New User with Download Problems

MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Agreed as I'm still unable to download my order, which is also extremely disappointing as it's the first item I've ever bought anywhere and I can't wait to get started on my first project. Current estimate is all tickets should be answered by Friday - is this still the case please?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

jsma2012 said:
    Agreed as I'm still unable to download my order, which is also extremely disappointing as it's the first item I've ever bought anywhere and I can't wait to get started on my first project. Current estimate is all tickets should be answered by Friday - is this still the case please?

If the Order shows as complete but the downloads don't, go to Itemized Order History and reset the items -- that seems to unstick the downloads.

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

jsma2012 said:

If the Order shows as complete but the downloads don't, go to Itemized Order History and reset the items -- that seems to unstick the downloads.

Great thank you indeed for your reply !! Joining as a new member only a few days ago I'm still finding my way round. Unfortunately I can't find an Itemized Order History only My Dashboard is that it ? And how do I reset please ? Thanks....

edited December 1969

jsma2012 said:
    jsma2012 said:

Great thank you indeed for your reply !! Joining as a new member only a few days ago I'm still finding my way round. Unfortunately I can't find an Itemized Order History only My Dashboard is that it ? And how do I reset please ? Thanks....

Just found it but no idea where it's gone ? I'm using Poser Debut.... Thanks.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Were you able to download it, or are the downloads still stuck?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

From your account dashboard, on the menu on the left of the screen you should see "Itemised Order History" and alos "My downloadable Products"

edited December 1969

Were you able to download it, or are the downloads still stuck?

Yes it downloaded ok but can't find where it's gone to ! lol...

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    From your account dashboard, on the menu on the left of the screen you should see "Itemised Order History" and alos "My downloadable Products"

Yes found it thanks and it downloaded ok but I can't find where it went to ! :-)

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

Try the "Everything" search utility.
    http://www.voidtools.com/

It takes a couple of minutes to search, uh, everything, the first time you start it up. But then it finds things instantly.

Post edited by T Jaiman on
    edited June 2012

jsma2012 said:
    chohole said:

Yes found it thanks and it downloaded ok but I can't find where it went to ! :-)

Where do you normally direct your downloads to. I send mine to a folder I have labelled as "my downloads", otheres send them to their desktop

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Thanks. There's a huge list of entries 76,000 odd, is there a search box to find the 3 downloads ?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    jsma2012 said:
    chohole said:

Where do you normally dorect your downloads to. I send mine to a folder I have labelled as "my downloads", otheres send them to their desktop

Ok just found the three of them but after clicking on Run nothing happens....??

edited December 1969

If you downloaded it then it is on your computer somewhere.

Where did you direct the your computer to download the file to ?

When you told it to save file ?

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    If you downloaded it then it is on your computer somewhere.

Where did you direct the your computer to download the file to ?

When you told it to save file ?

I wasn't able to Save it as normally happens as the option wasn't there, instead there was just a message box saying the publisher could not be verified then at the bottom Run or Cancel. I've clicked on Run several times but nothing happens....??

edited December 1969

Copied across to new thread....

I wasn’t able to Save it as normally happens as the option wasn’t there, instead there was just a message box saying the publisher could not be verified then at the bottom Run or Cancel. I’ve clicked on Run several times but nothing happens….??

edited June 2012

That is very strange. Are you downloading itt from "Your downloadable items" in your account dashboard.

I will normally get a download screen up from there which asks me if I want to save the file.

What browser are you using ?

It may work better if you try downloading it using another browser

Or it maybe that your AV is throwing you up an Error, which AV do you use,

BTW you did make certain you were downloading the correct file, as you will have several files, and if you are using poser you only need the one with the dpc.exe suffix.

Also are you using a PC or a MAc, that would make a difference, If you are a Mac then you need the one that dpc.zip as a suffix.

edited December 1969

chohole said:That is very strange. Are you downloading itt from "Your downloadable items" in your account dashboard.
    Yes

I will normally get a download screen up from there which asks me if I want to save the file.

This is what I was expecting too but being the first order I wasn't sure....

What browser are you using ?
    Firefox

It may work better if you try downloading it using another browser
    Will try Explorer next

Or it maybe that your AV is throwing you up an Error, which AV do you use,

Zone Alarm security suite, I don't think so as it has always warned me every time of anything out of the ordinary.

BTW you did make certain you were downloading the correct file, as you will have several files, and if you are using poser you only need the one with the dpc.exe suffix.
    Yes just the pc. exe alone for all three downloads.

Also are you using a PC or a MAc, that would make a difference, If you are a Mac then you need the one that dpc.zip as a suffix.
    PC Windows XP

edited December 1969

Just tried openng it with Explorer but Zone Alarm as it always does stepped in and did a safety check. It then said it wanted to do a heuristic scan and immediately said delete it as they wouldn't be able to protect my computer if I proceeded which I did.

No idea why ZA didn't check the file in Firefox though.

edited June 2012

OK, Now I am going to ask you which product it is that you are trying to download.

THis is a genuine question, because there are some of the older installers that are thrwoing up problems, but not normally on download, unless you have your AV level cranked up really high.

My AV doesn't like the older installers, even though I have installed them before with no problems, some AVs have upped their heuristic scan levels to paranoia

edited December 1969

Celestial Hair V4
    CELESTIAL JEWELS
    Celestial Master Pak

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

A heuristic scan means it's looking for "odd" aspects, not that it's matching it against actual threats. While you shouldn't dismiss such things, you should check the file with another security tool - for example, Malware Bytes has an on-demand scanner that should interfere with ZA - as heuristic scans are likely to throw up false positives.

edited December 1969

And they are indeed an older model, so older installers. Whic are the ones that modern AV's are tending to go paranoid on for some reason.

edited December 1969

Thank you. Is that why it's not showing Save only Run ? And being a total beginner to the 3d world anyway what should I do next to open the file ?

edited December 1969

Well as someone who totally trusts Daz 3D I would disable my AV for a few minutes, while I downloaded the fies.

With the AV I use, I can tell it to ignore it's definition of a unknown file or whtever it calls it, and to download anyway,

I actually have those files, and can assure you there is nothing wrong with them.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Not necessarily...I've gotten a couple of PC zip files the other day. I was so happy to see them! They were the only choices for the particular product(s).

Dana

edited December 1969

Oh I'm more than happy with the files thanks it's just that it's all new and very unfamiliar territory. Not only that as I'd already partially downloaded them all previously in Firefox without ZA automatically appearing, their subsequent Explorer warning which I ignored this time round wasn't a bother either.

Unfortunately however even in Explorer it's again still the same as Firefox as it's still showing the same Run or Cancel option only with no Save option at all as before. With nothing then happening after clicking on Run....??

edited December 1969

OK, can we postpone this coversation now, and take it up again in the morning, as it is nearly midnight, and I have been here since 10:00am this morning.

edited December 1969

Good idea I've been on here most of the day too, away most of tomorrow but catch up later. Thanks for your kind help....

• novelist999novelist999 Posts: 90
    edited December 1969

I'm having the same problem. Daz needs a search for the "itemized order history." I've purchased nearly 2,000 products. I can't find anything.

edited December 1969

I'm having the same problem. Daz needs a search for the "itemized order history." I've purchased nearly 2,000 products. I can't find anything.

No your problem is not the same.

Itemised order Hisotry is shown alpabeticaly, apart from maybe the first few items, which have a non alphabet symbol prefix.

edited December 1969

jsma2012 said:
    Good idea I've been on here most of the day too, away most of tomorrow but catch up later. Thanks for your kind help....

Had to cancel trip due to bad weather. As I'm really anxious to get on with things, and why as a beginner I was therefore using Poser Debut on their 30 day free trial basis, I've decided to go for one of their regular packages instead. Obviously I'm still very anxious to receive my order so presumably I'll need to go to another forum, do you know which one ?

Thanks for all your help !