Vanishing created clothing cr2 (solved)

Ok, After grouping, I then go through the Figure Setup and create the clothing item. Then use the surfaces tab, to clean up the surfaces to the way I like. Then Export it as a cr2. However, when I call up the file as an item in the Content Library, the item loads, but is not visible in the workspace. This has happened to me before, and it I found it was because somehow some setting from M4's transparency was making it transparent, and I haven't had any problem since -- with maybe 10 outfits. But this one fixing the opacity setting doesn't seem to work.

What is the problem? How do I fix it?

Notes:
Pic 1 -- my figure setup settings
Pic 2 -- the created clothing before export, and the surface tab with the settings corrected
Pic 3 -- the item loaded after export. See, it is present in the Content library, selected in the scene, but does not show, and does not show up on the Surfaces tab.

Post edited by thedragonlord_e5129d5d1c on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Is the OBJ modelled to Poser scale?

• edited December 1969

yes it is

• edited December 1969

solved on my own.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

solved on my own.

Please post your solution so that other users can benefit from it. We are all here to help one another.

• edited December 1969

Somehow in my corrections in Hexagon I reversed the normals. So I reversed the normals back. And now it shows up. But the last time this happen, I didn't do anything with the normals.

So how can I tell if it's a normals problem in DS4.5?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't know if you can do it inside DAZ Studio, but if you use the bridge to Hexagon, and use Tools > Utilities > Orient Normals, it will show you which way the normals are facing, and you can correct it there.

It is very easy in a modelling program to reverse normals by accident, I have done it many times. I always check the normals in Hex before saving the object.

• edited December 1969

Yes, I that's how I checked my normals. Thanks for sharing.