bjSpider by wolmol

TreebeardTreebeard Posts: 33
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi all,

Trying to recreate my 3D data environment after a disk crash. In particular, I'm looking for the bjSpider by wolmol figure/character that I acquired as a freebie years and years ago. I have looked and looked but so far no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Steve

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Most of Wolmol's stuff is now on OnTarget3d...

http://www.ontarget3d.com/site/Manufacturer/33-wolmol.aspx?PageIndex=1

But the spider isn't there.

It was, at one time offered on Content Paradise. It was also at Vanishing Point, but the link there redirects to the Poseatier site...which is gone.

Also the old Poseatier site (old home of wolmol's stuff) is accessible through the Internet Archive.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Moved to the Commons as it's a request for, not an offer of, freebies.

• TreebeardTreebeard Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

Thanks mjc1016!

I was able to find it using the Internet Archive and looking at the archive of the Poseatier site. Got lucky and clicked on the right thing and it actually worked! Sometimes you get lucky with that site, sometimes you don't...

Thanks so much!

Steve (Treebeard)

• MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited September 2012

Treebeard said:
    Hi all,

Trying to recreate my 3D data environment after a disk crash. In particular, I'm looking for the bjSpider by wolmol figure/character that I acquired as a freebie years and years ago. I have looked and looked but so far no luck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Steve

I think it's also known as "Bjodo Mortula Spider". There were a couple of sites hosting it as a freebie, but I'll be danged if I can find them now. There is a Cinema4D version available as a freebie on his website, if you want...

O.K., guess you found it.

Post edited by Morpheon on
    edited September 2012

I believe the C4D version is the 'original' and wolomol 'Poserized' (with permission...according to the ReadMe in the copy I have from years ago...).

The C4D version would need to be converted and re-rigged to use.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    I believe the C4D version is the 'original' and wolomol 'Poserized' (with permission...according to the ReadMe in the copy I have from years ago...).

The C4D version would need to be converted and re-rigged to use.

Yeah, Chimera used the Poserized version in a couple of his renders, and said exactly that.

edited December 1969

It's not a bad looking 'monster' spider, but it is in serious need of a retexturing job. Maybe a remapping, too...

Texturing would be fairly easy as it currently has a fairly simple UV mapping....

spider2.jpg
    750 x 600 - 215K
    edited December 1969

Can you give me a link to that, please? I've never had it, and it looks like it might be cool to play around with.

edited December 2012

For anyone else who may be interested, the Poser version of this figure is a Content Paradise freebie:

Spider (for Poser)
    http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=9906

Spider.jpg
    400 x 400 - 54K
    Post edited by Morpheon on