Uncertain on where to report the bugs.

grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Within Daz Studio 4, all versions and working with M3, M4, V3 and V4, when I add and remove morphs (one right after the other to see how they would look on the character) my computers freezes up after approximately adding and removing the fourth morph. I wait a minute or two for the computer to respond again, but eventually I have to do a force shut down. When I'm working with Daz is the only time my computer freezes up.

I have Windows 7 home premium with 64 bit Operating system and 4 GB of RAM

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It may be a memory issue. Is this the 32-bit or 64-bit DS?

One way to cut down on memory usage is to load up the figure, inject morphs, and then save as a scene. Then, when you load that scene, the morphs that are set to zero don't use up RAM.

Another option is to clear unused textures (Ctrl-i) to make sure textures you aren't using are cleared out of memory. You can even work on the morphs with an untextured figure.

• grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

I'm using 64-bit DS. Thanks for the information on how to get rid of the on used texture.

edited December 1969

Are you running other programs at the same time? 4GB is not a lot, but it should be enough for trying out some morphs. What does "Help > Troubleshooting > About your Video Card" say?

edited December 1969

For some reason my 'trouble shooting' and 'system maintenance' won't come up. It acts like it want to, but it hangs up. I will do a scan disk tonight and let it run during the night and see if that helps.

As for the programs that I have open, I write fiction so Microsoft Word is aways open. one or more window explorer tabs are active. Other than that any other programs that are open are random. Tonight I have Ivona-reader open. I'm a lousy proofreader, so I'm currently listening to one of my stories and trying to pick out the errors by listening to it.

edited December 1969

I was meaning Help inside DAZ Studio, but it sounds like you may have something external going on. Can you bring up Task Manager and see how much memory is being used?

edited December 1969

I posted images of what you wanted to know.

Image2.jpg
    600 x 448 - 74K
    Image1.jpg
    466 x 554 - 99K
    edited December 1969

Okay, i had installed and maximized my Ram and then tested what was freezing my computer. My test was me maximizing and minimizing the head creature creator morphs. I was able to test more of the morphs than usual, but still, I was only able to test 40% of the head morphs before my computer froze.

Truthfully, what happens seems more like a memory leak. Because the first morphs loads and cancels just fine. The second morphs loads and cancels slightly slower and the third was loads and cancels even slower and etc. until my computer computer completely stops responding.

Image.jpg
    530 x 437 - 117K
    edited December 1969

Was this using Genesis or V4/M4?

edited December 1969

I was testing it while using V4

edited December 1969

Try this:

If Genesis loads when DS4 starts, go to Edit > Preferences > Startup and uncheck "Default Scene".

Load V4 with whatever morph sets you use injected (or all of them). Make sure there isn't anything else in the scene (e.g. default camera), and save that as a DAZ scene.

Shut down and restart DAZ Studio.

Load that DAZ scene, and see if you have the same problem when you try out different morphs.

edited December 1969

Your suggestion worked. I went through all of the head morphs in the creature creator and my computer didn't even slow down or fall behind once.

Thanks for your help.