless!

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Looks rather World of Warcraft. I like it!

And I read World of Watercraft ... LOL

Lovely scene - I do hope for a DS version.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

This looks awesome! Keep up on doing the good work!

Love, Jeanne

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

Thats great! I can see it appealing to the elves and pixies fanatasy types... as well as surrealists :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

How Howie . . . I like!!! This reminds me more of an Avatar scene. :-)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    edited December 1969

This looks great, and I'd definitely be interesed in a DS version :)

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,544
    edited December 1969

Nice :) I would love a DS version, as well, if you can do it.

• WitchStormWitchStorm Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Is there any chance of a Poser version?

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 584
    edited December 1969

Is there any chance of a Poser version?

At this stage there are no current plans - I don't have any copies of Poser, indeed haven't used Poser since version 1 sometime back in the 90's.

Will have to see how the DS version goes before Poser gets a consideration. On my software plate to learn at this present time are; Modo 6, Vue 11, Carrara 8.5, DS 4.5, 3D-Coat 3.7... not much room for Poser in the near future :(

So not saying definitely "No", but don't hold your breath either.