How to shut off environment / ambient light?

murkel0815murkel0815 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

I have just started playing with Studio.

I want to create an image with really just one light source in it. But there always seems to be some light illuminating everything in the scene even where "my" light would never shine.

Image looks good in Open GL but not when rendered:-(

I did a little 3D years back and I remember that ambient / environmental light that you have to turn off in order to get total darkness.
Anything like that in Studio?

Also: How do I get rid of the blue background? Just use a black image as a backdrop?

Thanx a lot!

Christian

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    edited December 1969

To shut off the scene light you can go to the light and camera tab.
    On top of that tab is a light bulb.
    Click to turn off the artifiial scene light and it will give you a preview of your own lights (if you placed them)

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Also: How do I get rid of the blue background? Just use a black image as a backdrop?

Just change the background colour from the drop down menu as shown.

Untitled-1.jpg
    598 x 358 - 81K
  • murkel0815murkel0815 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Thanx for your reply:-)

The thing about the bulb is it only works in preview - doesn't effect the final render...

Well, I solved my little problem by using the Open GL Hardware Renderer instead of 3Delight. Takes a little longer (?) but gives me what I want - just one light source.

Will have to experiment further...

Christian

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you are saving in png what you are seeing is the background layer turned into a alpha channel. Just load it into a good 2D art program and Flatten (merge) all layers. That should solve your problem.

• murkel0815murkel0815 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I also solved my "Background problem" by turning the background color to black, as Jimmy C suggested. Pitch black as it should be.
    But I'll keep your advice in mind for future, brighter images;-)

Christian