New User with Download Problems

2»

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited June 2012

HI jsma2012 :)

I hope you're aware that the free software offer from Daz 3D is still running...
    The offer gives you Daz Studio4 Pro, Bryce, and Hexagon.
    All currently Free...

Having read through your post,.. It seems like your problem is with the browser you're using and possibly the settings in that, (not giving you the option to Download and "Save" the file to your computer), rather than the order not being processed, or not being made available to you.

You're on the main Daz3D Help forum, (new users help section) and there is no other Daz 3D Forum.
    there is a way to contact Daz, and that would apply if you had a problem with your order being processed or filled, but as I understand it, the files are available for you to download in your account page.

The good news is that any products you purchase here, remain in your account, and can be reset to download any time.
    so, they're safe..

We just need to figure out why your browser won't allow you to Download, and Save a file to your computer...

It could be that there is some security software running on your system which is preventing that option,..
    Or,. you could be logged in as a user who doesn't have permission to save files on that machine.

Can you first, try Logging into an administrator account (or checking that you have permission to download and save files on that system)

You can also try going to a reliable download site, like www.downloads.com, and try downloading something, (just to see if you get the option to "Save the file"

If you don't get the option to "Save" the file,. and you're logged in as an Administrator, then we need to look at what other security software you're running which could prevent you from saving files to your computer.

Hope it helps

Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2012

Yeah weather is getting pretty bad up here on this South Wales mountain as well now, but at least we don't have any fears of flooding up here.

Why do you think you need to go to another forum, this forum is designed to guide New Users like you through all their teething problems without any of the rough and tumble that can happen in other forums.

As I said last night, I would temporarily disalbe Zone Alarm, and downnloand the files that way. Once you have them safel donwloaded, then run Zone Alarm over them to reassure yourself that it is in fact just an overzealous AV..

I have had to do this several times recently, as my AV have upgraded their definitions to Paranoia status. Well not quite the same, with Avast I can just tell it to download anyway, even though it is flagging up a possible proble, Avast does do that rather than simply disabling the download. I also have an ability to download into a sandbox, if I am really worried, but I can assure you that you will not need to do that with any downloads from Daz3D.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

OK, I have just reset my download for the celestial hair, and I am getting it as a zip file, Just the one download, no distinction as to whetere it is for PC or mac, no ds or poser files, just the one zip.

Was your download showing as a zip, or an exe.

If it was an exe, I suggest you reset your donwload in your itemised order history.

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:

I hope you're aware that the free software offer from Daz 3D is still running...
    The offer gives you Daz Studio4 Pro, Bryce, and Hexagon.
    All currently Free...

Ah.....I'd forgotten thanks will get onto it asap !

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yeah weather is getting pretty bad up here on this South Wales mountain as well now, but at least we don't have any fears of flooding up here.

Similar to Exmoor then....!

edited December 1969

jsma2012 said:
    chohole said:

Sort of. I am just very slightly south of the Brecon beacons National Park, and the water is runnign downhill outside on the road.

Did you see my query about whether you got zips or exe in your downloads. Up there a bit.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    jsma2012 said:
    chohole said:

Sort of. I am just very slightly south of the Brecon beacons National Park, and the water is runnign downhill outside on the road.

Did you see my query about whether you got zips or exe in your downloads. Up there a bit.

I'm just south of the Moor shades of Lynmouth being recalled....
    Yes seen all the posts thanks. What's the first thing to do upload everything and then take it from there ?

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:

The good news is that any products you purchase here, remain in your account, and can be reset to download any time.
    so, they're safe..

We just need to figure out why your browser won't allow you to Download, and Save a file to your computer...

It could be that there is some security software running on your system which is preventing that option,..
    Or,. you could be logged in as a user who doesn't have permission to save files on that machine.

Can you first, try Logging into an administrator account (or checking that you have permission to download and save files on that system)

You can also try going to a reliable download site, like www.downloads.com, and try downloading something, (just to see if you get the option to "Save the file"

If you don't get the option to "Save" the file,. and you're logged in as an Administrator, then we need to look at what other security software you're running which could prevent you from saving files to your computer.

Hope it helps

Thank you downloading everything now !

Not a techie so apologies in advance, but it's my own computer so if I understand you correctly no admin involved.... Yes tried CC Cleaner via download.com and was given the option to save file.

Thanks again for mentioning the free offer !

edited December 1969

chohole said:

As I said last night, I would temporarily disalbe Zone Alarm, and downnloand the files that way. Once you have them safel donwloaded, then run Zone Alarm over them to reassure yourself that it is in fact just an overzealous AV.

Is bypassing ZA the same thing as disabling as I bypassed/ ignored it last night ? As I said it still didn't make any difference as there was still no Save option ?

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

Last I heard, you had to uninstall Zone Alarm to make it quit entirely. (Reinstall it afterward).

Just to be clear, when you talk about "Save"...

Do you mean "Save" when you are downloading, or when you are running the install?

Install won't give you a Save option. That's normal.

edited December 1969

It was downloading he was having a probelm with.

edited June 2012

chohole said:
    OK, I have just reset my download for the celestial hair, and I am getting it as a zip file, Just the one download, no distinction as to whetere it is for PC or mac, no ds or poser files, just the one zip.

Was your download showing as a zip, or an exe.

If it was an exe, I suggest you reset your donwload in your itemised order history.

An .exe. I actually reset yesterday and again just now but it's still not going through ?? - see attachment

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Edited to remove over-sized images http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/510_98/

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:
    Last I heard, you had to uninstall Zone Alarm to make it quit entirely. (Reinstall it afterward).

Just to be clear, when you talk about "Save"...

Do you mean "Save" when you are downloading, or when you are running the install?

Install won't give you a Save option. That's normal.

Hi, no not re-installing ZA just bypassing/ ignoring its heuristic warning. The Save option doesn't appear when downloading, only Run or Cancel.

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

What I mean to say, is that people have had to uninstall Zone Alarm.

Parts of it would continue to run, when it was disabled.

That may not be true anymore. I'm not sure.

edited December 1969

Go to your Itemised history, and hit the reset button next to the items. I found them in my list under "C" for celestial, reset and got a zip file rather than the exe.

I think they may be in the process of changing files to the newere zip format, and it is throwing up the errors because you are trying to download the older format file, which actually no longer exists as such,

If you understand what I mean, I do admit to a fair amount of Irish in my make up, so I made need a translator. :)

edited December 1969

I've reset ok several times in Itemised History but when you say you found them in your list under "C" which list is that as I can only find my wishlist ? The file will still be available though eventually as I'm really anxious to start, that is once I've understood everything so hope there's a good instruction manual.

Sounds like all they problems I allus 'as too on market days wot wi' auctioneer goin' on such....%-P

edited December 1969

jsma2012 said:
    I've reset ok several times in Itemised History but when you say you found them in your list under "C" which list is that as I can only find my wishlist ? The file will still be available though eventually as I'm really anxious to start, that is once I've understood everything so hope there's a good instruction manual.

Sounds like all they problems I allus 'as too on market days wot wi' auctioneer goin' on such....%-P

Click on "My Account" right up at the top of the scren at teh right, takes you to My dashboard. In the menu on the left you will see "Itemised Order history", click on that and it will show you all the files you have purchased so far.

The downloads for the free software offer won't actuall show up in there though, only items that you take through the checkout.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think they may be in the process of changing files to the newere zip format, and it is throwing up the errors because you are trying to download the older format file, which actually no longer exists as such,

Any further news on the situation and progress please as the files are very much needed....??

edited December 1969

Have you tried resetting your downloads, in order to see if this time round you get a zip file instead of the dpc.exe.

edited December 1969

Yes but unfortunately still nothing. Thanks.

edited December 1969

So it is not changing the files in your Downloadable products ?

edited December 1969

No not yet....

edited June 2012

Strange. OK I purchased the hair some time ago, when it first came out, so it wasn't already in my downloadable products. On reset I got a file which is just called 5815.zip (I only reset the hair, not all of the items you have. )

I don't know quite what too suggest now. It may be time for you to submit a support ticket to sales dept, although I wwanr you they are a bit stressed at the moment.

You MAy or nmay not have realsied that you became a member of the Daz3D community at a very complicated time. :coolsmirk:

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Strange. OK I purchased the hair some time ago, when it first came out, so it wasn't already in my downloadable products. On reset I got a file which is just called 5815.zip

Another thing that needs to be fixed. Some people don't install everything right away. A file name with just a number is not intuitive at all. On the couple that I downloaded so far, I put the product title into the file name in the Save dialog before saving it.

Dana

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I've started a bug report asking for better naming: https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=47003

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Thank you. Sad that it has to be requested, though. :long:

Dana

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Strange. OK I purchased the hair some time ago, when it first came out, so it wasn't already in my downloadable products. On reset I got a file which is just called 5815.zip (I only reset the hair, not all of the items you have. )

I don't know quite what too suggest now. It may be time for you to submit a support ticket to sales dept, although I wwanr you they are a bit stressed at the moment.

You MAy or nmay not have realsied that you became a member of the Daz3D community at a very complicated time. :coolsmirk:

Thanks, yes I've already submitted one so hopefully something soon....
    edited December 1969

OK. Has your wild weather died down any? Up here the wind is getting a bit annoying. We live in an old cottage which has been renovated to make it open plan downstairs, with the front door opening straight out to the front garden from the main room. The wind is in just the right direction to make the letterbox rattle in the gusts, which has the catlings running around trying to find out whether someone is really going to come in, or something is going to come through the letter box.

They are typical catlings, eternally curious at everything that is going on.

edited December 1969

Still gusting pretty heavily from the South West but the barometer's gone up from about 980mbs to about 1007mbs in the last couple of hours and the forecast is much calmer tomorrow and for the rest of the week, though the usual mix of rain and sun till next Tuesday when another lot's due. Usual thing a big high stuck over the Azores so until it moves more of the same unfortunately. Sounds a bit exposed where you are, I'm in one of the valleys running off the Moors so we don't get too much wind even if there is no mobile signal. Clear nights you can see the lights of Swansea or Cardiff not sure which, which makes it a bit surprising that Exmoor's been given a clear skies award !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/8818770/Exmoors-night-sky-given-protective-status.html

edited June 2012

Yeah they are hoping to get it for Brecon as well

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17316599

I find it quite amazing up here, as although we can see the lights right down the valley, compared to where I used to live it is great, can see starts at night, well on clear nights, something we could never do living near London.