Problem With Buccaneer Basics?

Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,294
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I got the Advertisement in my email with the Buccaneer Basics being 100% discounted, so I tried to put it in my cart, yet it says I can only purchase 1 when I haven't even gone through checkout and it says my cart is empty. I tried clearing cookies and all and restarted my browser, yet it still says I can only purchase one. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

CalieVee said:
    I got the Advertisement in my email with the Buccaneer Basics being 100% discounted, so I tried to put it in my cart, yet it says I can only purchase 1 when I haven't even gone through checkout and it says my cart is empty. I tried clearing cookies and all and restarted my browser, yet it still says I can only purchase one. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This kind of thing happens to me a lot. Make sure you log in. If you're logged in, log out then log in again. If the same situation happens again add something else to the cart. Then show cart (not check out) and it should now list both things. Delete the one you just added and you should be good to carry on.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,294
    edited December 1969

That did the trick, thanks to this weeks freebie now available...Thank you and I will remember that tip in the future.

I am slightly confused about something though, aside from the fact you have pc or mac downloads, this time there was poser companion and legacy along with the DSON to download, so now I am not sure what to download, as I use Daz.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 2012

Legacy are for DS 4.0. Poser Companion files are for Poser and DSON are for DS 4.5 and Poser, but I have also seen DSON for Poser.

Post edited by ledhead on
  • DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Yes, I can confirm what Ledhead has said is right.

I downloaded all three yesterday, and installed both DSON, and Legacy into separate dummy installs.

I am using DSPro4.5, so the correct install is the DSON file.

The Legacy was identical, but contained no .duf files. Only .dsf for DS 4.0 series. If you are using 4.0 series, then this is the one to install.

Of course, the Poser Companion Files are only to be installed into Poser with DSON/Genesis support.

Side note: Would be nice if DAZ would list this info on the download page, so one doesn't have to guess, or trial-n-error.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:

Side note: Would be nice if DAZ would list this info on the download page, so one doesn't have to guess, or trial-n-error.

Good point!

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,294
    edited December 1969

I completely agree, I thought DSON was strictly to use Genesis items in Poser, so didn't grab it, so going back to get it. Legacy was the new one on me, seen the word around but did not know what it referred to and normally Poser stuff is listed as just Poser not Poser Companion. Seems downloads have become unnecessarily complicated

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:

Would be even nicer if the names in the download links were consistent, non-identical, and the right way round, so we could tell which is which without downloading to see what we get. :roll: