A gunbelt or holster for M4?

Dream9StudiosDream9Studios Posts: 125
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Anyone know of a modern looking non-sci-fi gunbelt/holster for Michael 4? I'm having trouble finding one and I've been looking for quite a while. :/ The one I was going to use (from Hardcore M4) just looks too sci-fi for what I need which is for an adventurer style character. It needs to be for commercial use. I'd be very grateful for any links to products because most stores' search functions leave much to be desired. The gunbelt/holster could be for other figures too (except Genesis) because I have XDresser to convert things with. Thanks for any help!

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969
  • Dream9StudiosDream9Studios Posts: 125
    edited December 1969

I think I'm using that one on another character. For the character I'm working on I'm looking for more of a hip holster. (Sorry, I should have said that in the original post.) Thanks though! :-)

• W R WW R W Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have a bunch of Western gunbelts, holsters etc. from Questor. Baron Vlad Harkonnen had an imaginary SWAT pistol and holster for V3,A3,SP and The Girl, but not sure they're available anymore except for Cynthia. Also: DAZ Desert Soldier has a holstered weapon prop, I think it's a 9mm. The Questor stuff was available as freeware so somebody undoubtedly has a repost somewhere. What kind of weapon are you holstering? NYPD Glock or 1860's Peacemaker or ?? I don't know if they'll let me upload a zip here, even freeware.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

If they are someone else's models, then free or not, uploading a zip from your copy of the model would indeed not be allowed, unless the readme included with the product specifically states that redistribution is allowed.

Please understand that even if a product is distributed as a freebie, the Person who made the model owns that model, and it is his or hers intellectual property. Questor's products in particular were distributed by DAZ 3D, and he has stated in another thread somewhere that he doesn't want any of his products redistributed.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Depending on your weapon, you can take a Western holster made for a Colt 45 or Desert Eagle and scale/tweak/taper to come close. Even make it a shoulder holster, if you don't have to examine it too closely. (A cameo appearance? Cheat!)

edited December 1969

Thank you, chohole! I know I have the original zip file somewhere, before I do anything rash like post it, I'll read all the necessary docs (including "repost in entirety if at all" clauses) AND I'll refamiliarize myself with DAZ's specific policies. Meanwhile, let's see if Lizzie P has found a solution elsewhere or finds just my suggestions adequate to the solution. (And good morning! Where's my Genesis content?)

edited December 1969

Of course, the same would be true of anything I upload, if I had a way to upload. (Temporarily, at least, no website, ergo no links.) For instance, I want to share my "2001: A Space Suit" freebie for the Girl and Vicky ... bet I can't figure out how to paste a jpeg here either ... nope.

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

Would this help? It's made for a specific gun, but I'm sure some scaling could help you "fit" your gun. Been looking for a hip/belt holster for a while now too.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/hipholster-pack-for-brm92/74413

• BWSmanBWSman Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is for M3; but has a modern gun & hip/leg holster.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/shadow-dancer-for-michael-3

edited December 1969

Thank you all for your help! I got what I needed. :-)

@BWSman - I tried the M3 Shadow Dancer but it just didn't look quite right for this character and his gun didn't fit in it without a whole lot of constant tweaking.

@Burst Angel - I almost got that but then I noticed an ad for the new Sirena product on the same page. It has the perfect holster/gunbelt in it. It's for V4 but I bought it and it converts to M4 quite nicely! Yay!

@W R W - I still thank you for your kind offer though it's not allowed. It's as they say, the thought is what counts.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I almost got that but then I noticed an ad for the new Sirena product on the same page. It has the perfect holster/gunbelt in it. It's for V4 but I bought it and it converts to M4 quite nicely! Yay!

For the future, if you are not familiar with Motokamishii's models, they are acurate to the real things so if you need something that will look the part perfectly, I would highly recommend his models.

edited December 1969

You're welcome. If I don't have the answer, maybe I know somebody who does, that's the Zone. Happy pixels 2U

edited December 1969

BTW, I don't share non-public-domain files, I'm a professional illustrator and know the vengeance I can wreak upon thieves and pirates. PREFER they not land upon me, s'il vous plais.

edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    For the future, if you are not familiar with Motokamishii's models, they are acurate to the real things so if you need something that will look the part perfectly, I would highly recommend his models.

They are indeed very accurate, though a pain to work with unless you do some object exporting. I think I'm using two or three of their gun models in my novel including the lead's gun. I managed to grab an arsenal for my projects during that Cyber Monday sale! I didn't think to grab those holsters then though. D'oh! Panko has nice historical guns that I got as well.

@ W R W - I didn't mean to insinuate that you shared non-public-domain files. I just meant to thank you for the offer of help.

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 2012

Peacemaker from Xurge3D has a nice modern holster

http://xurge3d.com/inc/sdetail/26385/37316

oh, and the holster is a prop, not a figure, so it can be parented to any belt

Post edited by LycanthropeX on