Poser Pro 2012 + DSON Importer + Windows 8 Pro

With Poser Pro 2012 (SR-3.1) running under Windows 8 Pro, any Genesis figure imported using the DSON Importer (1.0.0.27) causes Poser Pro 2012 to crash while trying to pose the figure.

After importing a Genesis figure and using dials to pose the figure, Poser Pro 2012 crashes after manipulating several dials.

This behavior does NOT occur with non-Genesis figures like Michael 4 in a scene alone. If an imported Genesis figure is in a scene with a non-Genesis figure, manipulating the dials on either figure causes Poser Pro 2012 to crash after moving several body parts.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I don't have this problem but I am on mac.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

Not had this problem, I'm on Win 7.

You might try reinstalling your Poser service release. One thing I have noticed is after you install DSON, Poser acts a bit funky until you reinstall the service release. I had this experience both with Poser 9 and 2012

• colin1@pacbell.net[email protected] Posts: 143
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried that, but it made no difference.

There appears to be a resource allocation bug when Poser Pro 2012 tries to respond to dial changes in a DSON-Imported Genesis figure.

Again, this ONLY happens on DAZ Genesis figures imported using the DSON Importer. All other non-Genesis figures behave as expected when dials are moved.

I hope DAZ steps up to the plate and begins testing with Windows 8 Pro so these issues can be resolved.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

OMG!!

There was I about to seriously consider going for the £14.99 Windows 8 upgrade and I find this. That's worrying! I hope they can sort this out too. They have till the end of February as that's when the offer runs out!

Come on guys, I want this new OS!

CHEERS!

PS (Is your PP2012 designated to Run As Administrator!?)

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

My PP2012 is designated to Run As the Tyrannical Domineering Dictator of my Life

edited December 2012

I had the most issues in PP2012 before I told Win 7 to do Run As Administrator when I right clicked the icons for the Poser exe and its desktop icon. If Win 8 has the same type of permissions then it could be something to check. With the exe you check Run As Administrator under the Compatibility tab and it's under Advanced on the desktop shortcut.

CHEERS!

Post edited by Rogerbee on
    edited December 2012

Another thing to try would be running PP2012 in compatibility mode for Windows 7. There's a compatibility tab in the properties you bring up when you right click the PoserPro.exe in Program Files.

Which anti virus software are you running? Someone said that, after getting Windows 8, their anti virus program, Avast, did an update that was interfering with PP2012 and causing issues. I would switch to Microsoft Security Essentials and see if there are any issues after you do that.

I'm no expert and am only going by what other people have said in regard to other issues, I haven't found anyone else that has had the same issue you have.

I still want to hold off on getting Win 8 till we get to the bottom of this one, just to be on the safe side.

CHEERS!

edited December 2012

I asked Smith Micro and they say that PP2012 is fully compatible with Windows 8 so they must think that it's a DSON issue. There have been no other reports of DSON issues regarding Windows 8 in the Daz bug reports.

Colin, please come back and let us know if you were able to fix this. If you haven't managed to, please could you file a bug report here:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/login_page.php?return=/view.php?

CHEERS!

• edited December 1969

it does the same thing in win 7 64 and win xp 64 it is on the daz side.