* CLOSED* RRRR Sayings contest ( $150 in Prizes)

TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
edited January 2013 in The Commons

Hello, and welcome back to another mind-boggling, brain-twisting and great fun Random Runtime Roulette Render Contest.

Now, with the holidays approaching we're gonna have themed contest, on the theme sayings! Every nation has their own set of sayings this will be fun.

Who can play?

Anyone who can read this can play!

How do you prepare yourself for play?

The rules are very simple, but first you need to have all your items in some kind of order in a textfile, dumped from the itemized history into a text file or a spread sheet. Remove things like software, giftcerts, and special plugins from the list.
Then you use a randomizer to randomly pick 4 items from your list (your Runtime).

Randomizer that works well: http://www.random.org/

There are some situations where you allowed to redraw, these are:

- You picked something that doesn’t work, broken thing, only works in a version / software not used etc etc.

- You picked a software or add-on to a software or anything you should have filtered out from the list.

- You picked only huge environment props and will not be able to render a scene without crashing.

- You picked an item you already have been using in two RRRR renders in this content and that was picked randomly. Three is a curse - rule!

Bundles

If you pull a bundle, use two three complete items from it, or more if you like, but you do not need to use all, but only picking a hairpin from V4 Complete Bundle is “too little”. A bundle still counts as only one pulled item.

The rules of madness!

Now you have successfully picked 4 items, make a scene, you can add other items as well but the one you picked should be prominent or cleverly used. Render it, post it and make us all laugh! Remember though that the renders must follow the TOS of the forum. As the theme is sayings, your render must illustrate the saying. The sayings can be:
(a) An old traditional saying like: Never put all eggs in the same basket.
(b) Your own just invented saying, like : It's never too late to quit
(c) Or you can mix your saying from existing ones, like: Never put all eggs in the same pile of dung

The contest categories!

There are two categories, funniest and best, you get it. A fun render might not be a super great render but tells a fun story it will place whatever the viewer just put in the mouth on the screen and keyboard.

Contest duration!

It stats now, and will go on until the end of the year (if they Mayans were wrong), Dec 31 23:59:59 DAZ std time.

Yes, we have prizes, thanks to our sponsors!

This months sponsors so far:

Jaderail has put in $20 in DAZ GCs
Totte has put in $20 in DAZ GCs
Ken OBanion has put in $100 in DAZ GCs
Kaputcha has put in $10 in DAZ CGs

I hope we can attract some more sponsors. Sponsors may or may not participate in the contest, their own decision, I won’t lock anyone out just because they are generous to sponsor this. If you want to sponsor, send me a PM or post in the thread!

Bohemian3 has a special $10 CG prize to the best newcomer (the teacher in him could not resist the opportunity to promote learning)!

More to know?

I will might edit this when new info on sponsors arrive.

Maximum number of entries?
Yes, this time we limit the number of entries per person to seven. You can make more, but those beyond 7 will be N/A entries.

Are you ready to render? 3….2….1…..go!

Posting of entries.
To make voting easier, we will post the entries in this thread as usual, where we can chat and comment as usual, posting our pulls and so on. I will setup another thread ( http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12877/ ) where we only post the images with a tag Name and number, for example Spooky#1.
This way we can have the best of both worlds. One thread where we enjoy and comment and one thread that when voting starts will be easy to browse.

3......2......1.... We have a liftoff!

Post edited by Totte on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

Starting again so soon???? Well, there is no rest for the wicked! Hey -- that is a saying! Maybe I can work that in...

Good idea about the separate image thread.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Starting again so soon???? Well, there is no rest for the wicked! Hey -- that is a saying! Maybe I can work that in...

Good idea about the separate image thread.

Hot damn, another one! Game on, guys!

(And barbult, I'm kind of holding out for 'You can lead a horse to water, but you can't lead a horticulture!" But keeping it PG-13? That's why it's called a 'challenge'!)

Anyway, in the immortal words of Admiral Kirk, "May fortune favor the foolish!" (Star Trek IV: The Search for Spock) And in this contest, it almost always does!

Now I'm off to random.org, and to update my inventory spreadsheet. I've snagged a lot of cool stuff over the past couple of weeks, and I'm just itching for an excuse to use it. While I'm at it, maybe I should go up into the attic for my copy of Bartlett's; might come in handy....
    edited December 1969

Here's my first pull:

269 - Kaeel - Lord of Vampires
    897 - Novariens Holy for V4
    256 - BRC Serenity
    349 - Male Tees 'n' Tracks

This looks... do-able. (The 'sayings' it calls to mind are almost painfully obvious, though!)

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,654
    edited December 1969

Already????? Hehehe! :lol: :-) :cheese:

First Pull:
    Fantasy Castle 2011 - Castle Surround
    Brennan for Genesis
    Sanja for V4
    Simply Lit Enhanced - this is lighting w/HDRI and no background so I pulled another one (but will still use this too)
    Amoei

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

I am in as well again!
    Sayings?
    That should be fun!

• MarkHossackMarkHossack Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

I'll join in again. Hopefully I can get more than one done this time!

First roll:

576 Northern Guard for M3 Wild Hunt
    270 Female Tees n Tracks
    195 DM's Around the Lair (Renderosity)
    17 African Elephant

I get the idea this game hates me!!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

Pull #1
    #707 Worlds Of Fantasy : Medieval House
    #2570 Taylor Hair
    #1083 Colors for Trixy Hair
    #2823 Waiting in Line Too

OK, I see a saying here, not saying what, all I can say ;-)

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

Ok my #1 draw:

143 Sade
    156 The Graveyard
    103 Modern Landmower
    90 LB Creepy Trees Textures

Makes my think of the game plants VS Zombies XD
    This will be fun...

edited December 1969

Here's my first pull:

269 - Kaeel - Lord of Vampires
    897 - Novariens Holy for V4
    256 - BRC Serenity
    349 - Male Tees 'n' Tracks

This looks... do-able. (The 'sayings' it calls to mind are almost painfully obvious, though!)

And here's the result. Not very happy with the lighting, though. This scene just screams for atmospherics and volumetrics, which for some reason, just is not showing up in Poser. So I ended up just loading the default light set that came with the Serenity prop.

Also used:
    Not a whole lot, actually - April's Jamie Hair, a pair of shoes I had laying around. David (the Tees-n-Tracks outfit was made for both David and Michael 3; I went with David because Kaeel is a Michael 3 outfit; and David is smaller, more "vulnerable"-looking). The Beautiful Darkness textures for Serenity. Oh, and a flashlight, a 3-D Commune freebie from ShareCG.

Composed and rendered in Poser 9

Title: Sucks to be the Sidekick

The Saying: "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred!"
    (Come on, surely you guys remember Super Chicken!)

TAG: obanion#01
    RRRR_Sayings_01.png
    800 x 600 - 729K
  • IlenaIlena Posts: 280
    edited December 1969

Should I write down the text with all content and then toss it into the randomizer or do something else? I'd love to enter but I've no idea how to navigate the site.Is registration required?

edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:
    Should I write down the text with all content and then toss it into the randomizer or do something else? I'd love to enter but I've no idea how to navigate the site.Is registration required?

I copied all the lines from the itemized history into a "shit spread" (spread sheet) document. You can also snatch the lines from the purchase emails. You can also just put them in a plain text file. Or, of you want to use the Itemized history.'

First randomize you page (1...xcx), then randomize what item on that page. Options are endless!

I also added everything from "non-daz" places like rendo or YURdigital or RNDA and so forth, but that's me (did I say 2969 entries and counting). Pretty good for 2 1/2 years collecting only. That's an average of 3.2 items a day (Hiding this incriminating information from my wife).

edited December 2012

Great start Ken!
    I got my #1 cooking. Only two cores running right now so it's almost done, just some hair that takes time...

Edit: Ken, don't forget to post your render in the renders only thread!

Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 2012

Totte said:

Edit: Ken, don't forget to post your render in the renders only thread!

Thanks for reminding me, Totte! I just did it.

(I tried to do that earlier, but I had forgotten that you need to be logged in for the 'Post Reply' buttons to be visible! Yeah, I'm an idiot. And a shockingly absent-minded one, at that, 'cause after I logged in, I got side-tracked looking for something related to my next draw, and totally forgot what I logged in for in the first place!)

(EDIT: Typo!)

And speaking of my next draw, I better post that before I forget it, too!

Draw #2:
    1624 - Boots and Belt for Supersuit
    334 - Charlotta Hair Expansion Pack
    1321 - Zenia Styles
    1210 - Zeppelin Star

Okay, this one has 'Steampunk' written all over it! (Must be that Zeppelin thing.) But I have an idea....
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

#2570 Taylor Hair

TAG:Totte#1

Also Used:
    S5 Curvy + Keira + Imelda
    Genesis + EA Roger + Essence + Trixy Hair (for colors)
    DAZ Skeleton M4 + textures + Musketeer M4
    Them Bones

Title: When you wait for someone who has gone, you wait in vain.
    This is a famous travesty of on the saying "When you wait for something good, you never wait in vain.".
    Not as funny in English as in Swedish where the words good and gone sounds exactly the same ;-)

RS1-final.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 280K
    edited December 1969

Pull #2
    #93 Chavali Dragon
    #882 Banshee Flyer
    #833 anMPalmer's Goods Deck (Rendo)
    #2701 Timeless Victorian Bedroom

OK, looks like Science-Fantasy with a touch of Victorian, tricky!

• Lady WinterlaceLady Winterlace Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Since I got a bit addicted last time ... :)

First draw:

Lunar craters moonscape
    The last hiro
    Songbird remix second edition
    Millenium horse bundle

This is going to be fun!

Nice to see you all again!

edited December 1969

Nice to see you and everyone else here again! We got so many new addicts last run I almost lost count.

I think DAZ should make RRRR bundles (4 random items), if you have them already nothing is charged, else there is a standard fee or something, then you have to use those items. I think DAZ having an RRRR-Vendingmachine in the store could be their next golden egg hen.

(Are you listening DAZ?)

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Pull #2
    #93 Chavali Dragon
    #882 Banshee Flyer

I may draw a foul for collusion, but H. G. Wells springs to mind. With a little Oscar Wilde thrown in for a memorable quote. ("The one charm of marriage is that it makes a life of deception absolutely necessary for both parties." - The Picture of Dorian Grey)

I was thinking of all the 3-D purchases that you are hiding from the wife! ;-)
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Pull #2
    #93 Chavali Dragon
    #882 Banshee Flyer

I may draw a foul for collusion, but H. G. Wells springs to mind. With a little Oscar Wilde thrown in for a memorable quote. ("The one charm of marriage is that it makes a life of deception absolutely necessary for both parties." - The Picture of Dorian Grey)

I was thinking of all the 3-D purchases that you are hiding from the wife! ;-)
    haha!

You are a true bald wizard, you can quote the most different things. My machine is busy rendering some special christmas cards for the young ones in the family, all the nephews and such, many of then have horse obsessions so DAZ Horse 2 came very handy ;-)

• HoppittyHoppitty Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

A good start so far! :) Now I guess I'll have to get around to updating my list of products so I can participate... :P

edited December 2012

Draw #2:
    1624 - Boots and Belt for Supersuit
    334 - Charlotta Hair Expansion Pack
    1321 - Zenia Styles
    1210 - Zeppelin Star

Okay, this one has 'Steampunk' written all over it! (Must be that Zeppelin thing.) But I have an idea....

This one took on a life of its own, but I kind of like it. Had to come up with a different saying for it, though....

Also used:
    David
    Steampunk Cowboy for David
    Hell-bent for Leather (Texture set for Steampunk Cowboy)
    Michael 3 (wearing the Charlotta Hair, used the M3 fit - and a texture - from the Expansion Pack)
    Poet Shirt for M3
    Goth as Fashion for M3 and The Freak
    Mountain Rite
    Genesis Supersuit (duh!)

Composed and Rendered in DS4.5P

TAG: obanion#02

Title: When it came to the confrontation with the Masked Avenger, Dr. Demento turned out to be (and here's The Saying) "all hat, no cattle"

(And sometimes, it doesn't suck to be the sidekick!)

Seriously off-topic, but.... Happy Hanukkah, everybody!
    RRRR_Sayings_02.png
    800 x 600 - 561K
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

Here we go with Draw #3:

152 - Woodland Realm Playset Two (Eww, a Cyclorama texture - I hate those!)
    261 - Cyclopean Construction Kit (um, okay....)
    1356 - Enchanted Island (WTF?)
    1215 - Golf Clubs (Double WTF!?)

This one is liable to take a while. And the only Saying I can think of, I just used! Twice! (Three if you count the Double.)

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,027
    edited December 1969

"A Watched Pot Never Boils"

Draw:
    Hot Tub (The minute I saw this I knew what had to be done ;)
    Uptown Boy Hair
    Tasadur
    Elements Home Lithium

Boil.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Anyway, in the immortal words of Admiral Kirk, "May fortune favor the foolish!" (Star Trek IV: The Search for Spock) And in this contest, it almost always does!

I'm surprised nobody called me on this! The title of the movie wasn't The Search for Spock, it was The Voyage Home. (It was still Star Trek IV, though; that much I am certain of!)

Apparently, the RRRR crowd has a serious dearth of Trekkies! That's quite alright, it's a pardonable sin.
    edited December 1969

bohemian3 said:
    "A Watched Pot Never Boils"

Draw:
    Hot Tub (The minute I saw this I knew what had to be done ;)
    Uptown Boy Hair
    Tasadur
    Elements Home Lithium

What Californicators have to look forward to in Hell, I presume...!

Well done, great concept, and beautifully rendered!
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

TaishoBee said:
    Mt family isn't gonna have one,,,, so.. please remember me and my Sister.

Horse or Christmas card?

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,027
    edited December 1969

You can lead a hick to water...
    But you can't make him think

Old Village Water Pump
    Dawn for V5
    Suranian Priestess 2
    Mr. Hyde for Genesis (use just the shorts... which is stretching the rules a little )

Water.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

Back for more fun! It might be a while before I finish this but this is my first pull:

#958 Dies Nefastus
    #875 Space Shuttle
    #1052 Dream Home Entrance Lanai and Mud Room
    #413 The Hatter

Hmm, yeah, this will take me a while to figure out what to do with this...

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Totte said:

#2570 Taylor Hair

TAG:Totte#1

Also Used:
    S5 Curvy + Keira + Imelda
    Genesis + EA Roger + Essence + Trixy Hair (for colors)
    DAZ Skeleton M4 + textures + Musketeer M4
    Them Bones

Title: When you wait for someone who has gone, you wait in vain.
    This is a famous travesty of on the saying "When you wait for something good, you never wait in vain.".
    Not as funny in English as in Swedish where the words good and gone sounds exactly the same ;-)

Yeah, and I've already decided that I'm going to have to learn Swedish (you're in my Facebook NewsFeed, and I keep wondering, 'How can these people keep spilling coffee onto their keyboards - and how many keyboards do they go through on any given day!?)

I already have the Rosetta Stone CDs (I'm trying to learn Russian) - all I need is the language CDs: Swedish I and II.

Never stop learning! Never stop looking for new things to learn!

• ArtXtreme101ArtXtreme101 Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

So, I got

Beautiful Black HairStyles
    Diner Tableware
    Lantios Lights 2
    The Mage Poses

This should be interesting lol. :)