The DAZ Creeper Appreciation Thread (Possible Nudity... at least there's a naked creeper...)

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 2012 in The Commons

I just want to take a moment to remember the very first exotic creature DAZ ever produced... and remember him/her/it fondly... and how I loved figuring out ways to Terrorize Posette and eventually Victoria with him/her/it...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Creeper! Wherever you are...

Post edited by wancow on

Comments

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I was just working on a Creeper render!

Took a lot of effort too. Hopefully ready this weekend - now it will have a home.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

lol. creeper was fun. it had the drool prop

120622-1.jpg
    1180 x 850 - 202K
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 2012

I forgot about the drool! Sooo appropriate to the character :)

Sadly, I have not had the creeper in years :(

I MISS YOU MAAAAN!!!

Thank you for the render!

I was just working on a Creeper render!

Took a lot of effort too. Hopefully ready this weekend - now it will have a home.

Now that just rawks!

Post edited by wancow on
  • HarvellHarvell Posts: 37
    edited December 1969

My runtime was getting cluttered, so I hired a janitor. (Reality render)

Janitor.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

That flipping RAWKS!!!! Did you post it on R.com or DeviantArt? I wanna fave it!

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

Personally, I liked the hanging tongue and the two drool props.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 2012

This "Cockroach" was rendered in DS2 a few years back, largely to showcase the Dystopian Krueger when it was still new. I used Pendragon's skin shader with a blue or green SSS tone, and liked the result so much that I posted a crop from it as my Rendo avatar.

I also wrote a story in the Team-Dystopia archives with a Creeper bartender, though I never did a picture of him.

Cockroach.jpg
    600 x 800 - 305K
    Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
    edited December 1969

That is bloody awesome! I missed a lot of great Creeper renders over the years! This one is fan bloody tastic! Love the back story!

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Don't forget the Creeper got to featured in a video game and terrorize the heroes of it.
    http://www.restricted-area.net/characters.shtml

Restricted Area was a poor cyberpunk Diablo 2 type game, it doesn't work right if you are using Vista or anything higher and want to play the English version of it.

Creepers are one of the commonly encountered enemies in the game.

edited December 1969

I'm still pining for the Creeper... unfortunately for me, much of the content I had at one point has been lost due to a variety of factors. I think the Creeper is the one thing I miss the most... I sure wish DAZ would put him out again...

Who at DAZ do I have to brown nose to get him back?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,769
    edited December 1969

I wish that they would bring back all of those old freebies. Many were worth paying for.

They and the PoserPros forum archive disappeared when the new site went online last year; a big loss... :long:

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I made a point to make sure I grabbed all the stuff from the old freebie archive...so I've got him, but I haven't installed him, since DS 1.x...until tonight.

I'd forgotten how much fun he was...

Funny how the pose pack is still in the store.

http://www.daz3d.com/creeper-pose-pack

I know there wasn't much around for him, but does anyone know of any texture packs for him?

edited December 1969

We Must Mount a concerted protest to get Das Creeper Back in the Store!!!!! Pitchforks and Torches!!!! I shall not rest till he comes back...

edited December 1969

I KNOW how to get the Creeper Back!!! Everyone make a Morph for the Creeper, submit it to DAZ as a Morph Set! Someone make Marylin Monroe Creeper and someone make a Taylor Swift Creeper and someone make a Madonna Creeper and someone make a Snookie Creeper! That WILL get DAZ's attention!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited January 2013

With a little UberSurface...for some SSS and other 'modern' shader goodness...you get this...this is the one include MAT, with the bump 'on' and SSS, translucency and other effects supplied by UberSurface. Just a basic 3 point light with shadows...nothing fancy.

We need Wendy to put him in a dress and post an animation to YouTube...

creeper.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 327K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited April 2013

Been restoring files from a back up drive after my last 'puter vaporized.

Look what I found:

EDIT - HOLY CRAP!! The preview is not erasing previous frames of the animation!

Never saw that happen before - but viewing it full sizr plays normally from here. Does everyone see it that way, or does the preview play fine on other folks's systems?

CREEP.gif
    1024 x 791 - 766K
    Post edited by Sockratease on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

LOL That's neat.

I found one too. Very simple.

Nearme_super_studio.jpg
    600 x 600 - 106K
  • Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

I had done this one a few years ago, casting the Creeper as a giant antediluvian creature:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1879949&user_id=176&np;&np;

I think it came out ok. :)

edited December 1969

I can't find the creeper in the store... DAZ didn't bring it back at all, or I missed it if they did...

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I can't find the creeper in the store... DAZ didn't bring it back at all, or I missed it if they did...

Creeper was on the free.daz3d.com site, which went away when the new store went up. Unfortunately those models have not come back ... :(
    edited December 1969

they actually gave the Creeper away free? Who Knew? Why did no one tell me?

edited December 1969

It was on the free site literally for years...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

Is there any chance that the creeper can be re-released or remade and released

• Here is a Creeper render I did a while back.

nightshade.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 444K
  • Updated Creeper a little

Toprender is 3Delight

Bottom is Iray

creepshow.jpg
    2560 x 2880 - 484K
  • I still have the lil guy, and will be using him in my Star Trek fancomic, Flight Of The Condor, as one of the crew of the Condor. Dunno what his position will be, but I am using every alien creature I have cos one of the goals is to have many, many more non humanoid alien races than you usually see in Trek. Bumpy foreheads will be kept to a minimum.

• Sorry guys, I thought it would be ok to give away an item on DAZ that was originaly free on DAZ to begin with. Apparently that is against the ToA