The Shelter Files 8(

StrixowlStrixowl Posts: 301
edited December 1969 in New Users

Been using DS since the beginning but all the files in my downloads are driving me crazy. I'm using DS4.5 on PC. What files am I suppose to use for "The Shelter? What is Legacy? This is getting really crazy. Obviously I don't use the MAC files but what's with the other 5?

Shelter - 15443_Shelter_v1.0_dpc.zip - Poser Core -MAC
Shelter - 15443_Shelter_v1.0_dpc.exe - Poser Core - PC
Shelter - 15443_ShelterLegacy_v1.0_trx.zip - Legacy
Shelter - 15443_ShelterLegacy_v1.0_trx.exe - Legacy
Shelter - 15443_ShelterDS_v1.0_trx.zip - DS Core
Shelter - 15443_ShelterDS_v1.0_trx.exe - DS Core

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Poser Core are for use in Poser with the DSON importer...

Legacy should be for 4.0...

And the zips should be Macintosh format...

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

Isn't it the Poser Companion files which are for Poser with the DSON Importer?

I asked, but never saw a response regarding the Poser Core files. As I understand it ...

DSON Core: Install files for DS4.5+. These are trx.exe files which installs content in the DS4.5+ (duf?) format. Needed for the DSON Importer to be able to use DS content in Poser.

Poser Companion: Install files for Poser runtime. These are dpc.exe files which are required to "convert?" the DS4.5+ format files for use in Poser with the DSON Importer. I believe they are basically python files.

Poser Core: Install files for Poser runtime. These are dpc.exe files which installs content in the Poser (cr2/hr2/etc) format. Probably the normal Poser installers which we've used since time began ...

mjc1016 said:
    Poser Core are for use in Poser with the DSON importer...

Legacy should be for 4.0...

And the zips should be Macintosh format...

• Satira CapriccioSatira Capriccio Posts: 523
    edited December 1969

All of which means that DS Core installers should be the only file a DS 4.5+ user needs to download

In this case:

You can ignore the other 50,000 files that now appear in our downloads for every single product we purchase.

Strixowl said:
    Been using DS since the beginning but all the files in my downloads are driving me crazy. I'm using DS4.5 on PC. What files am I suppose to use for "The Shelter? What is Legacy? This is getting really crazy. Obviously I don't use the MAC files but what's with the other 5?

Shelter - 15443_Shelter_v1.0_dpc.zip - Poser Core -MAC
    Shelter - 15443_Shelter_v1.0_dpc.exe - Poser Core - PC
    Shelter - 15443_ShelterLegacy_v1.0_trx.zip - Legacy
    Shelter - 15443_ShelterLegacy_v1.0_trx.exe - Legacy
    Shelter - 15443_ShelterDS_v1.0_trx.zip - DS Core