Daz Originals or not? Nope they aren't

larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
edited December 2012 in The Commons

It's a good marketing practice to make sure featured products are actually part of the promotion they are used to advertise. In the past I have seen Sadie and Sam advertised for DO promotions and I just kept quiet. However they are still doing it and also have Anubis as well.

What I'm refering to is the Snowball Savings page that has thumbnails that link to product categories. Sadie and Sam and Anubis are displayed, Sadie for Toon and Anubis for creatures. Since neither of these items qualify for the DO discount, they shouldn't be used.

Thoughts? I'm sure a few other images may not be DO's either.

@cho I resisted the urge this time.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

I strongly suspect that those are auto generated from the category rather than selected by someone.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 2012

I think sale ads should only display sale items. Not eveyrone is an english speaker, and this is rather confusing.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • DigitalDiva76DigitalDiva76 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This has really bothered me too, the preview on things not included in the sale it's shown for... Daz has been in business for years, seems like they would know better and be more proactive in making sure they are not falsely advertising something and frustrating customers.

And then I got a special "thank you" coupon in an email today that has a specific link in that email to where it was supposed to be valid for - daz originals (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-originals?utm_campaign=December+Coupon+$3.00+Off+12_05_12&utm_content=A+Special+'Thank+You'+Gift+from+DAZ!&utm_medium=email&utm_source=bronto&utm_term=DAZ+Original+Products) - but when I tried a product from exactly where the link took me too and a product shown on that page (santa baby is the one I tried), I get invalid coupon on trying to use for that. Even with coupon I would have been spending some money to get it, but not now.

One more thing to cause frustration in a very flawed shopping cart, after I've already been leery of ordering anyway because a month or so ago I got an error while placing an order that kept saying "try again", without thinking it would be a problem I did several times, only to find that after I finally gave up and never got the order to complete, I was actually charged every time I had tried. Then support could not find a record of the order, even suggested very nicely that I place the order again. I had to wait for all the charges to clear (for far more than I ever originally planned to spend since the faulty order went through many times) then have my credit card processor remove them because support could not track them down to cancel.

Very very flawed system, I cannot understand why Daz allows it to continue when it will just hinder more and more sales from people who would otherwise be happy to shop...

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2012

Khory said:
    I strongly suspect that those are auto generated from the category rather than selected by someone.

Even when systems can auto-generate images there are typically human overrides. But I don't see why a banner like this would be automated. You have to crop the product images so they fit into a custom size, computers aren't that smart.

EDIT: I should say those images LOOK hand cropped, computers do a poor job of knowing what the import piece of an image is so at least of few of those images would look really bad if they were auto cropped in experience.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

I tried using the 3 dollar coupon on santa baby two and no dice.

Sometimes sales restrict 1.99 platinum items as well as new releases, but I am away form my email right now and can't see if the coupon doesn't apply to that.

edited December 1969

Sometimes sales restrict 1.99 platinum items as well as new releases, but I am away form my email right now and can't see if the coupon doesn't apply to that.

3 dollar coupon?

edited December 1969

3 dollar coupon?

It is an email coupon that is being sent to 'random customers'

It has a day and a half limitation and is only available on Daz originals.

• 3DProclivity3DProclivity Posts: 538
    edited December 1969

For the record, the Animation & Poses category depicts RawArt's Good as Dead Poses. It is a great banner, but certainly confusing if one doesn't realize that those are not DO's.

• DigitalDiva76DigitalDiva76 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

But again I used a link included in the email with the coupon code, and a product from the page actually shown via that link - and in the email there is no specific limitations listed besides just "Daz Originals". Why should I as a customer have to go through and test every product to find what does work or doesn't work from a link they provided.

Just another disappointing and frustrating experience and one more "con" on the list of why to even bother. So far my list of cons doesn't totally outweigh my desire to buy some things from Daz, and there are still a few pros, but eventually it may flip the other way totally. I don't see why they would allow these things to continue when its potential to really affect their revenue with more and more dissatisfied shoppers from both cart problems, sales problems, coupon problems, advertising problems...

All are things that can be fixed, if it's important enough to them to do so...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited December 1969

To answer the OP... Thats what it seems to imply to me.
    But then again to be fair, haven't we all see sales in real world stores (I'm not sure if mean non-virtual or that I believe DAZ is no longer located in the real world), where signs declare "Storewide Sale! Up to 50% off!" but most stuff on sale is only 5% off... and the only thing actually on sale for "up to" 50% is an old circus afro wig with a mouse nest in it... in comparison, this is just a minor mistake.

edited December 1969

sorry I can't agree lordvicore, I can tell you its a major mistake to use a feature image for product that does not qualify. They have absolute control over the image they use, and they have done it more than once. It's an old concept known as "bait and switch", and even if it is not intentional customers will see it as such.

Like I said, its a bad practice they need to stop.