Problem with free item

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello. I am new to all this so please forgive my ignorance in this matter. I just signed up here and I have two items in the My Cart button thingy. A friend sent me a link she got to get your program and a free Buccaneer Basics outfit. The email said if I got the program I could get this outfit and the discount would be applied. My problem is that when I try to check out, it wants information for either PayPal or Credit Card and I have neither of those things. Also, it's not showing up as free. Is there anyone here who can help me with this?

Jackie Sanders

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Hello. I am new to all this so please forgive my ignorance in this matter. I just signed up here and I have two items in the My Cart button thingy. A friend sent me a link she got to get your program and a free Buccaneer Basics outfit. The email said if I got the program I could get this outfit and the discount would be applied. My problem is that when I try to check out, it wants information for either PayPal or Credit Card and I have neither of those things. Also, it's not showing up as free. Is there anyone here who can help me with this?

Jackie Sanders

Only have the one item in your cart. Follow through with the wizards ... after passing the address page, where one would normally then input payment type, it should show no payment required, click the proceed with the order button ... then there should be a page for final check ... do NOT click "place order" unless it is there then saying it is free. If it says "$0.00" ... then "place order" ... and wait a bit. It'll pop back with a page saying your order has been successful and that your downloads are now available. There's a link on the page to your downloads section and there will be several installers to choose from.

• edited December 1969

I was able to get the program without any problems about payment, yet I still can not get past the choose credit card or pay pal to get the Buccaneers Outfit. It insists I choose one, yet I can't because I do not have a credit card or use pay pal. Also, it does not show up free for me, despite the fact the ad said it would be.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Thread moved to the Commons as it is not an offer of a freebie.

If you did not receive an email yourself for this offer, then you will not be able to get this product free. The only people who receive it free are the people to whom the emails were addressed.

edited December 1969

Well if that's the case, then a lot of people didn't get emails that Daz3d thinks is getting emails. So far as I've been able to ascertain, there's no rhyme nor reason as to why some are able to get the freebie and others not. However I expect that the company will set everything straight when they have time.

By the way while I've been signed up for emails, I very seldom see one.
    It would be rather helpful if the emails were also listed in the forum for us to read. Could be thrown into our accounts or something so one has to be signed in to read them.

edited December 1969

I was able to get the program without any problems about payment, yet I still can not get past the choose credit card or pay pal to get the Buccaneers Outfit. It insists I choose one, yet I can't because I do not have a credit card or use pay pal. Also, it does not show up free for me, despite the fact the ad said it would be.

Just an idea, did you install and run the program yet, putting in the serial key while online?
    Another person who was unable to access the clothing set for free, didn't even have D/S downloaded. As far as I can determine, the offer is for those who have downloaded D/S [and presumably installed it].

While the offer was also for new members, this store has been calling everybody a new member and members both old and young have been receiving/not receiving the offer. So what exactly the glitch is we the customer, cannot tell.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Please note that the Email was sent out on 8th December, so if someone did not have an account on that date then they would not have received the email.

• BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

maybe if you click on either credit card or paypal it will let you purchase it without taking you to paypal or asking you to enter your credit card as it is a zero price item