3 weeks and no return calls, no one answers-need refund and closing account

omradiocomomradiocom Posts: 66
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I've been a platinum member for several years now and I'm done with this.

For 3 weeks I have been calling the customer phone numbers and leaving messages to get a refund on the Dynamic Ninja product. It just simply does not work with ease and I'm not going to waste time on it.

But to have left half a dozen messages, called through out the week for 3 weeks and get nobody, what the gives?

The grand problem with this for me,....I have made Daz3d the center of my praise for a few years now: "Look, if there is one company that is doing great for its people, it is this lil company out of Utah."

I have been battling to get the State of Texas Comptroller off their backs, even without help from their CFO now...since he's been replaced.

I think the best way to simply solve the problem is admit Daz can't handle its biz.

I know Richard and other forum mods tend to you guys well and I'm a huge fan of Craig in tech support, but the Bosses are screwing us if we are using their products and can't get follow up for a month. 3 weeks is too long to have to keep calling. They promise to call you back and don't.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did you file a support ticket? That is normally the first thing to try, before the phone calls.

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Normally? You say that as if we're somehow supposed to know about some nebulous correct procedure, yet the phone number is right there prominently displayed on the Contact Us page.

edited December 1969

Yes, But people normally file a support ticket, that is why the system is there.

Help / Contact Us / File a Help Request. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/help/help-contact-us

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Daz should answer it's phone, I totally agree. They have proven they can't answer the phone with any regularity as we see threads on this issue weekly. I suggest opening a ticket and calling as well. Even with the ticket system they are as responsive as they should be.

• omradiocomomradiocom Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

"Why on earth are you tangling with Texas’ Comptroller? It is DAZ’s job to do that if there is a tax issue, it isn’t yours. In fact, you are probably muddying up the waters as a 3rd party."

1. Because I'm a Texas Resident who is being charged tax. That sorta makes it my business to do so...
    2. I'm close to members on the Texas business committees. They agree that Daz3d shouldn't be a collector for Texas user taxes.
    3. and this is where it counts...before you yap off at me...I was in full discussion with Daz3d CFO about my participation BEFORE I ever even rang the 1st Austin phone number. So, no, I didn't muddy the waters.

Before you bark like this on a post I ask questions about, know what you're talking about.
    it is entirely my issue to ask about taxation because I'm the one paying it.
    Last, I'm a citizen of Texas and have every right to tell my State to leave a Utah company alone.

• omradiocomomradiocom Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

chohole,

I will consider the ticket system for these matters, though it isn't what I've done before regarding sales. I have used the ticket system for tech issues only. it is highly unusual to not get a phone agent for 3 weeks.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited December 1969

csampson said:
    chohole,

I will consider the ticket system for these matters, though it isn't what I've done before regarding sales. I have used the ticket system for tech issues only. it is highly unusual to not get a phone agent for 3 weeks.

I don't think it is that unusual. I've left messages (months ago) and NEVER got a reply. So, don't hold your breath and wait by the phone. I have had good luck with the support ticket system. It takes days and sometimes several back and forth messages, but eventually everything gets straightened out, and they are always polite and helpful. Same is true of the phone support, if you ever get a person to answer.
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

File a support ticket telling DAZ their phones seem to be broken.

If you're leaving anyway you may as well get a laugh on the way out.

Seriously though - It's a shame to see so many of these sorts of threads.

• Kodiak3dKodiak3d Posts: 223
    edited December 2012

chohole said:
    Yes, But people normally file a support ticket, that is why the system is there.

Help / Contact Us / File a Help Request. http://www.daz3d.com/shop/help/help-contact-us

Forgive me, Chohole, but I have to totally (yet respectfully, you're just doing your job) disagree with you. DAZ presents their number for customers to call. They should answer or, if someone leaves a message as they are asked to do, they should return it. The fact that a support ticket wasn't filed is no excuse for poor customer service.

Customer service has gone downhill quickly since the Gizmoz merger. A phone call to DAZ used to solve problems in a few minutes. I've always preferred to deal with DAZ by phone because support tickets have a history of taking forever to be resolved.

Post edited by Kodiak3d on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2012

araneldon said:
    Normally? You say that as if we're somehow supposed to know about some nebulous correct procedure, yet the phone number is right there prominently displayed on the Contact Us page.

Chohole is just trying to help- most of us appreciate it.

Post edited by Novica on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited December 2012

I have to agree with camp that implies "DAZ can't handle their biz". They've screwed the pooch. Dropped the ball. Gone over to the dark side. The DAZ we used to know is gone. And apparently so are a lot of paying customers. I hang around only for the entertainment (and the rare chance that someone asks a technical question that I have a ready answer for). It's sort of like watching "Here comes Honey Boo Boo" or "Hoarders". 8-o

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 2012

Novica said:
    araneldon said:

Chohole is just trying to help- most of us appreciate it.
    I appreciate help if it doesn't come with the implication that the customer has done something wrong, when said customer had no way to know better. There is no indication whatsoever on the Contact Us page that zendesk is the preferred avenue of communication.

I wouldn't have said anything if not for the fact that this sort of thing has become more common lately at DAZ. It's disappointing.

Post edited by araneldon on
  • edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    csampson said:
    "Why on earth are you tangling with Texas’ Comptroller? It is DAZ’s job to do that if there is a tax issue, it isn’t yours. In fact, you are probably muddying up the waters as a 3rd party."

1. Because I'm a Texas Resident who is being charged tax. That sorta makes it my business to do so...
    2. I'm close to members on the Texas business committees. They agree that Daz3d shouldn't be a collector for Texas user taxes.
    3. and this is where it counts...before you yap off at me...I was in full discussion with Daz3d CFO about my participation BEFORE I ever even rang the 1st Austin phone number. So, no, I didn't muddy the waters.

Before you bark like this on a post I ask questions about, know what you're talking about.
    Last, I'm a citizen of Texas and have every right to tell my State to leave a Utah company alone.

Firstly, I am also a citizen of Texas, so color me unimpressed that you are a Texan.

2. The state of Texas does have the right to collect taxes on internet transactions. Directly from the comptroller's office:

"If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, then you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an Internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not collect Texas use tax, the use tax is due and payable by the purchaser."

If you have a problem with Texas collecting taxes, take it up with the state legislature.

Good luck with that.

The problem is that doesn't jive with federal law about what is taxable in interstate commerce, be it online or otherwise. One of the reasons I don't shop at Daz any longer is that they collect the state sales tax when they shouldn't be doing so under federal law.

• edited December 2012

1-(800) 267-5170
    1-(801) 495-1777

Neither phone number has answered for weeks. I have so many missing items in my order history, have spoken directly to Blaine and to Britney about this problem. Many of my items do seem to be missing files in the downloads for morphs and textures and other things. I have been a member of the PC for about 10 years... If they have effectively cut us off from contact (*because trouble tickets are too often ignored!), then something really shadey is happening.

I did not post Blaine's extension, but if i cannot get through by Thursday, I am calling it and telling him, boy am I unhappy. I have a bad feeling that Daz is maybe suffering a real issue... but even if I tried to download every item I have purchased here, it would do no good because I have all of these products that are not opening with all the files intact!

:P

Bad Daz!

Perfect example, I just found out that my products (*all associated) Ranaki does not include the Face/Feet morphs! Last item did not have the poser files (*OBJ/CR2) in the download, it had to be sent by Daz through Big Files!!! UGH!

Ariana

Post edited by Future Fantasy Design on
  • edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    ssgbryan said:
    csampson said:

Firstly, I am also a citizen of Texas, so color me unimpressed that you are a Texan.

2. The state of Texas does have the right to collect taxes on internet transactions. Directly from the comptroller's office:

"If you purchase merchandise through a catalog or the Internet from a seller located outside of Texas and use the taxable item in Texas, then you owe Texas use tax on the purchase. An out-of-state mail-order company or an Internet company may hold a Texas Sales and Use tax permit and collect Texas tax. If the out-of-state seller does not have a Texas permit or does not collect Texas use tax, the use tax is due and payable by the purchaser."

If you have a problem with Texas collecting taxes, take it up with the state legislature.

Good luck with that.

The problem is that doesn't jive with federal law about what is taxable in interstate commerce, be it online or otherwise. One of the reasons I don't shop at Daz any longer is that they collect the state sales tax when they shouldn't be doing so under federal law.

Your understanding of federal tax law is incorrect. Texas was one of the 10 grandfathered states in the Internet Tax Freedom Act.

Four different lawyers I know here in Austin say otherwise. And these are rare lawyers, in that I trust them implicitly. The guidelines for what can be charged sales tax are specific, grandfathered or not by any acts.

edited December 1969

OP and others may like to take note of this thread, which has just been posted

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12763/

• SteveVASteveVA Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

I've called DAZ3D several times with no results. And now even the phone number is no longer on the Contact Us page. Does anyone have the phone number or has DAZ3D changed it and just doesn't want anyone to call?

SteveVA

edited December 1969

SteveVA said:
    I've called DAZ3D several times with no results. And now even the phone number is no longer on the Contact Us page. Does anyone have the phone number or has DAZ3D changed it and just doesn't want anyone to call?

SteveVA

Check the thread I linked to in my post above yours, please.
  • SteveVASteveVA Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the link.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited December 1969

I've never had a problem getting a refund. The usual wait time for me is 24 hours or 48 hours if on a weeekend for Sales Support (knock on wood). Technical support usually takes longer...sometimes requires a follow up.