Looking for wars of lace uniforms

maddaz111maddaz111 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I am looking for detailed and realistic uniforms for the Lace Wars - particularly Marlburian 1700-1713 ish period.

anyone got any suggestions and want to contact me.

I want to use them to illustrate a free uniform guide for miniature wargamers, and I want to show evolution of drill.

thanks if you can help

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

maddaz111 said:
    I am looking for detailed and realistic uniforms for the Lace Wars - particularly Marlburian 1700-1713 ish period.

anyone got any suggestions and want to contact me.

I want to use them to illustrate a free uniform guide for miniature wargamers, and I want to show evolution of drill.

thanks if you can help

Hi,
    I tried googling and couldn't find Marlburian but did find Marlborough was that what you are looking for? If you could post some images that may help people to point you in the right direction.

cheers

Pen

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The Lace wars is a sort of made up concept for war gaming and/or reenactment rather than an actual war. Think roughly Jacobite.

• maddaz111maddaz111 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The wars of lace is not a made up description. It is an almost contemporary descriptor of both the War of the Spanish Succession, the Great Northern War (between Sweden and Russia) and the later wars of Austrian Succession.

Saying its like the Jacobite rebellion (which one would be my question) would be saying there was no difference between The Great War and the Second World war.

The Marlburian period is a common usage of the fact that one of the great commanders of the period was John Churchill, the Duke of Marlborough.

Its called the war of lace because (either)

1) The battles in the low countries were fought around towns and cities famed for the lace trade
    2) the uniforms of the soldiers were elegantly tailored with yards of lace.

(any good history book will have this information in, since it was one of the most important wars in history)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

maddaz111 said:
    The wars of lace is not a made up description. It is an almost contemporary descriptor of both the War of the Spanish Succession, the Great Northern War (between Sweden and Russia) and the later wars of Austrian Succession.

Saying its like the Jacobite rebellion (which one would be my question) would be saying there was no difference between The Great War and the Second World war.

The Marlburian period is a common usage of the fact that one of the great commanders of the period was John Churchill, the Duke of Marlborough.

Its called the war of lace because (either)

1) The battles in the low countries were fought around towns and cities famed for the lace trade
    2) the uniforms of the soldiers were elegantly tailored with yards of lace.

(any good history book will have this information in, since it was one of the most important wars in history)

Maybe not entirely 'made up'...but definitely much more common in gaming usage than anywhere else (out of the first 100 Google hits, about 90% of them were gaming...both table top and computer related with a couple being SCA/re-enactor links)...

You will probably get better results searching by actual dates. There should be more SCA/re-enactor related stuff come up that way.

But as far as for items for Daz models...there's not going to be very much available (if anything). Kit-bashing and retexturing are the order of the day (>>>hint, hint...wink...nudge...pssst....Cho, that's your cue...)

edited December 1969

Was why I looked it up, to see if I could get a general idea. Not sure if any of Renapd and Thips stuff over at Rendo would work. Mostly their uniforms are Napoleonic.

Off hand I can't think of anything much for the 18th century.

THere is one uniform and a couple of dresses by Esha over at RDNA, but not quite authentic, really.

Not quite my normal Period to work in, as most know I prefer the 19th to early 20th Century.

It may help to ask in this thread, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1141/

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Was why I looked it up, to see if I could get a general idea. Not sure if any of Renapd and Thips stuff over at Rendo would work. Mostly their uniforms are Napoleonic.

Off hand I can't think of anything much for the 18th century.

THere is one uniform and a couple of dresses by Esha over at RDNA, but not quite authentic, really.

Not quite my normal Period to work in, as most know I prefer the 19th to early 20th Century.

It may help to ask in this thread, http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1141/

What about the Musketeers outfit? Is that one of Esha's? Sorry really brain dead at the moment...

edited December 1969

That was the one I was thinking about Pen, just couldn't remember what she had called it. It is not quite accurate for style lines in the costume, but good otherwise.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    That was the one I was thinking about Pen, just couldn't remember what she had called it. It is not quite accurate for style lines in the costume, but good otherwise.

It's hard to find stuff that are totally accurate...

edited December 1969

Yeah, some needs to persuade Renapd to do some other uniform stuff, although that is not likely to happen, asn it was THip that did most of the modelling, and he is taking a time out. Their Napoleonic stuff is really good.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yeah, some needs to persuade Renapd to do some other uniform stuff, although that is not likely to happen, asn it was THip that did most of the modelling, and he is taking a time out. Their Napoleonic stuff is really good.
    Maybe one day...