Walnut Dresser

edited December 2012 in Freebies

http://www.childeoffyre.com

Okay, so I started playing around in Wings again (I know, dangerous, right?), and I wound up with this little dresser. It's just a static prop (the drawers do not open), but I think it might be low-poly enough to be used for background filler and the like. I included the texture seen in the promos as well as a template to make new textures for it if you want. Please note : I am absolutely NOT happy with how the texture template came out, but it really was the best I could do with the limited space i Had to work with on the screen in UV Mapper. lol.

Texture Note :
This prop uses both Poser Procedurals (on the handles ONLY), and ambient occlussion (multiple surfaces). Studio users MAY need to adjust those two settings inside of Studio. Consider this my disclaimer/fair warning for Studio users! LOL

Included :
one prop file (.pp2) with it's png thumbnail, texture map, and texture template

It can be found in the same section as the play blocks from the previous posting. Just click past the splash page, then click on "PROPS" in the LEFT-hand side navigation menu, and the thumbnail will be on the very bottom of the page that loads into the right frame. I've included the promo image and thumbnail image here on the post so you know what you're looking for.

Enjoy... have fun with it, guys.

Post edited by Seliah (Childe of Fyre) on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much, it renders quite well in DS 4.5, a very useful prop.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

I am a collector of props, so this makes me happy, thank you!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Thank, that looks very useful. :-)

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited December 1969

That looks real nice. thank you.

• edited December 1969

Welcome, ya'll!

JimmyC -
    Thank you for the feedback! I was wondering how well (or not) it would work in DS. How do the handles come out in DS? Those are what I used Poser procedurals on for the texture. What does DS do with those procedurals?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 2012

The first one, the handles look a little brown which is how the Poser shader comes out. I put a shader on which was made for the Supersuit, and it is supposed to be Gold, but it comes out a bit like stainless steel. I like it anyway.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to say thanks again for this, it looks really well, and will be very useful.

Rend_2.jpg
    600 x 580 - 120K
    Rend_1.jpg
    600 x 580 - 119K
    Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

That's interesting. The steel-ish look is very interesting with the gold border on the drawers! LOL I tried very hard to do a decent image-drawn texture for the handles and couldn't get anything I liked, so I wound up making shaders instead.

Thanks for taking the time to do the example renders - much appreciated!