ZamuelNow's Freebie Dial Spun Characters - 09/24/2013 A-ipil for Genesis

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited December 1969

One thread, interesting character :)

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Just released my newest character, Kurei, to ShareCG with a link in the first post. Also, all prior problems with Suka and Hinekuru should be fixed now.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Heh, Kellmann challenges Kurei to a... hmmm... since he actually has no brain, he's having trouble thinking of what to challenge Kurei with... or even figuring out what a challenge is... and who the heck is Kellmann? Geeze...

Nice work, Zamuel!

edited December 1969

Preview of my next character. Intriguingly, I actually started working on her before I started Kurei.

Drehen_Promo_1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 231K
    edited December 1969

OOOO I WANT HER! Hey... I'm thinking about making some freebie textures... I think I'll start by working one one for her!

edited November 2012

A Set of Textures for your new girl, Zamuel... you inspired me! Made from freebie merchant resources and my own eyebrows :)

http://www.ShareCG.com/v/65919/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Zamuels-Girl-Texture-Set-for-V4-UVS

Zip them up with your figure if you like them.

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

I'm incredibly flattered by this. I probably won't zip them in but that's more of a two part reasoning of keeping a semi consistent style to the promo images plus I think of these morphs more like building blocks so I prefer to keep these open to people's interpretations. What I do plan to do is at least one render with them. May be a bit before I do since I've got other's I'm working on but have been having crash issues.

Drehen (that's what I'm calling her) will likely be uploaded today or tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Well, then, the Textures shall be uploaded to ShareCG with the simple title "Zamuel's Girl" cuz you inspired me to go to work! I thank you for that.

edited December 1969

Drehen's been uploaded and first post updated.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the latest :)

edited November 2012

WARNING: Nudity...
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2388890
    FINALLY got this up! Drehen in all her glory :)

She FITS RIGHT INTO my little world... :) Not sure she likes that...

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

Should have held off on working on this since I have other things to do but I couldn't help it. Unfinished preview of my next morph...

Udongo.jpg
    800 x 800 - 186K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Should have held off on working on this since I have other things to do but I couldn't help it. Unfinished preview of my next morph...

Umm...is it just me or does he look like Mr. T?

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    ZamuelNow said:

Umm...is it just me or does he look like Mr. T?

My first thought! :)

edited December 1969

New character released with a link in the first post.

edited December 1969

This is a bit of a behind the scenes of sorts. The first character made, Suka, was a result of fiddling with the Die Trying morphs until I found something I liked. Once I decided I wanted to do more, I started looking for more info about how to share these while Suka managed to sneak into a number of my renders using different skins. I believe the current process of using Shaping Presets may be the best for my goals since it allows you to select individual parts when saving. Learned a few other things such as which shapes come default with Genesis in case I want to use those:

niccipb said:
    The default morph shapes are Basic Female, Male, Child, Body Volume, Bodybuilder, Heavy, Pear Figure, Pot Bellied and Thin

The default head morph shapes are Basic Female, Male, Child, Alien Humanoid and Head Propagating Scale

The default expressions are on the Head node in the Pose Controls under the Head category listed in expressions, Angry, Concentrate, Fear and Glare

As I started working on these, I wanted each to have a really different "idea" for their body types. Especially since the heads and bodies can now be swapped around. This is also why I use words for names (spin/dial/turn for the females and clay for the males) as opposed to actual names since I mostly think of these as a starting point though they work as characters in their own right. There was also feeling of these being a "need" of sorts since female characters aren't often presented with as many body types and there are simply fewer Genesis freebies than earlier figures. As far as the characters themselves:

Suka - Female - African - Full figured hourglass.
    Hinekuru - Female - Asian - Pear
    Kurei - Male - Asian - Athletic (Martial Artist)
    Drehen - Female - Caucasian - Athletic, Quirky and asymmetrical
    Udongo - Male - African - Athletic (Bodybuilder)

While there may be a bit of delay between these and the next, I do have a few more I want to do.

-Specifically want to do a Native American or Latina face since I feel that would "complete" the set, at least with the women. Figure it'll take a little while to get the face right. Also wanted to do a more supermodel themed body, though it would probably be more appropriately considered a voluptuous figure since fashion models tend to be thin. Main concern is making sure there's enough difference between this body and Suka's.

-Want to do at least one more male character but unsure if they will be Caucasian or Native American with me leaning more towards the former. With two athletic builds already done, this will probably be more of an "average" guy.

-I have one female build that I'm attempting as a bit of a challenge to myself. It will be among one of the very few of these that's overtly semi referenced off of something as opposed to being pulled from thin air. And no, Udongo actually wasn't meant to be based off anyone despite the guesses upthread. This would also be a chance to do a thin hourglass figure. What's interesting is that while I explicitly plan to release this some time after the Native American female, I'm actually farther along on working on this.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    And no, Udongo actually wasn't meant to be based off anyone despite the guesses upthread.

I've done some rendering with him...and he's fantastic. Plus, up close an personal, he's not all that close...it's more the base facial expression than anything else. In any case, I wouldn't want to run into him when he's in a bad mood...

edited December 1969

Wanna know what the funniest thing is? Due to the comments here, there's actually a Mr T inspired render I plan to make with Udongo when I find time. A rather specific freebie got released and I felt it absolutely had to be done when I find time.

Oh, and I'm curious to see your renders with him if you've got them in a gallery somewhere.

edited December 1969

Next preview of an unfinished character. Two things to note. First, the skin in this image won't be used in the final promos (It's Lena, a paid character, while all of my promo images use freebie character skins). Second...her name is long.

Adiqualadeyo.jpg
    800 x 800 - 165K
  • Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Thanks to a recent computer upgrade I'm only now am able to finally start playing with Studio 4.5 and Genesis. Right now I'm just bare bones, no characters, no add-on packs, no nuthin'. I did latch on to the DieTrying morph package which works well. All that being said, I've had fun running Hinekuru through her paces. I played with the figure a little and altered a few things, just to get the feel of working with the morphs in a new system and I think she's a great character. I ported her over to Bryce and came up with this. Now I gotta get the rest of them for even more fun. Thanks and keep up the great work. You've got a real knack for developing very distinctive, real life people and can't wait to see what the future has in store.

Female_Test_FINAL.jpg
    494 x 607 - 279K
    edited December 1969

Always glad to see people getting use out of these. Nice image btw. Out of curiosity, which shorts are those?

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    Always glad to see people getting use out of these. Nice image btw. Out of curiosity, which shorts are those?

There from Mamomamo. Shirt Set for V4/A4 Just click the link. 2nd Row, 2nd Item. I'm looking forward to doing more with this character and trying to work her into an approximation of one I did for V4. I can't afford all the Gex X plug-ins, Legacy Shapes...stuff I can't afford...the usual.

edited December 1969

I really do need to install the Mamomamo stuff I've downloaded but I was always quietly scared away from the legal. While they can be used for contests, was super wary about using them in some sort of promotional render or if I lucked out and ever got a commission request. Actually have a tendency to not even download freebies that are listed as purely non-commercial only.

Oh, while you're at it, don't forget to download wilmap's various freebies as well.

edited December 1969

ZamuelNow said:
    I really do need to install the Mamomamo stuff I've downloaded but I was always quietly scared away from the legal. While they can be used for contests, was super wary about using them in some sort of promotional render or if I lucked out and ever got a commission request. Actually have a tendency to not even download freebies that are listed as purely non-commercial only.

Oh, while you're at it, don't forget to download wilmap's various freebies as well.

I remember reading somewhere that she (I'm guessing she's a she) cleared all the work for commercial and non-commercial pieces. That could not be true or just a lousy translation, I don't know. It may be worth looking into if the need ever arises. I got out of the freelance rat race years ago (as a pen and pencil illustrator) so I don't worry about it. There would have to be quite an incitement to get me back into that madhouse. People still owe me money from my last go-around!

I've downloaded a couple of wilmap's pieces and they seem to work okay...except for one piece (I forget which one) makes the system crash every time. I'm probably not doing something right somewhere as I haven't heard of anyone else having problems. Hey, I'm still new at this...

edited December 1969

I've downloaded a couple of wilmap's pieces and they seem to work okay...except for one piece (I forget which one) makes the system crash every time. I'm probably not doing something right somewhere as I haven't heard of anyone else having problems. Hey, I'm still new at this...

Check the shoes. While I haven't used them yet, I remember a while back a few people were having some major problems with the shoes acting really weird and they got re-uploaded a few times.

edited December 1969

Zamuel, on R.com you spoke of making hair materials look good... I believe you may have to go in and take your hair maps, bump if it comes with one, or the base hair texture, and create a specularity map. I'm pretty sure it's key to it, or at least, I hope it is as using SSS on hair just is render-time prohibitive for me. I'm currently working on a particular hair (Hongyu's) trying to make it look good in DLight, which is difficult for me, anyway. I don't have the hair you're working with, but if you want to pass stuff back and forth on a freebie, or something we both have, I'd be more than happy to work with you on it. Its something I'm committed to doing.

edited December 1969

May come back some day in the future and tweak the morph but the newest dial spin, Adiqualadeyo, is available with her link in the first post.

Adiqualadeyo_Promo_1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 233K
    edited December 2012

Adiqualadeyo...

Ah Dee Qual Ah Day Oh...

Will you please stop with the tongue twisting names? Sheesh, Zamuel!!!!

Can't wait for your new girl!

Can I just call her Day-Oh?

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

I'd actually figure Addie would work a little better as a shortened nickname. As far as pronunciation, just plug "spin" into here: http://cherokee.org/AboutTheNation/Wordlist.aspx

edited December 1969

I was just kidding. She looks great.