Can't get my lights to show up in my sub menu

So I just got the Camp fire cooking render set from DAZ and I have loaded it in to the program files and the Light set is not showing up. I have tried to reconfigure the install and nothing. I have downloaded the resource files and loaded them too and nothing.

-Seth

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969
  • edited December 1969

Yes

edited December 1969

Okay, it might be that it installed under Content rather than my library. It's an older set, so it at least goes back to DS3, possibly 2.

What you could do is this: install the thing in a folder tree separate from DAZ Studio. Then you can look for all your files there, see if they show up.

OH: just occurred to me, are you looking at all under the Poser library under Lights in your content?

• edited December 1969

No the DAZ folder for light

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312
    edited December 1969

As wancow says its an older set, the lights will be Poser lights so you will find them in the Poser library, however Poser lights are not very good in DS. Lights are one of the things that don't translate well.

edited December 2012

I think these are supposed to work in DS. But I think also he's looking for them in the wrong place, though I cannot be sure.

In your Content tab you have the option to go to the POSER FORMATS. It is there where you should look:
    Poser Formats/My Library/Lights

It is highly unlikely they'll show up in any of the DAZ folders. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this would date back to DS2, which would have used the Poser libraries extensively.

Post edited by wancow on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Well I am not sure they are in the installer to be honest. I have looked all over, reset my downloads and the lights and Poseable smoke is nowhere to be seen.

I think this one calls for a bug report as it will have to go to Q&A.

If you make a bug report and post the link here I will add to it.

edited December 1969

Szark, did you install into a separate folder tree and look for them? That was one of the first things I suggested...

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

LOL Yes I did and looked everywhere and I have the original in a small Content folder and the lights and poseable smoke is nowhere to be found in both the new installation and old.

edited December 1969

ow, now that just sucks... :(

I was sure hoping they were in some obscure place... I was going to put the thing on my wishlist because of the way that fire looked...