JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS III]

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Akhbour said:
    The coldest we had here, for the moment is 2c, rather wet.

So I did this one:

Early snow

Nice but can we have warmer images please...I am freezing. :)
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I like that render too, and I don't think 2c (or 35.6f) is all that cold. Of course, it was 54f here today (12.22c). Almost like Spring. :-)

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

This is driving me mad

I'm trying to put Shelter into my cart but nothing goes in. Then I try again and it says maximum allowed is one though the cart is still empty. Mind is boggling. I've tried logging out and deleting recent history but nothing doing. I have permitted all of the cloud sites in NoScript so that's not the problem.

OK, it's there now. Either somebody fixed it behind the radar or I did something by accident that made it all behave. The site is slow today or the transatlantic cable is in a knot.

Post edited by Baglet on
    edited December 1969

As requested - the shelter in summer (in Paris).

SummerShelter.jpg
    800 x 600 - 255K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

our winters here have been getting a lot milder in recent years. I remember when I was a kid having to open an up-stairs window and shoveling snow into the house and into large metal wash tubs so we could melt it by the fire place and dump the water in the bath tub. We had to do this because the snow was up past the roof line and there was no other way to get out of the house. So we would shovel our way out the window, tunnel down to the front door and then dig a tunnel out to the road. Before a big storm we would park the cars out about 6 or 7 miles from the house at friend's houses that lived on streets with more trees because they had less chance of getting snowed in. That way when we got snowed in we could take snow mobiles back and forth to where the cars were at. That was what winters used to be like here. I remember rarely ever going to school in December or January. Now we have had several years where you could go out in shorts and a t-shirt and cook X-mas dinner on the grill. And people tell me global warming is a myth.

...yesterday (Monday) it in Milwaukee, was 65° the city set a new record for the warmest day in December. I also remember "big snows", when I was growing up.
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,085
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    This is driving me mad

I'm trying to put Shelter into my cart but nothing goes in. Then I try again and it says maximum allowed is one though the cart is still empty. Mind is boggling. I've tried logging out and deleting recent history but nothing doing. I have permitted all of the cloud sites in NoScript so that's not the problem.

OK, it's there now. Either somebody fixed it behind the radar or I did something by accident that made it all behave. The site is slow today or the transatlantic cable is in a knot.

Yea I had some aggro like that the other day.. I think the trick is to put something else in your cart, then it should show up.. so you can then clear your cart and start over.

edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    As requested - the shelter in summer (in Paris).

Nice, fits right in there :)

edited December 1969

Akhbour said:
    The coldest we had here, for the moment is 2c, rather wet.

So I did this one:

Early snow

That's cool - really get that feeling of 'bleurgh weather' :)

edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Invetero provides a fine scene setting for a Reality/LuxRender generated image ...

Glad to hear it works well in Lux, too :)

edited December 1969

Irony. After doing a summer scene it's snowing outside this morning. Only about an inch so far but it looks pretty on the trees and roofs. Glad I can work online today.

edited December 1969

Heh, yea.. are you in the UK? We've had a dusting, so hopefully that's all we'll have... it will be chaos otherwise lol

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Irony. After doing a summer scene it's snowing outside this morning. Only about an inch so far but it looks pretty on the trees and roofs. Glad I can work online today.

We're having a class 2 snowstorm warning here, and all the idiots that forget to drive carefully are in the ditches like flowers in the spring!

edited December 1969

Yes - down in Kent. It's eased off a bit now. We don't get much snow so anything creates chaos. Once got snowed in up in the north midlands - several feet of snow - hearing Kent was "almost cut off". When we got back there was about three inches. Big girls' blouses the lot of 'em she says in her best northern accent.

edited December 1969

Baglet said:
    Yes - down in Kent. It's eased off a bit now. We don't get much snow so anything creates chaos. Once got snowed in up in the north midlands - several feet of snow - hearing Kent was "almost cut off". When we got back there was about three inches. Big girls' blouses the lot of 'em she says in her best northern accent.

Ah you're local then.. same here. ;)

edited December 1969

Ehup in sunny Doncaster we hardly get any snow. When others around get feet we get inches...I hate snow and spam. :)

edited December 1969

It's for the best Szark.. even that causes chaos. Last year when we had a good few feet of it, we were just cut off for a good week. Madness!

edited December 1969

Madness indeed....mind you Dec 12 2012 the world as we know it will end.....I hope the change is for the better. LOL

edited December 1969

Ah December 12th is it?

Oh cool, that's a week today!... :)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2012

I thought it was the 21st December,, have I marked the wrong date on my calendar?

Mind you with snow in Kent, and none here so far on this South Wales mountain, something must be going funky. Further up mountain, come proper winter that shelter will have snow up and over the seats, and yet the headline as I pulled into Yahoo to read my mail said First snow of the winter for London. Oh dear, the poor dears are so unused to snow that they rate a headline for a mere sprinkle. :roll:

Haven't tried it yet, is there a depth morph on the snow level, so I can show it up here in the Brecon Beacons.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I thought it was the 21st December,, have I marked the wrong date on my calendar?

It is ...
    Now I wonder whether we should do christmas a bit earlier?
    Or forget about buying christmas presents ...
    ;)

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Mind you with snow in Kent, and none here so far on this South Wales mountain, something must be going funky. Further up mountain, come proper winter that shelter will have snow up and over the seats, and yet the headline as I pulled into Yahoo to read my mail said First snow of the winter for London. Oh dear, the poor dears are so unused to snow that they rate a headline for a mere sprinkle. :roll:

Haven't tried it yet, is there a depth morph on the snow level, so I can show it up here in the Brecon Beacons.

Yea, a few mates have been saving the trains were all over the place due to 'severe conditions' - which in reality was snow for about 15mins and none of it really settled.. lol!

No the shelter doesn't have a depth morph.. though I guess you could just get a white plane and just have the roof sticking out ;)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:

It is ...
    ;)

I vote doing Christmas early! Credit cards at the ready!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:

It is ...
    ;)

Yeah, Christmas early, on the Solstice , and then continue the celebrations for as long as we are allowed. Does that sound like a plan ?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kerya said:
    chohole said:

It is ...
    ;)

Yeah, Christmas early, on the Solstice , and then continue the celebrations for as long as we are allowed. Does that sound like a plan ?

Sounds really good!
    Applause!
    :)

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:
    Kerya said:
    chohole said:

It is ...
    ;)

Sounds really good!
    Applause!
    :)

Agreed! :)

edited December 1969

12th, 21st being dyslexic I don't care anyway I just hope something major happens before the human virus kills this planet.

edited December 1969

Me too, like winning the lottery or something ;)

edited December 1969

exactly it is a lost cause though I still think on the bright side....all together now "always look on the bright side of life"

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    exactly it is a lost cause though I still think on the bright side....all together now "always look on the bright side of life"

*whistles*

edited December 1969

"life a piece of **** when you look at it"

This discussion has been closed.