Comments

• GoneGone Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

Another 1 node wonder. ;-)

ThinHair.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 355K
  • aliwonderaliwonder Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

This is a fantastic program. I did this in less than half hour and it rendered in less than 5 minutes. It will take some practice to get really good at it, but out of the box, the tutorials show the basics that are very easy to follow.

Installed without a hitch, and worked without any errors popping up.

Garibaldi_test.jpg
    600 x 600 - 142K
  • GoneGone Posts: 832
    edited December 1969

Ok - now this is just being silly! :lol:

BabyHair.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 311K
  • ekohamekoham Posts: 21
    edited December 1969

a fast attempt on body hair, I see nice details here :

qq3.jpg
    598 x 703 - 60K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Very impressed with allot of these hair styles but over the moon about the body hair. That looks really good. WOW!

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

the body hair looks fantastic!

Wondering if anyone has had a go at the fine hair that's all over our face? I did an attempt, but it was swallowed by one of the earlier beta's. Will have another go on the weekend.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Shaaelia said:
    the body hair looks fantastic!

Wondering if anyone has had a go at the fine hair that's all over our face? I did an attempt, but it was swallowed by one of the earlier beta's. Will have another go on the weekend.

Doable...but unless you are planning some extreme close ups, not advisable...even though the overall 'hit' is fairly light for using curve based hair, it's still a significant impact. The 'velvet' function of the Uber shaders will simulate that well enough for anything except extreme close ups...at less of a 'hit' to overall resources.

The same can be said about body hair, in general, too.

Now for close ups...wouldn't be a bad thing to have, in the toolbox....

• futurebiscuitfuturebiscuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Been a bit under the weather, put me a bit behind schedule... just sent out emails for beta 9.

p.s. Great renders... is inspiring me to spend some time to do some of my own...

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Been a bit under the weather, put me a bit behind schedule... just sent out emails for beta 9.

p.s. Great renders... is inspiring me to spend some time to do some of my own...

thank you
    please post some of yours - love to see them

• edited December 1969

Sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly.

I just tried to download the new beta, and avast gave me a warning so I canceled the download. Anyone else have their anti-virus complain?

edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    ... avast gave me a warning so I canceled the download. ...

Sounds a bit bizarre, can you email what warning you get? I have no idea what it would have exception with.
  • edited December 1969

fivecat said:
    ... avast gave me a warning so I canceled the download. ...

Sounds a bit bizarre, can you email what warning you get? I have no idea what it would have exception with.

Avast doesn't like getFile.php. Odd since it hasn't complained before. Now I can't even reach the download for the 64-bit windows version.

edited December 2012

Yeah, it sounds bizarre...
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/huhjxvdr27rrfq8/Untitled-1.png

I received this when downloading the windows 32bits version. After reading the full warning ... it sounds even more bizarre.

I ignored the warning and downloaded it. Then I ran a file scan over it and no threads found, it`s clean as expected.

Very new or very rare :coolgrin:

Post edited by ekoham on
    edited December 1969

Great steaming piles of bovine fecal matter!!!!

That is an absolutely, nothing, meaningless BS warning...Avast has just gone the way of Symantec and instituted a 'reputation' based ranking system for file safety...what a fornicating crock of manure! (I predicted this weeks ago, when folks started having problems downloading files from their accounts here...I just didn't expect to see it this soon!)

Find a different AV, if you want to preserve your sanity...until their 'cache' of 'popular' files is populated...expect to get bombarded with that kind of waste product.

edited December 1969

uughh great. Not sure what I can do, I'll send out a new email email with direct links. Hopefully it'll make a different but who knows...

"Very few people in the global community of avast! users have ever encountered this file, which makes it potentially suspicious."

Well thanks to the people at avast for that brilliant piece of logic to base their product on...

edited December 2012

uughh great. Not sure what I can do, I'll send out a new email email with direct links. Hopefully it'll make a different but who knows...

"Very few people in the global community of avast! users have ever encountered this file, which makes it potentially suspicious."

Well thanks to the people at avast for that brilliant piece of logic to base their product on...

Don't blame them (too much...) they are just following the 'industry leader', Symantec...on second thought go ahead an blame them for following a mind-blowingly bone-headed, moronic decision in the first place. At this point I see very little difference between the malware and the 'protection' products...

It's crap like this that makes wonder why I get out of bed, in the morning.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • HellKoreaHellKorea Posts: 17
    edited December 2012

Thank you garibaldi.
    i've got new beta 9..
    but i can't play this plugin.

message following is "need to be registered"
    need serial?

win7 64bit
    :sick:

2012-12-05_152355.jpg
    689 x 674 - 34K
    Post edited by HellKorea on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

jerrycrow said:
    Thank you garibaldi.
    i've got new beta 9..
    but i can't play this plugin.

need serial?

win7 64bit
    :sick:

works fine for me .

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the update - and I hope you get better soon!

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,681
    edited December 2012

I am seriously questioning my sanity...I am a beta tester myself!
    Can't imagine why I would forget that!

Anyway, I am, of course, modelling a cat right now and it seems to crash every now and then when I switch panels.
    Do you want me to send you the crash reports?

EDIT
    Okay, I read through this thread and will email the report to you :)

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 2012

I added hair to the forearms and some details on the legs hairs.

@futurebiscuit : You really need to re-enable the views box, sometimes is a real pain to rotate, move and zoom the view. A top, bottom, etc... views would be very very very helpful. (time saving !)

qq3.jpg
    600 x 800 - 63K
    Post edited by ekoham on
    edited December 2012

ecocam said:

@futurebiscuit : You really need to re-enable the views box, sometimes is a real pain to rotate, move and zoom the view. A top, bottom, etc... views would be very very very helpful. (time saving !)

I agree, it would also be nice if the Garabaldi window could be resized.
    It's a bit too small, especially when you want to do bigger surfaces ^^
    A big thumbs up for the intuitive setting tabs!

I am having difficulties importing texture maps for the cat.
    I converted the .jpg to .png but it still doesn't show up when I try to import it in the paint tab...
    What am I missing here?

STrange thing is that the crashes have seem to deminish!
    It's like my DAZ was like:"ok, what kind of new strange bird is this here?!".
    Now it seems to have accept it and haven't seen any more crashes today...(let's hope that'll stay that way :)

EDIT
    Crashes are back.
    I think it may have to do with my graphics card, but not sure.
    Sending you the report!

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 1969

jerrycrow said:

need serial?

The garibaldi Plugin is date restricted. Do you have the date and time settings of your system set correctly?
    edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

I am having difficulties importing texture maps for the cat.
    I converted the .jpg to .png but it still doesn't show up when I try to import it in the paint tab...
    What am I missing here?

I find if I'm having trouble with the texture import I export a existing texture control map from Garibaldi and then use that as a template to create a new one to import. That way the format/size and naming can be guaranteed to be correct.
    If your still having issues then send me a screen capture of the Garibaldi texture import Report message and what image editor your using.
    edited December 2012

ecocam said:
    You really need to re-enable the views box, sometimes is a real pain to rotate, move and zoom the view. A top, bottom, etc... views would be very very very helpful. (time saving !)

Orthographic view were something that I was hoping to get into version one. Garibaldi uses a few view camera dependent caching systems to make things more efficient in various ways. So implementing the extra views is not as straight forward as it seems so might not make the cut.

I always find using the home button above the navigation buttons to reset the view useful if the camera setup is dramatically changed.

I agree, it would also be nice if the Garabaldi window could be resized.
    It's a bit too small, especially when you want to do bigger surfaces ^^

I'm not sure what you mean, the window can be resized by dragging the corners/edges like and standard Win/Mac window?
    Post edited by futurebiscuit on
    edited December 2012

Erm, this is awkward...
    I tried that this afternoon and no resizing arrows would show up so I presumes it was a window with set measurements.
    Maybe it has to do with the crashes that it wouldn't work this afternoon.
    I tried again and, tadaa: arrows are showing and I can resize!

I'll look further into the texture thingy and come back to you later!

*A FEW MOMENTS LATER*
    Ok I tried your suggestion to no avail.
    Whenever I try to import a.png, it just doesn't recognize any at all.

*AND SOME LATER...*
    Ok, I spotted an oddity.
    It only looks for maps, not actual files.
    Also when I export it makes a map even though it says it has exported is as a .png
    Within the map I see that apart from the folder, there was afterall a file made named "fur", although the software states I exported it under my own given name.
    I think it gets lost on paths or switching folders with the files, somehow.

The paths you see in the safe file are actually the names I've tried given the file before.
    So: SKIN/BLACKSKIN/ are filenames I've given to the exported .PNG's but the software makes folders out of it instead and tosses in a file with a name "FUR" that can't be imported.

EDITED a few times to add pictures and info~

Gari3.jpg
    1571 x 751 - 181K
    Gari2.jpg
    728 x 157 - 41K
    Gari.jpg
    1868 x 1000 - 309K
    Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 2012

Orographic view were something that I was hoping to get into version one. Garibaldi uses a few view camera dependant caching systems to make things more eficant in various ways. So impelementing the extra views is not as sreight forward as it seems so might not make the cut.

I understand the point, and I'm also sure that if it´s possible to reset the view, it´s also possible to write a routine that resets and then rotate the view by a fixed value, like 90 or 180º. It may not be ortographic, but...
    As the provided controls are very limited by now, we need to use the brush tool a lot and, as you know, the view that we are using while brushing is very important. To give the option of some fixed view presets would help a lot and save time.

Post edited by ekoham on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

I dont have a pic to show but I was able to make some time to play with this on the new Santa Baby outfit in place of the modeled fur and it looks really good. Though I am sure it would look better if I spent more time on it.

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:

Ok, I spotted an oddity.
    It only looks for maps, not actual files.
    Also when I export it makes a map even though it says it has exported is as a .png
    Within the map I see that apart from the folder, there was afterall a file made named "fur", although the software states I exported it under my own given name.
    I think it gets lost on paths or switching folders with the files, somehow.

The paths you see in the safe file are actually the names I've tried given the file before.
    So: SKIN/BLACKSKIN/ are filenames I've given to the exported .PNG's but the software makes folders out of it instead and tosses in a file with a name "FUR" that can't be imported.

This is the expected behavior.
    When you export a texture control map in Garibaldi it will create a new directory of the name specified in the location specified. Inside this directory a colour 1024 pixel square png image for each surface which has be specified as active in 'Setup' workspace will created.
    In your case you have only set active one surface in the setup which has been named 'fur' in daz studio.
    The default behavior in Windows Explorer is to hide file extensions of know formats.
    When you select the import button a dialogue box asking you select a directory containing surface maps is displayed. Once you have selected a directory you are then asked what you want to call the new control map (defaults to the name of the of the directory being imported) and if the new map is color or greyscale.

I guess this is a bit confusing and even more so when your just dealing with a single surface. Documentation is currently being worked on along side fixes and enhancements.

edited December 1969

Basically, I've figured out all my crashes...32 bit. The differences between actual Win32 and Wine are just enough..

64 bit on the other hand does work...mostly, but DS itself is not quite as stable, which is odd.

This discussion has been closed.