Utopia Labs -New Environment- (Commercial)

StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,156
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Utopia Labs is a clean lined exterior environment,With three levels of sci-fi inspired architecture this is an ideal set for your utopian future images.

•Utopia Labs ◦DAZ Studio Optimized Scene (.DAZ) ◦Multi-part
◦14 bonus Cameras include volume fog for atmospheric affects
◦ Uberenvironment light set included

◦Utopia LabsOptimized Poser Prop/Environment (.PP2 and .OBJ) ◦Multi-part
◦14 bonus Cameras included

Due for release sometime this month

Comments

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,156
    edited December 2012

more pics...

Popup03.jpg
    1300 x 750 - 394K
    Popup09a.jpg
    692 x 900 - 273K
    Popup05.jpg
    1300 x 750 - 386K
    Popup06.jpg
    1300 x 750 - 382K
    Post edited by Stonemason on
  • edited December 1969

Very Nice Work!!!!

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

Wow, I'm getting inspired just looking at it. Purchase for sure! :-)

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

I was wondering when you'd return to the Utopia line. I love Utopia Deck-C. Hope more interiors are coming as well. :)

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

I'm usually not a big fan of 'clean' sci-fi. I prefer a more used look but this one I will have to make an exception for.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

Breathtaking, as usual. I really love your work - art and models.

If I can't put it in my runtime with all the other SM models I have, then it will go in wishlist with all the SM stuff I want. lol

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742
    edited December 1969

Me. Want.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 1969

...ahh, Telestrian Industries HQ, Portland, Tir Taringire. Nice.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

WOW... Simply beautiful! My type of set! Love it :cheese:

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Will be mine once released. Looks a lot like Entropia Universe buildings on Calypso, for those who know this MMO game.

• monkeycloudmonkeycloud Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, that looks damn nice.

Looks like a great place to recoup after returning from the planets of Lava and Ice ;-)

• edited December 1969

OOh I want I want I want, When? I always love your stuff bro. Nobody puts in the details like you.

• clarke_af31e2e15dclarke_af31e2e15d Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

I'm usually not a big fan of 'clean' sci-fi.

Although I agree, this is a disturbing trend, IMO. It used to be that sci-fi was about looking forward to a brighter, better future where basic needs are met and men, women, and different races are more equal. The turn away from that to the more dystopian views that are popular now is an indicator of how we see the world *currently*...I think people had more hope for the future in the '50s than they do nowadays.

Kudos, nonetheless, to Stonemason for giving us the tools to present whatever version of the future we want!

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Ohhhhh, beautiful!!!

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

clarke said:

Although I agree, this is a disturbing trend, IMO. It used to be that sci-fi was about looking forward to a brighter, better future where basic needs are met and men, women, and different races are more equal. The turn away from that to the more dystopian views that are popular now is an indicator of how we see the world *currently*...I think people had more hope for the future in the '50s than they do nowadays.

Kudos, nonetheless, to Stonemason for giving us the tools to present whatever version of the future we want!

Oh, I don't know. I think science fiction has always run the gamut between optimism and pessimism. H.G. Wells is a good example. I'd say the attitude in the '50s was more of an aberration than today's variety.

Anyway, very pretty building. I need to think of a project that needs it. :)

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

I like clean sci-fi, not so much for the Star Trek-utopian viewpoint, but to illustrate contrasts. I can easily imagine this building a couple-o-few blocks from a gang ridden slum, hogging the best part of the beachfront.

Any idea when it's coming out? It WILL be mine!
    *yearn*

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,525
    edited December 1969

New set looks awesome.

• kmw_5213kmw_5213 Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Wow, Stefan! This is one of the rare models you've done that makes the future look hopeful, not destitute and Dystopian. I appreciate the new perspective. I look forward to having it in my Runtime at some point.

kmw

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited December 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...ahh, Telestrian Industries HQ, Portland, Tir Taringire. Nice.

...or even better, Aeon Technologies: Hilo, Kingdom of Hawai'i.

...palm trees aren't native to the Pacific Northwest.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

kmw_ said:
    Wow, Stefan! This is one of the rare models you've done that makes the future look hopeful, not destitute and Dystopian. I appreciate the new perspective. I look forward to having it in my Runtime at some point.

kmw

I agree on all points! Loverly!

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

clarke said:

I wouldn't say that's necessarily the conclusion to be drawn. For me, I live a very mundane life, so I like my fantasy and sci-fi dark: Lord of the Rings rather than Narnia, Mass Effect rather than Star Wars or Star Trek (though I do also like Narnia, Star Wars, and Star Trek, incidentally).

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

this looks insane and like a must have

edited December 1969
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I had some lucky timing with money crediting my account... here's a couple of quickies

the overview shows a substantial building on a solid-looking concrete plinth block that should make it quite versatile for sinking it into several different terrain environments.

the courtyard shows great potential for dramatic depths of scale (note size of default Genesis shape on upper balcony platform)

Utopia_Labs_courtyard.jpg
    800 x 800 - 520K
    Utopia_Labs_overview.jpg
    800 x 800 - 234K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

just realised I posted in the wrong thread, LOL

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

Will there be more in this Utopia series? I like having different planets of people. Some people have this Utopian look while others have dystopian looks. Other planets are based on different cultures. While some are based on my imagination.

Enough of the rambling I want more of the Utopian series. I cannot get this Utopian labs right now but I want to later.

edited December 1969

yes,more will be added to the series,already concepting another one,

and thanks for the pics Jabba,.in addition to mixing it with different terrain environments I found it looked cool when adding a water plane,
    ...reflecting water,palm trees & white architecural finishes all work well together

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,551
    edited December 1969

How long will it be 20% off?

edited December 1969

as with all my new releases the 20% intro price will last 2 weeks

thanks
    stefan

edited December 1969

lets see some renders guys!

here's one with a water plane ,deleted the lower half of utopia and moved the main deck

jghkjsd.jpg
    1200 x 520 - 363K