Solar Fire Photoshop Brushes - Out Now! [commercial]

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!! these look awesome!!

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

They really look fabulous! Wishlisted for now!
    Thank you for creating them. :)

Love, Jeanne

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 1969

Thanks you guys :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

THank you for making them so they work in older versions of PS as well. :)

edited December 1969

Yeah backward compatibility is absolutely important.... So I made sure that they would work in most versions of Photoshop, by using this little app that converts them to ps7. I also included PNGs and a PSD layer for people don't use Photoshop

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

How about Photoshop Elements 6 for the ABR brushes. I know Ron's brushes work in PSE6 as I have some.

edited December 1969

I'm not really sure about Photoshop elements. I do believe that they can be converted over, but I'm not exactly sure how that works because I don't think I have it. Hopefully, somebody else can answer that question. But I'll check when I get home because I might actually own elements, I'm not sure

edited December 1969

Thank you, no biggie if you can't check...I just thought I would ask as I am not the only Elements user on the forums. :)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Gorgeous Brushes Barb! Just saw them in the store and dropped them into the Wishlist . . . for now. ;-)

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

The Solar Fire promo pics are some of the best I have seen lately... they really show off your product's creativity... and the last photoshop brush promo with the tips was very useful inclusion.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

I drooled all the way thought the promo images honey. I'm getting this set for sure. Yummy, sparkly and delightful!

edited December 1969

Aw thanks you guys :red: They're a bit all over the place. Definitely my most random promo set ever LOL And the genie one was a bit of a joke between Ann and I - we are always quoting that from Aladdin.

And yah, I wanted to do a promo that esp showed how to use them, for people who don't normally use brushes. The promo seemed like a good format for it. I also have a video tut I wanna do demonstrating gradients and how to get the "lit" look, with a couple of my own gradients included as a freebie... but I haven't had a chance to get it all set up yet.

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 2012

I have been in need of brushes just like this. They will probably be in my set of most used brushes.

So anyway here's what i came up with just playing around with them a bit.

(edit to add just on the off chance anyone actually wants to know. i used gimp for this)

Solar_swarm_sm_jpg.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 521K
    Post edited by DireBunny on
  • edited December 1969

I love the brush set. Your tutorial on your last promo was so helpful that I wishlisted this product right away. Thanks!

edited December 1969

Oooo awesome DB! Love the red and the apocalyptic feel to it!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

i let out a loud and heartfelt laugh earlier today when i spotted the aladdin reference :)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

WOW! Dire Bunny, that is utterly gorgeous!!!!!

I have been in need of brushes just like this. They will probably be in my set of most used brushes.

So anyway here's what i came up with just playing around with them a bit.

(edit to add just on the off chance anyone actually wants to know. i used gimp for this)

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 2012

Szark said:
    How about Photoshop Elements 6 for the ABR brushes. I know Ron's brushes work in PSE6 as I have some.

Since there is a PS7 version included, you should be good to go. Even users of PSE 2 should be able to use those. Good rule of thumb is that Elements can use brushes made with the version of Photoshop that is comes out right before that version of Elements and versions of Photoshop that are older. PSE 6 came out shortly after CS3 so you should be compatible with brushes made in CS3 and below. The only caveat is that some dynamics may not be available....just the difference in Photoshop vs Elements.

Release date references used:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_Elements
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Photoshop_version_history

Post edited by Pixel8ted on
    edited December 1969

Pixel8ted thank you for that most excellent information and links...it really is appreciated.

edited December 2012

Pixel8ted said:
    Szark said:

Since there is a PS7 version included, you should be good to go. Even users of PSE 2 should be able to use those. Good rule of thumb is that Elements can use brushes made with the version of Photoshop that is comes out right before that version of Elements and versions of Photoshop that are older. PSE 6 came out shortly after CS3 so you should be compatible with brushes made in CS3 and below. The only caveat is that some dynamics may not be available....just the difference in Photoshop vs Elements.

Awesome! Thanks so much for explaining. Sadly, I don't really use Elements to know all the ins and outs of it. I know I've heard in passing they could be converted to PSE, but not sure what the workflow is for that, either. Like I said earlier, I may have an older copy of Elements (I think I got it free when I bought my wacom graphire) but I have to locate the disk in my heaping mound lol That is, if I could even figure out how the conversion works.

That said, you may not even have to convert the .abr, specifically, or work the long way around it. I included png's, so it should be something like opening them each in Elements and saving them as Elements brushes (if all else fails) http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/freedownloads/f/convertabr.htm

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
    edited December 1969

please don't go to the trouble on my account. I also use GIMP so I know they will work.

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited December 2012

Pixel8ted said:
    Szark said:

Awesome! Thanks so much for explaining. Sadly, I don't really use Elements to know all the ins and outs of it. I know I've heard in passing they could be converted to PSE, but not sure what the workflow is for that, either. Like I said earlier, I may have an older copy of Elements (I think I got it free when I bought my wacom graphire) but I have to locate the disk in my heaping mound lol That is, if I could even figure out how the conversion works.

That said, you may not even have to convert the .abr, specifically, or work the long way around it. I included png's, so it should be something like opening them each in Elements and saving them as Elements brushes (if all else fails) http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/freedownloads/f/convertabr.htm

Before I switched over entirely to Photoshop, I used to use PS7 brushes with PSE2 and PSE3 without any problems other than losing some dynamics in brushes that had dynamic settings that Elements couldn't tap into.

From what I understand, the Elements application is based on the same code as the Photoshop application.. This is why you can get actions that "add" some limited Photoshop functions back into Elements. It's no so much bringing in something new as providing an access point to tap into Photoshop features. BTW, these tools can't tap into advanced features, just a limited version of the feature....like a curves dialog that is limited to RGB and can't be edited. Although in the latest versions, I don't think they need that as much anymore as they've been adding these limited features that add-on actions previously added.

Post edited by Pixel8ted on
    edited December 1969

Oooo awesome DB! Love the red and the apocalyptic feel to it!

WOW! Dire Bunny, that is utterly gorgeous!!!!!

This is one of the odd ties when i knew what colours i wanted to play around with, but had no clear idea of what the picture should be.

So i just started rendering random pieces and trying to fit it together. "lol"

edited December 1969

This is one of the odd ties when i knew what colours i wanted to play around with, but had no clear idea of what the picture should be.

So i just started rendering random pieces and trying to fit it together. "lol"

LOL Thats pretty much how I did the promos - winged it

edited December 1969

Just dropping by to say there's only 1 week left on the intro

edited December 1969

Think I will slip one more pic in here.
    This took longer than i thought it would for something pretty simple.
    I just could not get the effects around her hand look right with out obscuring her face and covering the entire hand.

Finally got it to look how i wanted it though.

used:
    D|S 3a
    Sai
    GIMP
    V4 ranger hair
    Mini Dress A4/V4
    Solar Fire

Practical_Magic_sm_jpg.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 482K
    edited December 1969

Think I will slip one more pic in here.
    This took longer than i thought it would for something pretty simple.
    I just could not get the effects around her hand look right with out obscuring her face and covering the entire hand.

Finally got it to look how i wanted it though.

used:
    D|S 3a
    Sai
    GIMP
    V4 ranger hair
    Mini Dress A4/V4
    Solar Fire

Oooo very nice DB!! I like that one a lot. Very provocative and I love the colors

• LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Hi IS, I'm interested in ordering these. I read above that you have a tutorial for one of your other products. Can you please direct me to that tutorial? I would love to see if a novice like me can work with them. Thanks loads.

edited December 2012

LJWM said:
    Hi IS, I'm interested in ordering these. I read above that you have a tutorial for one of your other products. Can you please direct me to that tutorial? I would love to see if a novice like me can work with them. Thanks loads.

Well, I dont think I have any tuts for using brushes per se.... I was going to do one for these, demonstrating how to use gradients and such, but I havent had a chance to yet. It seems that my Christmas present was coming down with a bit of a sinus infection LOL so Ive been languishing about the last 4-5 days. Hopefully, it will clear up soon, and I can find some time to get to it.

Here, is the link to my youtube acct -- just in case anyone wants the tuts Ive added so far. There are a few on Photoshop, showing how to do different things.

http://www.youtube.com/damageinc3d

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • LJWMLJWM Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Thank you. I'm most likely going to order them. But I've had a few problems with ordering products and not getting them to work. So now I'm very cautious.