Minimizing DS automatically?

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I'm not sure how to describe this correctly, so please let me know if I'm garbled and not making sense.

On my other laptop, when I hit "render" in DS, the actual render window would automatically come up in FRONT of DS and start rendering. On my new laptop, with a complete clean install of DS, the actual render window opens UNDER the DS program, so I have to minimize DS to see it.

Also, if I have DS open, on my other laptop, I could hit a button from the taskbar - like for instance my browser which was minimized - and DS would automatically minimize and the other program would open. However on the new laptop, that doesn't happen. I have to actually manually minimize DS and THEN open up the other program from the taskbar.

Does this make sense?

I have a very vague recollection of once upon a time, doing something to DS so it would automatically minimize when I click on another program that is minimized in the taskbar, but i cannot recall what I did.

Can anyone help?

Running Win 7 pro 64bit if that helps.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,809
    edited December 1969

New system is behaving oddly - click the taskbar button to minimise is a Windows standard 9assuming the application has focus - if the problem is that it's losing it somehow then the first click will give it focus and a second should minimise it).

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I had to search a bit to find this, but if you go to the Window menu, there is an 'Always on Top' option which appears to be off by default. I checked the box, and I was not able to acess my taskbar which is set to autohide. When I unchecked it again, things were back to normal.

You could see if that has anything to do with your problem?

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

nope, second click doesn't. However, if I click on the DS icon in the taskbar while it's running, it will minimize itself and show the desktop.

edited December 1969

....and if my browser is full screen and i'm browsing the net, if i click on the browser button in the taskbar it automatically minimizes and shows the desktop. But DS doesn't do that.

edited December 1969

I had to search a bit to find this, but if you go to the Window menu, there is an 'Always on Top' option which appears to be off by default. I checked the box, and I was not able to acess my taskbar which is set to autohide. When I unchecked it again, things were back to normal.

You could see if that has anything to do with your problem?

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as soon as i unchecked that, DS will minimize as soon as I hit the button in the taskbar, AND the render window comes up.

Thank you JimmyC, you're a freakin' genius!!!!!!!!!! *happy dance*

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Aw Shucks :red:

Glad it's fixed, these things can be really annoying.

edited December 1969

LOL yes they are. Especially when you know it didn't do that before, and you're tearing your hair out trying to figure it out.

It's a brand new install of DS, so I spent DAYS trying to get my layout/UI the way I had it before, and now I'm trying to figure out optimal render settings, PLUS resetting and redownloading and reinstalling all my content. *dies*