Modern wall mounted or free standing Pay Phone wanted

SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
edited December 2012 in The Commons

I have been searching most of the day using all sorts of search parameters and apart from Turbo Squid I haven't found a descent Modern Pay Phone. shareCG, RDNA and Rendo didn't come up with anything worth while so I am wondering does anyone know of one? Even if it is a separate part of a bigger scene. Urban Sprawl 2 and Urban Future 3 and 4 don't have any.

Post edited by Szark on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

I think one of maclean packs came with a nice one.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I think that's because pay phones are an endangered species...

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Cheers Frank. Had a look and all I could find was a Red Phone Box......I am after a more modern look or sci-fi looking one will do. Not bothered about how good the textures are as I can make new ones.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I was about to ask: is there such a thing as a modern pay phone?

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    lol too true. Here in the UK I haven't seen a red phone box in years.
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I was about to ask: is there such a thing as a modern pay phone?
    yes there used to be big red wooded and glass windowed boxes now we have Glass with metal frames and open booth wall mounted types in airports etc. :P
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

We don't have many around here either.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I had one. It came with a vandalized version and a good version. One could actually make the character talk on it too.
    I think it may have been part of trash street by Trekkie grrl. not sure though.

Screen_shot_2012-12-09_at_10.27_.41_AM_.png
    680 x 968 - 865K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2012

Szark said:
    mjc1016 said:
    lol too true. Here in the UK I haven't seen a red phone box in years.

I think the BBC bought them all up to paint them blue...

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

esther perfect thank you. It have found it on Rendo you were correct. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/trash-street-1-2-combopack/23752

mjc well flying through space time wears them out. :)

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

Happy to help. wow it was ages ago that I made that comic page and I still remembered. I do remember repositioning the phone into my scene.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Szark said:

mjc well flying through space time wears them out. :)

And they do tend to end up in strange places, especially in Wales
    tardis.jpg
    412 x 549 - 100K
    edited December 1969

What do you expect it's Wales (disclaimer I am half Scottish and half Welsh so I am allowed to take the mess)

edited December 1969

Well in England the red phone boxes sometimes do hide, so they don't get kidnapped by the BBC.

red_ohone_box_hiding.jpg
    304 x 171 - 21K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,662
    edited December 1969

There used to be serried ranks of red phone boxes beside the railway lines, somewhere just before or after East Croydon as I recall.

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Down in the SE I think they've all been kidnapped by pubs and rich people for their gardens.

edited December 1969

Or made into fancy sculptures like the one in Kingston. Red telephone boxes

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 2012

I included a red UK one in my Streets pack. See pic. (Sorry. Don't have another pic handy).

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/streets/

mac

streets_pop05.jpg
    500 x 650 - 65K
    Post edited by maclean on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    edited December 1969

When would you need this by?
    I was thinking of making one (standard 80s - 00s American type), but I figured there would be some out out there already.
    The cord was also a problem because I don't yet know how to rig a posable cord... I thought of making it as a static, "not in use" (hung up) version in which the hand set and (non posable) cord could be turned off (invisible), with a separate hand set with no cord that would load separately which one could then use one of the posable cords available as freebies (like the one from MostDigitalCreations) to properly "wire" the handset... seemed too incomplete as most people would probably need it to be rigged and would not want to bother setting up the wire themselves, even if it was a freebie.

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412
    edited December 1969

I had a few in my props folder. The graffiti-covered phone booth came from The Bowery Props. The phone box is from Predatron's City Streets, and the last phone booth was an RDNA newsletter freebie. I don't know if those are kept in the freebies archive, but if not, you could always ask Traveler if it might become available again.

phonestuff.jpg
    1200 x 950 - 486K
    edited December 1969

lordvicore thank you for the offer but I think the choice I have now will do fine. I am not in a hurry though. Again thank you.

mmalbert Thank you the first two look great, second being what I am after.