Out of Memory problems

MrslamoriMrslamori Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi All,

I have an i-7 with 16Gb of ram, running Windows 7, but when I come to save a Bryce file I get the message that I am out of memory, I know this to be wrong as I have the resource monitor showing over 10Gb of free memory.
Is there some way to correct this issue ?

Slamori

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Bryce is a 32 bit application, and so it can only use up to 4 GB of memory depending on what OS you are using.

You can make it Large Address Aware (LAA), but I don;t know if that helps much, I will leave it to somone else to explain how to do that, and if it will help in your case.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Thanks Pete :-)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

My Pleasure Jimmy all part of backing and helping each other out. :)

• MrslamoriMrslamori Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks folks, will give it a try :cheese:

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Bryce is a 32 bit application, and so it can only use up to 4 GB of memory depending on what OS you are using.

You can make it Large Address Aware (LAA), but I don;t know if that helps much, I will leave it to somone else to explain how to do that, and if it will help in your case.

Actually unaltered the maximum amount of memory Bryce can use is 2GB's. If you make it Large Address Aware then it can use approximately 3.5GB's

The LAA tool does help quite a bit if one keeps things reasonable. Also it's good to understand that Bryce does everything in memory including what it saves in the undo buffer. So if you have been tweaking your scene alot and know you're about to do something that's going to be hard on memory like importing a detailed mesh with a high rez texture applied, via the Bryce/Studio Bridge then it's a good idea before you do that to save the scene you're working on, completely exit Bryce (to clear out the undo buffer). Then reopen Bryce, reload your scene and proceed with whatever memory intensive thing you were planning on doing.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

And don't forget that the file size of the .br7 file is no indication at all. It is loss-less compressed - by the way, compression is also done in memory.