Website is messed up using IE

jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Whether its IE8 or 9, I can't view the store with this browser....its the same at home and at work. I can see it on Firefox but I don't want to switch browsers everytime I want to come here when my preference is IE. The wording is messed up and the pictures aren't loading at all. Is anyone else having a problem?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2012

Yes, there are several threads on this...

Some options...

If using Kaspersky products...update.

If using another AV, try adding https://www.cloudflare.com to the 'trusted sites' in IE's options.

If using any adblocking/script blocking plugins/addons/etc whitelist Cloudlfare...

Logout, shut down browser. Clear cookies (all DAZ related ones), clear cache. Reboot computer. re-login.

If none of the above...complain to Cloudflare.

And really do consider giving up IE...it's not a matter of if it will blow up in your face, but a matter of when.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • IVSMAIVSMA Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    And really do consider giving up IE...it's not a matter of if it will blow up in your face, but a matter of when.

May I ask mjc1016, what prompts this remark... personal opinion or something more?
    I have always used IE because its just what I have always been used to. I wonder if there are good reasons to change. Is there something i missed?
    The only real problems I have are here at DAZ more recently, Cornucopia3D (grumble!!) & in the past the odd financial institution.

;-) :-)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

IE is the most targeted (and not because it was at one point, the most popular...though that did play into it some, but because it was the easiest to 'crack') browser, by malware and hackers, in existence. It has one of, if not, the slowest patch schedules and numerous 'zero day' exploits (basically an exploit that's 'in the wild' before it's discovered it exists). Historically, it is the most exploited software around...

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

I have only used IE for the past 10 years and have had no problems until now....with Daz. I don't use Kapersky products and don't know what cloudflare is. Rendo, Rdna and Content Paradise are all fine. Everything is moving/loading fast......except for here. The only reason I installed Firefox was to see if I could see the Daz store. This problem only started just a few days ago so what changed?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

CloudFlare. Is a hosting site for Images and files Daz3D is using it. The Options/Settings have changed so the sites have changed. Even though they were NOT supposed to. They Did.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

In one of the threads, somewhere there are details on how to change the IE security settings in order to allow Cloudflare. When I find the thread again I will post the details for you.

I can't remember what it was, and as I haven't used IE for quite a few years I have no way of finding it.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    In one of the threads, somewhere there are details on how to change the IE security settings in order to allow Cloudflare. When I find the thread again I will post the details for you.

I can't remember what it was, and as I haven't used IE for quite a few years I have no way of finding it.

I'm on Firefox 17.0.1 Portable. Since I'm at work I can't use IE (the company's official browser, with a non-clearable cache) or GChrome (which the company's virus checker says is a virus -- not that it has a virus, that it is a virus). I've gone into Firefox's settings and added http://www.cloudflare.com to the Security exceptions list and specifically Allowed it in Block pop-up windows and Load images automatically (just in case), but no joy.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

IE9 and MS Secruity Essentails casue very little problems for me like others report which makes it hard to track the probelm. I run a very basic system with very few programs installed.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,173
    edited December 2012

I have used IE since forever. I have never had a problem with DAZ's website using IE. Any problems I have with DAZ's website is due to inaccurate catalogs and account limitations. I have experienced no major problems with IE, ever! It's Firefox, Netscape, Opera, et. al. that I throw up my hands in disgust over.

So for the people who continually bash IE, I wonder what sort of environments they play in that apparently cause so many issues with IE.

I've been "webbing" since before there was a web. I helped create the web. I used to use Netscape when it was the new hot thing surpassing "Gopher" but once IE came out I've been with it and haven't looked back.

Yes, I run a Microsoft shop. No, I don't tinker greatly with my installations. I'm a "default" sort of guy. I've always run Norton security products and have only been bitten by a virus once and it didn't do much damage. I've had to fix god only knows how many fatal viruses for people who tinker with their MS security settings, run the free/cheap/hot A/V du-jour, and think they know better than Microsoft.

No, I'm not a gamer. No, I don't visit shady parts of the Internet. Yes, I practice safe e-mail behavior.

I just don't buy the "IE sucks" line. :-Q

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I use IE9 64 bit edition, I'm not having any problems, other than having to hit F5 more often as pages don't always load completely.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    IE is the most targeted (and not because it was at one point, the most popular...though that did play into it some, but because it was the easiest to 'crack') browser, by malware and hackers, in existence. It has one of, if not, the slowest patch schedules and numerous 'zero day' exploits (basically an exploit that's 'in the wild' before it's discovered it exists). Historically, it is the most exploited software around...

History has changed. IE8 and especially IE9 are now considered just as safe and in some respects even safer than the other browsers. Microsoft has worked a lot on these things in the later years.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,732
    edited December 1969

I have used IE since forever. I have never had a problem with DAZ's website using IE. Any problems I have with DAZ's website is due to inaccurate catalogs and account limitations. I have experienced no major problems with IE, ever! It's Firefox, Netscape, Opera, et. al. that I throw up my hands in disgust over.

So for the people who continually bash IE, I wonder what sort of environments they play in that apparently cause so many issues with IE.

Yea, I wonder about that too. I've been using IE ever since the first version and never got a virus or anything that way.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Now I'm getting this issue in IE, I see no pictures at all. I can't not use IE because it's work's computer. I guess this is someone telling me that I shouldn't browse at work. It's all well and good to tell people not to use IE but it is still a large proportion of the market, images should be displaying correctly in it.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 2012

Taozen said:

Yea, I wonder about that too. I've been using IE ever since the first version and never got a virus or anything that way.

And I too. I totally agree with LeatherGryphon and there's no way I would change my prefered browser.

Love, Jeanne

Post edited by Jeanne M on