Problem with Stonemasons "The Ministry"

XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102

Hello!

I have a problem with Stonemasons "The Ministry" prop:

When I load the prop, everything is fine. But when I save a scene with that prop, close DAZ, re-open it and load that scene, all the textures on that prop are missing. I think they are simply not loaded (or not saved with the scene?).

This is very annoying and it does not happen with any other prop I use. Is this a known issue or something new?

I use DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.1.41 (the new beta) 64 bit with Windows 7 64 bit.

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I am using 4.5.1.6 and the same things happens when I use the .daz preset. If I use the Poser PP preset it works as it should. Time for a support ticket methinks.

It does load with the textures but for some reason they aren't showing up and I had a good look through the surfaces pane but couldn't see the problem.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

Ok, so it is not the fault of my system.

And as you have the same problem with a different version of DAZ, I think thats a problem with the prop itself. Therefore Stonemason should be informed about it. But unfortunately I dont know how. Or would a support ticket do this?

edited December 2012

To be honest I think it is a Daz Studio issue as I just had a thought and tested it in DS3A and it works as it should, opens with the textures showing.

Just direct a Support Ticket to the tech department.

EDIT to ADD: I just opened the DS3A scene in DS4.5.1.6 and saved it as a DUF and the same problem occurs when I reopen the duf scene.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 2012

Ok, thanks for testing. Maybe a support ticket would be best. But the strange thing is that "The Ministry" is the only prop so far with this strange behaviour.

EDIT: Support ticket is created!

Post edited by XoechZ on
    edited December 1969

Sorry I had to pop to the shops.

I would have done it though. :)

edited December 1969

No problem!

I will post the result as soon as DAZ answers the ticket - hopefully a solution.

edited December 1969

Sweet thanks XoechZ

• edited December 1969

Hi Folks,

I don't spend a lot of time in the forums as I spend my work day helping customers online in our support page. I definitely was able to duplicate the bug that XoechZ reports in this thread. I've reported it as a bug in our bug tracker: 48572 (https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48572). Our content Q.A. will check this as soon as they can.

I tried some work-arounds, like saving the texture as a Material preset, but they wouldn't apply. It may have to do with how the prop was put together. It's not a true figure, but a prop with 'nodes.'

To see the status of the bug, check the link above. The Content Q.A. will post a reply when they have time to see it in their very busy schedule.

If you have a tech question about this or for me, please submit it to our support page.

Thank you!

edited December 1969

Thanks Kriag for coming here to confirm that and also confirming that we should be making bug reports for content issues like this instead of Support Tickets.

• edited December 1969

It's still okay to make a support ticket in general. However, if it really is a bug in the product, then a bug ticket is better because you're going to have to wait anyway for Q.A. to fix the product and reporting the bug streamlines the process. But, if the issue is something else (ie, user error), the bug tracker people will usually not provide additional help. They will just say it is not confirmed and move on because it's the job of customer service (tech support) to help customers.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much Kriag for making this aspect clear, exactly what I have been after for a while now.

edited December 1969

I have no accesss to the bug tracker system, so could please someone post it here when the issue is solved?

Thank you!

• edited December 1969

Anyone can create an account to access the bug tracker as a regular user:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/signup_page.php

Tech support can re-send you the confirmation e-mail if your ISP zaps it.

edited December 1969

Why can't you access https://bugs.daz3d.com/ ? You do need to create a new account?

I tried to find the bug report but couldn't find it sorry.

edited December 1969

Yes, you have to create another account for the bug tracker system, the DAZ account does not work.

So I tried to create an account, filled in username and e-mail. The site told me that I will get a mail to verify my new account - but I never got one. So I tried again, and again I did not receive a mail to verify my account. Something seems not to work there.

But nevermind, I do not need an account there. I just like to be informed when the issue is solved.

Thanks again! :-)

edited December 1969

More than 2 weeks later since the problem was found... Any info if it is fixed already?

edited December 1969

As I mentioned I couldn't find the bug report, I have a feeling it was made in the private section of Mantis so I am as much in the dark as you.