Copying a pose from a magazine

TarakTarak Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

The answer to this may be, just get in and do it.

I want to copy a pose from a magazine so I can see it from other angles - has anyone got any hint or tips on doing this - a single photograph at an odd angle.

How I was going to tackle it was find a pose as close as possible from my library and then adjust it.

Thanks

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I think you've answered your own question there. There is no fast-track method for copying poses from an image besides eyeballing it and manually positioning the model into place. Use of poses can help sometimes, but whenever I work from reference I prefer to start with a zeroed figure. That said, I generally work with the sliders to create poses rather than the click-drag method. It's a lot more accurate and doesn't move any part of the body you don't want to move.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Tarak said:
    The answer to this may be, just get in and do it.

I want to copy a pose from a magazine so I can see it from other angles - has anyone got any hint or tips on doing this - a single photograph at an odd angle.

How I was going to tackle it was find a pose as close as possible from my library and then adjust it.

Thanks

That is the only way I think, I don't know of any fancy techie solutions :)

You could always load your image either as a Background, or apply it to a Plane Primitive so that you can see it while you are moving limbs and things. If it is applied to a Plane, you could adjust the opacity in the Surfaces pane to help you see it better?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

We actually had a New Users COntest about this, and there are quite a few hints and tips within the WIP thread here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3450/

• TarakTarak Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

Thanks chohole - that is goddam a near text book on the subject :) - thanks Herald and Jimmy also :) Now all I need is a stable version of DAZ 4.5, mine crashes on start-up :(

Post edited by Tarak on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Tarak: Have you discovered Power Pose yet? You have it. It's amazing to me how easy it is to make poses using that when you have the Power Pose tab open across from Parameters.

I've been taking characters from their default pose and getting a halfway decent base pose in about five minutes.